• Network: FOX
Season #: 1, 2
5.5

1. KenDavis
    Oct 4, 2007
    Funniest show I've seen in years!
  2. JeremyS.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Why didn't Frasier just do his TV show in SF and just continue where he left off. Okay so he wanted a change, but from excellent to crap! Big shame.
  3. kingsXrulz.
    Sep 20, 2007
    As with ANY pilot episode, especially when it's a sitcom, the priority here was to introduce the cast of characters; this leads to scenes where the characters talk about who each other is. There wasn't enough time -- this time -- to allow them to fully interact; that won't be the case (or, it better not be the case) in future episodes. Anybody care to name a sitcom pilot As with ANY pilot episode, especially when it's a sitcom, the priority here was to introduce the cast of characters; this leads to scenes where the characters talk about who each other is. There wasn't enough time -- this time -- to allow them to fully interact; that won't be the case (or, it better not be the case) in future episodes. Anybody care to name a sitcom pilot that turned out to be one of the best episodes of the entire series? Also, insult humor (zingers, punchline jokes, pick your term) is a staple in classic comedies. The reviewer from the Hollywood Reporter is correct; this show is going to be a hit (it BEAT Kid Nation in the ratings and almost matched Deal Or No Deal). It may never be great, but I'm confident that it will be good. Expand
  4. JoshR.
    Fantastic show!
  5. JoanF.
    Sep 27, 2007
    What great actors! What crappy writing! SO disappointed with this show. I wouldn't bother watching another episode; however, with this line-up of actors, I have to give it one more chance. Stale, old comedy with laugh track - UGH!
  6. Diego
    Mar 13, 2009
    The sitcom era was so dead with each new one being killed that I had hope for this one. Kelsey Grammar AND Patricia Heaton; bring it on! And it wasn't so bad. Surely wasn't good but all sitcoms have generally sucked for the first few episodes, at least it was watchable. In the end it just didnt pick up the pace fast enough, hense the death of this show.
  7. BrianT.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Not terrible, but I expected something a lot sharper, considering the people involved. Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton, and Fred Willard are fine, they can deliver an insult with the best of them. But something is really missing here. There is no originality, no edge. It stays very safely within the confines of the sitcom format, a dumb character, a nervous character just like Miles in Not terrible, but I expected something a lot sharper, considering the people involved. Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton, and Fred Willard are fine, they can deliver an insult with the best of them. But something is really missing here. There is no originality, no edge. It stays very safely within the confines of the sitcom format, a dumb character, a nervous character just like Miles in Murphy Brown, and a pompous character. The writing is very conventional and only mildly funny. The sitcom genre has definitely seen better days. Expand
  8. DonaldS.
    Oct 30, 2007
    GREAT new show. Laugh out loud may time every week.
  9. DrTheopolis
    Oct 4, 2007
    Seasoned actors, James Burrows directing a sure-fire hit, right?? Wrong. Kelsey was at his ham-fisted, overacting best and the plot set up of the one-night stand which lead to the birth of a child and raised by a single mom was handled better in the decidedly unfunny "October Road." There were moments... but not enough to keep me coming back for more.
  10. BrendanD
    Oct 4, 2007
    Bleech. This is blander than "Everybody Loves Raymond" and twice as lame. The jokes only get smile because they're being delivered by Kelsey Grammar -- I mean, back in the day, this is a guy who turned the line "Look at me, I'm running with scissors!" into an all-time classic. But this is absolutely the nadir of television. That's not to say it's bad, or that people Bleech. This is blander than "Everybody Loves Raymond" and twice as lame. The jokes only get smile because they're being delivered by Kelsey Grammar -- I mean, back in the day, this is a guy who turned the line "Look at me, I'm running with scissors!" into an all-time classic. But this is absolutely the nadir of television. That's not to say it's bad, or that people won't like it. Actually, a lot of people will, because it's Nilla-Wafer CBS garbage posing as an edgy FOX sitcom. It refuses to take risks, and it doesn't deviate at all from the sitcom formula, with the notable exception that these writers obviously understand the "situation" part of the world better than the "comedy" end. Nothing about this is worth watching -- which is why, unfortunately, it's probably going to last. Expand
  11. PeggyS
    Oct 9, 2007
    I feel like Roger S. Frasier was such a classic, hilarious, and entertaining show. Kelsey Grammer was incredible, but it was his supporting cast, like in all great comedies, that made the show so wonderful, funny and warm. The bond between Niles, Frasier and their father, Daphne and Roz like parts of the family.... funny without being cloying. The supporting cast on BTY is horrible! NONE I feel like Roger S. Frasier was such a classic, hilarious, and entertaining show. Kelsey Grammer was incredible, but it was his supporting cast, like in all great comedies, that made the show so wonderful, funny and warm. The bond between Niles, Frasier and their father, Daphne and Roz like parts of the family.... funny without being cloying. The supporting cast on BTY is horrible! NONE of them are the least bit funny, endearing or talented. That Latina gas is a one joke nothing, the young guys who wants to be an anchorman is BORING, never cared for Fred Willard's buffoonish style and the news manager is just a fat, frustrated, loud characature. I had high hopes for this series when I first heard about it. My husband and I watched the first three episodes and yesterday, we turned it off in the middle of the third. What a tragedy especially with all the talent that went into coming up with this show. Are the writers in mourning??? It's NOT funny . Get help before it's too late, and get rid of some of those ridiculous supporting characers. You need some heart on this show! Expand
  12. JeffS.
    Sep 21, 2007
    I quit on this show forever after ten minutes, it making me long for the golden sitcom days of Wings and Cybil.
  13. BedfordO
    Sep 24, 2007
    Many of the jokes are stale and predictable, but there are enough glimmers of comic hope to keep me interested. The first show was just a set-up; hopefully the writing will rise to the ability of the actors as the show develops.
  14. MikeM.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Its more like a 7.5/10 but I have a felling this will get better as it goes along but it definitely wasn't worth a bidding war and it belongs on CBS or NBC or even ABC not FOX. Its not trashy enough for FOX.
  15. ThomasH.
    Feb 12, 2008
    Excellent, fresh, and imaginative. This show has definate potential. Good to see Kelsey Grammer back on the box :)
  16. BigJ
    May 4, 2008
    Very funny show. Much better now than at the beginning of the series
  17. MohammadArshadi
    Oct 11, 2007
    I absolutely love Patricia Heaton play and herself in person she's a very very great sitcom comedian, im giving this show a 10 since, it's the third show after Raymond and 'till death to be heart warming and really funny, looking forward to the future episodes and down-the-road 2nd season. It is hilarious and i LOVE it.
  18. AnnR
    Nov 1, 2007
    I only watched the pilot. Chuck and Kelly were fighting too much. It was stressful to watch. Heaton's character was very annoying.
  19. helens.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Its, just barely ok....the reason to me is this. In Frasier an Raymond, there was family chemistry, some drama and lots of very clever interplay. This is a show of one liners - not to my liking even though I love the stars.
  20. valh.
    Oct 9, 2007
    Hate patricia heaten! hated her on Ray. I guess kelsey was bored and said "ok,why not"
  21. PaulC.
    Sep 21, 2007
    So much talent, so few laughs.
  22. MariaS.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Great show! I've missed Kelsey Grammer so much.
  23. RogerS.
    Sep 20, 2007
    Love Heaton and Grammer but the show is not funny. Poor writing, poor supporting cast, no passion. I was very disappointed.
  24. MattV.
    Sep 21, 2007
    The very definition of the mediocre sitcom. Not horrible but not in any way original, or very funny for that matter.
  25. StantinoH
    Sep 22, 2007
    Very clever, great interaction , great supporting cast. It's a keeper.
  26. C.B.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Surprisingly good. I'll watch again.
  27. KevinL.
    Sep 24, 2007
    The premise of this show is just plain boring. Its not absolutely terrible nor is it any good of a comedy at all but this is a forgettable show. There is no line that is memorable and really grabs me.
  28. EdgarC.
    Sep 26, 2007
    It's not "Frasier", it sure as heck isn't "Raymond", so what is it? It's a mediocre blend of two big names from television coming together to make a mediocre show. It may have just been the pilot, but it seemed more crude than funny.
  29. SamW
    Oct 11, 2007
    Wow, this show is a waste of time. Grammer saves it from being a zero. We can now see that Patricia Heaton is nothing without Ray Romano and that cast from "Raymond". I think that most of the shows humor is written for 10 year old boys. I gave it 3 episodes, that was 2 too many !
  30. CraigB
    It just wasn't funny.
  31. DiggemtheFrog
    Sep 19, 2007
    Oh boy, I get to be the first to comment on this show! Well, I was happy to see Christopher Lloyd'd name on the credits, but not Steven Levitan's. He was the creator of "Just Shoot Me," one of the more mean-spirited of the office sitcoms of the 90s, and now he seems determined to top himself in this department. This show's idea of humor is for the leading anchor lady to Oh boy, I get to be the first to comment on this show! Well, I was happy to see Christopher Lloyd'd name on the credits, but not Steven Levitan's. He was the creator of "Just Shoot Me," one of the more mean-spirited of the office sitcoms of the 90s, and now he seems determined to top himself in this department. This show's idea of humor is for the leading anchor lady to call her new co-star a "preening gasbag" in the last second before he goes on the air for the first time at her station in ten years. Well, he seems to deserve it, but still, how many half-hours of that could you take? I can't see this show outlasting "Anchorwoman." Expand
  32. EmmaG.
    Sep 21, 2007
    This is a classic sitcom like the old ones we all love. As I was watching the pilot I realise how much I've missed them.
  33. PatriciaG.
    Love it!
  34. RickE.
    Dec 12, 2007
    I was tired of the show within 5 minutes. The whole show revolves around the tension between Grammer and Heaton. Unlike Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond, where there were multiple tension points between the characters, which made for so many comedic moments.

1. Whenever the action drifts away from Heaton or Grammer, the show starts to feel slack.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    I'd rather just watch Grammer and Heaton trade barbs in the newsroom. [21 Sep 2007, p.71]
  3. There's no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to new TV series, but Back to You is as close as it gets.