The CW | Release Date: October 6, 2019
Overwhelming dislike based on 427 Ratings
Watch Now
Review this TV Series
MaxwooAug 12, 2020
I understand it is pretty political, less interesting, sloppy plot, well it is from CW, so we know how it will turn out, but Gothem has a charm for its own characters, and the bad guys are the examples.
23windomtJan 27, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this show so much. Especially Season 2. Javicia is killing it as Ryan Wilder. I'm loving Alice and Sophie too this season. Can't wait for Black Mask, Safiyah, and Victor Zsasz. Expand
manningn15Feb 14, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Batwoman is my 2nd favorite new show of 2019, my favorite superhero show, my favorite DC Comics show, and one of my favorite shows of all time. The acting is outstanding especially from Rachel Skarsten and Ruby Rose. The stunts are awesome and very well executed. The costumes were stupendous especially the ones that Ruby Rose, Rachel Skarsten, Nicole Kang, and Elizabeth Anweis wore. The makeup and hairstyling was excellent especially on Ruby Rose and Rachel Skarsten. The writing and storylines are superb, I love the alternate Earth sister storyline. An A+ first season to me. Expand
sgillespie31Oct 14, 2019
Batwoman is solid. Its on par with the other CWsuperhero shows, meaning it is mediocre. Ruby rose is a good lead though, and her father and the villain Alice are well portrayed compared to their comic counterparts.

Nothing here is amazing,

Nothing here is amazing, but it deserves to rise above the hate campaign being organized against it by people who can't stand to see a gay woman be in the superhero spotlight even in a small time CW show.
XyillOct 12, 2019
Don't believe review bombs it's a step in the right direction and Ruby Rose put her blood sweat and tears into the show. The characters are likeable so far, give it a chance
ILoveFantasyOct 19, 2019
Good tv show for SJWs Please all Left wing people watch your masterpiece of a show
cmascilongoOct 21, 2019
Love this series, it's great to have a woman playing the lead in an action Ruby Rose is awesome as Kate I can't wait for season 2
Live_VeganMay 11, 2020
BadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadassBadass
ThunderstrackOct 14, 2019
i think its a good show and it can be better in the future
i dont know why people doesn't like it
inopinatusOct 13, 2019
A great and dramatic start from the first episode. Ruby Rose has tons of presence and repressed anger and is convincing from the get-go. The outpouring of misogyny from some quarters is not at all surprising, but should be simply taken asA great and dramatic start from the first episode. Ruby Rose has tons of presence and repressed anger and is convincing from the get-go. The outpouring of misogyny from some quarters is not at all surprising, but should be simply taken as confirmation. Hopefully Metacritic will clean up the brigading. Expand
CornholiaDec 21, 2019
I like this series, really cool to have a woman playing the lead !Ruby Rose playing so good as Kate Kane.
Jr1394Oct 11, 2019
Great pilot episode! I’ve watched it twice in one day, and am about to watch it for a 3rd time.
Jenlar7983Oct 25, 2019
While taste is subjective and Batwoman isn't a mind-blowing show straight out of the gate, the show is promising and much-appreciated by its LGBTQIA+ fanbase. While the Arrowverse is generally quite diverse and accepting, those values areWhile taste is subjective and Batwoman isn't a mind-blowing show straight out of the gate, the show is promising and much-appreciated by its LGBTQIA+ fanbase. While the Arrowverse is generally quite diverse and accepting, those values are sprinkled in and grow in other shows while Batwoman jumps right into the deep end in episode one. This earned accolades from myself and my peers, but from conservatives, this is offputting and makes the show a target. Instead of watching the show and forming an opinion, they don't give it a chance. I myself thought that the show was less political than the trailers implied, though those are of course made tailored to however they want to advertize the show. It is politically correct without being pushy, if you watch the show and not just the trailer or fanboy reviews. It's a shame that more people don't give the show a chance, because the complex relationships are in themselves engaging. Of course, you can expect some family drama with Kate being related to Batman, but her other family members had a few surprises in store. Not just the big one you might expect, but one I didn't see coming from a character I didn't think would get recognition or have much of a role. The show is gaining its footing and learning how to write its characters, and so far they're on the right track to having strong female representation, character development, and relationships that shape the narrative. We need more shows like this. Expand
EndoKenOct 8, 2019
As far as comic book television goes this feels pretty average compared to what the CW has going on. First seasons are usually rough but I found it enjoyable.
ElyasylumNov 19, 2019
There's a lot of hate out there for this show and it's wholly undeserved. Kate Kane feels a lot like she is in the comics. The setting and scenes makes you -feel- Gotham.

It's a good, interesting show with believable characters and a good

It's a good, interesting show with believable characters and a good story about Batwoman.
matinDcOct 29, 2019
The Characters Are not Great... but it's Best Piolt Of Cw Shows There is so pressure on this show because of some Sexual orientation.... From People ..
MrMuppeFeb 8, 2020
First let me say this: Among the 0-1 votes I can promise you that almost all of them never watched a single episode, instead they watched the trailer or some youtube video talking about the trailer. For these people it is more important toFirst let me say this: Among the 0-1 votes I can promise you that almost all of them never watched a single episode, instead they watched the trailer or some youtube video talking about the trailer. For these people it is more important to spend time trashing something then to just simply ignore it, which is the normal thing to do with things you do not like.

And now the show.
Like the other DC shows this is good enough to be entertaining.
The main character is likable enough. The actress play the character well enough.
The villans on the other hand is on the weak side, she lacks the things that makes a good or even decend villain, she simple does not look, sound, or act enough like a great villain and that hurts the show.
The side characters are hit and miss. Some fits and act as they should, others are misscase or simple wrote in a poor way.

The writing is okay, not great, not bad, just middle of the line okay.

The political stuff. Yes it is here, then again if you actually know anything at all about comic books you know that this is not something strange. Is it in your face all the time? No, it is not. Actually, when it is there it does not feel forced like the shows trailer would make you think.

In short, after watching 11 episodes more then the 0-1 people: A decent show.
Siggi80dJun 24, 2020
Season 1 was very entertaining. I love the characters, the storyline and the action scenes. The pilot episode is way too packed and isn't a really good start, but the show quickly gets better. Rachel Skarsten is one of the best villains in aSeason 1 was very entertaining. I love the characters, the storyline and the action scenes. The pilot episode is way too packed and isn't a really good start, but the show quickly gets better. Rachel Skarsten is one of the best villains in a long time and Ruby Rose does a good Batwoman. First I wanted to give it a 9, but since I see the many troll review and their hate campaign, it give it a 10. Expand