• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 19, 2015
Season #: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
8.8

1. Apr 12, 2016
    I was never much of a fan for Breaking Bad, but Better Call Saul is my new favourite TV show, possibly my favourite ever. It's not about action, it's not full of plot holes, there are no gimmicks like killing off characters... it's just about character development and the writing. It's so well written and amazing, possibly the Smartest fictional TV show to come out of the US ever.

So good!
  2. Apr 12, 2016
    THIS SHOW IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! The feel of each episode, the writing, the actors and everything about it are nothing short of amazing. It is truly one of the best shows I have ever come across. Everyone involved with 'Better Call Saul' are creative geniuses at their very best. The show is unique, compelling and surprising. Season 2 is almost over and I am already feeling sad that ITHIS SHOW IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! The feel of each episode, the writing, the actors and everything about it are nothing short of amazing. It is truly one of the best shows I have ever come across. Everyone involved with 'Better Call Saul' are creative geniuses at their very best. The show is unique, compelling and surprising. Season 2 is almost over and I am already feeling sad that I will have to wait another 10 months or so before I get to see more of Jimmy's antics. This show takes me on a journey I never knew I wanted to take... Thank you AMC for renewing this great show for another season!!! Expand
  3. Apr 13, 2016
    One of the best and well-crafted TV seasons I have ever seen in my life. It will be a disgrace if it doesn't win an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. Highly Recommended.
  4. Apr 19, 2016
    This gets an 8 because it's just about the most pleasurable thing on TV all week, but it's holding back, last season was setting the backstory, this season was fleshing it out, hopefully next season all hell breaks loose. It's going to be a very long 9-10 months before season 3.
  5. Feb 23, 2016
    I was thinking "there is NO WAY that a BB spin-off about the lawyer is gonna make for a show I'd wanna see". Heck, this show(so far) is 'right up there' with the quality of BB. I don't know how they did it, but just trust me, it is TOP NOTCH television.
  6. Feb 24, 2016
    Now that is a show that makes you want to watch ad anticipate. Not like the other shows that are on for a season and get cancelled for the second season. Great show and great writing.
  7. Feb 17, 2016
    There is no better television when Gilligan is involved. The acting, writing and especially character development is just brilliant. "Saul" is engrossing and never pandering. The St Clair scene is so incredible that I had to re-watch to enjoy every word and nuance of the three characters. Non-premium cable is the place to find the best in television: Fargo, Breaking Bad, Justified,There is no better television when Gilligan is involved. The acting, writing and especially character development is just brilliant. "Saul" is engrossing and never pandering. The St Clair scene is so incredible that I had to re-watch to enjoy every word and nuance of the three characters. Non-premium cable is the place to find the best in television: Fargo, Breaking Bad, Justified, Saul to name just four. Expand
  8. Mar 4, 2016
    So far,this Season is relative boring.Although there is promise behind A fantastic buildup and execution,there hasn't been A sufficient amount of time to judge whether it deserves A ten.The reason for my score is that it has A lot of promise and the ingredients are there to make it even better than Season One.However,this short of A while I really have to question those Reviewers on hereSo far,this Season is relative boring.Although there is promise behind A fantastic buildup and execution,there hasn't been A sufficient amount of time to judge whether it deserves A ten.The reason for my score is that it has A lot of promise and the ingredients are there to make it even better than Season One.However,this short of A while I really have to question those Reviewers on here simply give it A ten just on how much they loved the first Season alone and not judging the content in which they were presented this far in this current Season.

Guys,give it some time!In all honesty,I would not believe any review that gives it A ten so far.Does it deserve A ten?Not at all.Does it deserve my score?More than fair so far.It's too premature so far to give Season anymore than A five,six or seven at best and for anyone to disagree with is that person's personal bias towards Breaking Bad and nothing else.

There's unbiased and then there's blatantly biased.Most scores of ten are the latter.I hope this Season is A phenomenal hit like last Season,but so far it's too little to determined whether that will be An illusion or clean cut reality.
  9. Feb 18, 2016
    I just doesn't get much better than BCS. Deep, interesting characters in just slightly over the top situations with outstanding production and acting. Bob Odenkirk deserves every bit of praise he gets. He IS Jimmy and I'm all in for season 2. Love this show.
  10. Feb 15, 2016
    Really Addicted, Funny caracter, Awesome episodes, I really love it. .. .
  11. Feb 15, 2016
    Addicted, it's funny and dark. Amazing cinematography with a look unlike any other show currently on TV. It's a wonderful series, and it only gets better!
  12. Feb 16, 2016
    The creators of this show have really done something quite difficult. They've created a spin-off show with a completely different tone from its origin (Breaking Bad)--but equal in its quality. It's also not necessary to have seen Breaking Bad to watch and enjoy it, although you'll miss out on a pretty fun Easter Egg hunt each week. One of the top 3 shows on TV right now, and the premiereThe creators of this show have really done something quite difficult. They've created a spin-off show with a completely different tone from its origin (Breaking Bad)--but equal in its quality. It's also not necessary to have seen Breaking Bad to watch and enjoy it, although you'll miss out on a pretty fun Easter Egg hunt each week. One of the top 3 shows on TV right now, and the premiere of the second season was a solid 10. Season 1 is on Netlix now. Go watch and enjoy. Expand
  13. Mar 9, 2016
    Amazingly subtle and suspenseful. Certain scenes are on their own worth an award. Such a nice change from the whodunnits. BCS is comical, intelligent, and very human.
  14. Mar 19, 2016
    It is a real work of beauty. Jimmy is such a human character much like Walt, but at the same time has his flaws: he's a bit of a loud-mouth, impulsive, and a scam artist. But I've never found a character I've ever identified with more.
    At the same time Mike drives the plot brilliantly and gives us all the 'oh my god' moments and even a few heartbreaking ones.
    Kim is probably the best
    Kim is probably the best written female character on tv at the moment, with such great acting and is so much more than just a love interest.
    And Chuck is both a petty bastard, but at the same time sympathetic at times- nothing is clear cut and no person is an all-out bad-guy, and that's one of the many reasons it feels so real.
  15. Apr 12, 2016
    Despite what some people would have you believe there is more great television available to viewers than there has ever been, providing you look in the right places of course. Some shows are however still able to stand out from the crowd and, in this second season, Better Call Saul is one such show.

The writing, direction and acting is superb and even characters that sometimes seemed like simply supporting cast in season 1, such as Chuck and Kim, became integral to the show as this season reached its climax. I didn't think Vince Gilligan would ever be able to create another show as good as Breaking Bad but he has well and truly proved me wrong.
  16. Apr 21, 2016
    Better Call Saul is not a series with major events or a complex story , but it's still a great series . As a fan of Breaking Bad have to admit that its derivative is very good at their work also is a very detailed and brilliant dialogues series, the second season took a photography class and character development , showing that no series only about Jimmy , but a greater thing of a larger plan .
  17. Apr 9, 2016
    Todo aquel que disfrutó con Saul en BB debería obligarse a ver esta serie. En su segunda temporada se presentan varias tramas interesantes y la vida de Jimmy se va haciendo mas interesante a medida que pasan los capítulos, igual que pasa con Mike.
  18. Mar 9, 2016
    While a little thin on action and the trademark Gilligan shock-and-awe moments from Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul delivers on drama. How do you deliver on drama with an action-less script about a morally questionable lawyer? Odenkirk and Banks. They absolutely carry every scene to the point where you don't want their respective scenes to end. When Odenkirk is off screen, there's Banks toWhile a little thin on action and the trademark Gilligan shock-and-awe moments from Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul delivers on drama. How do you deliver on drama with an action-less script about a morally questionable lawyer? Odenkirk and Banks. They absolutely carry every scene to the point where you don't want their respective scenes to end. When Odenkirk is off screen, there's Banks to tantalize you some more. It's like watching an acting competition with a great script and no clear winner. It may never achieve the heights of Breaking Bad, but I am now convinced Gilligan could create a spin-off about Walter White's eye doctor and make scintillating television. When will we see "Yeah B@*#h", The Jesse Pinkman spin-off? Better Call Saul is great television drama. Expand
  19. Apr 14, 2016
    Brilliant writing again by Vince Gilligan. A very interesting legal/illegal-conflict-ridden series in which every character is compelling and smart. Lies and resentment are building constantly between the characters. If I were a dictator I would force Vince Gilligan to write programming non-stop. It's a shame that this show can only run for ~5 seasons since then it will run into theBrilliant writing again by Vince Gilligan. A very interesting legal/illegal-conflict-ridden series in which every character is compelling and smart. Lies and resentment are building constantly between the characters. If I were a dictator I would force Vince Gilligan to write programming non-stop. It's a shame that this show can only run for ~5 seasons since then it will run into the time-period of Breaking Bad. The fact that this show is below Broad City in critic rating is a damn shame. It's truly saddening to see supposed professionals enjoy fart and booger jokes over conspiracy, high crime, and persistent danger. Expand
  20. Apr 16, 2016
    An improvement from last year. More Mike and less of Jimmy's brother. Unfortunately as a character Saul just can't hold the show by himself, so expanding Mike's role is a must and a plus. He allows the show to take us to the dark side that Breaking Bad was so good at doing. I know we are waiting for Odenkirk to shed his drab chameleon green and come out with the brighter colors, so we needAn improvement from last year. More Mike and less of Jimmy's brother. Unfortunately as a character Saul just can't hold the show by himself, so expanding Mike's role is a must and a plus. He allows the show to take us to the dark side that Breaking Bad was so good at doing. I know we are waiting for Odenkirk to shed his drab chameleon green and come out with the brighter colors, so we need that moment of pure metamorphosis. We also need more seeding of the bad characters from Breaking Bad. Open up the borders guys. Expand
  21. Apr 17, 2016
    Simply put, there ins't anything else like this on TV. In some ways it is even better than breaking bad and possibly will become as popular in the next seasons. It is smart, dark but also funny, the cinematography is just spectacular - Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould, two masters at the top of their game. Add to the equation spectacular cliffhangers and Gilliganesque unforeseeable twistsSimply put, there ins't anything else like this on TV. In some ways it is even better than breaking bad and possibly will become as popular in the next seasons. It is smart, dark but also funny, the cinematography is just spectacular - Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould, two masters at the top of their game. Add to the equation spectacular cliffhangers and Gilliganesque unforeseeable twists and you have a spectacular series in the golden age of drama. Unmissable. Expand
  22. Apr 19, 2016
    It's great, superb show, amazing characters, great story, it may advance slow but Ipersonally never want chapters to end, so well made, everything fits so well. And with great humour as well, well, it's our friend Saul. The relationship between Saul and his brother is simply superb. A must-watch series in my opinion.
  23. May 5, 2016
    Another solid season. The characters go in interesting directions (Chuck and Kim Wexler especially) and it's once again well written and very well produced throughout. However the pacing is excruciatingly slow at times. Let's just hope it picks it up in Season 3, which I can't wait for.
  24. May 8, 2016
    "Better call Saul" is the real deal. Some call it a slow show. I call it a show with a huge amount of passion. Every emotion Jim and Mike are living through you can really feel.
  25. Jun 27, 2016
    Better than the first season with some smart writing and a tighter script in addition to some very good performances by the cast.
    Though frustratingly slow,I'd say it's worth it!
  26. Jul 27, 2016
    Men the second half of this season made me rethink if my favorite series really is Breaking Bad...just joking haha but it is perfection, Vince Gilligan is an artist.
  27. Dec 14, 2016
    Very complex and likable characters. The writers details are brilliant. The acting is superior. I just love this show. This show is poetically genius.
  28. Jan 14, 2017
    Preserves the levels of witt and cynism of previous season, Bob Odenkirk brilliant as ever. The final chapter develops expectations for the third season. Fans of Breaking Bad will appreciate.
  29. Apr 5, 2017
    amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing
  30. Apr 6, 2017
    Although I would argue that season 2 isn't quite as good as season 1, it still holds up. The series looks fantastic and is very well written and made.
  31. Apr 11, 2017
    "I'm number one on your speed dial right next to your weed dealer."

"I'm number one on your speed dial right next to your weed dealer."

Better Call Saul season 2 follows the same flow as the first season. A dialogue heavy, character driven, and surprising witty for a crime show. For those who didn't like first season, because of it's paste and wasn't anything like "Breaking Bad", then this season isn't going to win you over. But for me and others who liked the first season, are obliviously gonna like this season. Which I did very much.

Bob Odenkirk is a terrific actor and in this season he's truly brilliant. You really do feel bad for him and want him to succeed. Everything around Saul is bringing him down, even if it's mostly his brother. And who doesn't love the scenes when Saul is trying to get out of sticky situation, as he makes up stories on the top of his head. It's entertaining stuff and Odenkirk is the stand out of this season.

Can I just say how much I hate Chuck McGill (Saul's brother). Like, what an arrogant and selfish person who's portrayed beautifully by Michael McKean. It's really difficult for any actor to pull a love or hate character. While some may argue that it can easily be pulled off by many great actors with great examples, but it's not that easy. What McKean managed to do with this character is a love & hate relationship with the audience. In the first season you feel sorry for him with the rare condition that stops him from going outside or anywhere near electric objects. But the more you know about him, the less sorry you feel for him. And it's all due to the writing and Michael McKean performance.

Jonathan Banks as Mike stole the show last season and he still makes a strong presence here. Just the character alone is really fascinating, by his intelligent and how he fully works. Banks reminds us why we loved Mike way back in "Breaking Bad".

As always, the writing in this show is top notch and grounded enough that anything can happen. The show itself plays with your patience, but will later reward the viewer if they chose to stick around. That's the unique thing about "Better Call Saul", it doesn't let the popularity of it's previous show affect it's pasting. And it's up to the viewer if he/she wants to stick around for what's to come or just leave.

Now the only issue I have with this season is mostly have to do with the endless cameos from characters in "Breaking Bad". I mean, it's great seeing them again, but at the same time, they kinda thrown in there to get mostly a reaction from viewers. The show itself is getting a bit too cocky with it's cameos and can't be it's own thing sometimes. But hey, Gus Fring is coming back next season, so there's that.

Overall rating: Season 2 is a slow burn to a thriller payoff. Everything from the brilliant acting, writing, and direction are everything that makes great TV. Even the camera angles are pretty interesting, because some of shots are mostly impossible to film, if it's big or small areas where it's filmed. Can't wait for season 3.
  32. Oct 2, 2018
    This is the season where it goes from good to great. The story lines pick up and the trademark BreakingBad/BetterCallSaul tone is always charming
  33. Oct 9, 2018
    Better Call Saul does a much better job than Breaking Bad ever did at showing the slow downfall of a charachter. The story here is told as a drama not a action oriented series, Breaking Bad fans have to know the pacing of this story isn't as near as equal so be advised, but the storytelling here is top notch.
  34. May 13, 2020
    This second season confirm standard of the first. Every character is explained in a complete way, such as example new entry respect to Breaking Bad Kim and Chuck. Passage from Jimmy to Saul needs a lot time. Great mention tu Jonathan Banks acting.

Universal acclaim - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Joshua Alston
    Feb 16, 2016
    Gilligan and Gould have been wise to set the show far apart from its ancestor, such that it becomes a draw for its clever writing, inventive direction, and nuanced performances rather than its proximity to another story set in the same universe.
  2. Reviewed by: Spencer Kornhaber
    Feb 16, 2016
    Better Call Saul season two is not yet as gripping as season one’s best episodes were. But there’s plenty of reasons to bet it soon could be.
  3. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Feb 16, 2016
    The first two episodes of Season 2 should feel then like an elaborate tease, as we see Jimmy slipping into his old rhythms even while reaching for what looks like a brighter future, one that may include Kim Wexler (Rhea Seehorn). That they don't is due to the show's respect for the present, the place that Jimmy lives right now, and where he still has hope and where anything might yet happen.