• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 7, 2019
7.2

1. Aug 15, 2019
    I enjoyed the original show, but this reboot feels nothing like it.

The writing is lazy, like final season of game of thrones lazy. The group dynamic feels forced. Gabrielle's lesbian feelings feels very forced and cringy. Sure, its easier to cover certain topics that were a no-go in the 90s, but was this really the best way to that? In the very very first episode just throw it out
    I enjoyed the original show, but this reboot feels nothing like it.

Gabrielle's lesbian feelings feels very forced and cringy. Sure, its easier to cover certain topics that were a no-go in the 90s, but was this really the best way to that? In the very very first episode just throw it out there?
    Obviously the show also suffers from a missing Luke Perry, one of the more charismatic actors of the original show.

After watching the second episode I started the wonder if I wouldn't be better of watching Sharknado again, which is not a good thing.
  2. Sep 5, 2019
    Not good enough to be praised (like Episodes), not bad enough to be entertaining (like the first seasons of 90210, the 2008 TV series). It's not even a guilty pleasure.
    The cast still has its chemistry, but everything else feels contrived and forced. There really is no point in watching this, sadly.
  3. Aug 8, 2019
    This show reminds us how badly the real thing has dated, especially it's stars. They all peaked professionally in their Beverly Hills days. Sadly even the bad make up can't hide that they need new faces(from Game of Thrones) to be attracted to a younger audience.
  4. Aug 8, 2019
    Excited about the reboot! The twist is nice! Refreshing! Different! The entire cast still looks amazing!
  5. Aug 13, 2019
    Woahh, I’m a teen and have never seen the original 90210 so I didn’t think I would be into BH90210. But it’s soo good! It’s so funny I love it. I don’t usually like reboots, but this one was fantastic. Beverly Hills 90210, you’ve officially gained a new fan!
  6. Sep 6, 2019
    Totally loving the new spin. The writing is great, the humor is on target, and the chemistry between the cast is still there. Definitely deserves a renewal.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Sep 3, 2019
    A surprising amount of fun. ... The result is just smart enough to feel clever, just silly enough to feel relaxing, a guilty pleasure by design.
  2. Reviewed by: Kristi Turnquist
    Aug 8, 2019
    The show isn’t great, exactly. But it’s also a bit smarter than we might have expected. In the early going at least, “BH90210” is campy, but self-aware.
  3. Reviewed by: Mekeisha Madden Toby
    Aug 7, 2019
    The end result is a mostly fun but sometimes uneven venture into territory in which not all of the surviving headliners are creatively comfortable. Making things more complicated, all of the stars are executive producers on the series so the breadth of relatable vulnerability is limited.