• Network: IFC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 5, 2017
Season #: 4, 3, 2, 1
5.3

1. May 16, 2020
    Instead of relying on the story and writing style present in season 1; season 4 is a hot steaming pile of woke garbage. It's embarrassing that the series has fallen so far from season 1. Instead of making a good show they insist upon making an SJW trash fest.
  2. May 2, 2020
    The show had two really good seasons 1 & 2. Three was ok, and 4 is well a 4 (out of 10). The daughter is a horribly uninteresting character. The series used to be sex, drugs, and baseball and it was fun. Now it is mainly about failing Major League Baseball, and it is major league boring.
  3. Apr 29, 2020
    So I have to be the guy to leave a review of the final (and best) season of the most underappreciated comedy of the decade (along with Jim Jefferies' Legit). You do not have to enjoy baseball to find this show hilarious. How many comedies have taken place in a surrounding you aren't fond of, unfamiliar with, will never be or would rather not remember. It helps if you're smart; better yetSo I have to be the guy to leave a review of the final (and best) season of the most underappreciated comedy of the decade (along with Jim Jefferies' Legit). You do not have to enjoy baseball to find this show hilarious. How many comedies have taken place in a surrounding you aren't fond of, unfamiliar with, will never be or would rather not remember. It helps if you're smart; better yet as long as you think you are smart. Amanda Peet is very funny and possibly the sexiest 48 year old woman on the planet. I have no clue why she hasn't had any major roles for seemingly two decades take advantage of her comedic/dramatic/foxhood triple play. Expand
  4. May 11, 2020
    I really enjoyed the first two seasons of this show. but starting with 3rd season where it seemed to have run out of story and direction and continuing with the 4th. This current season is terrible and clearly in the final throes of a a dying TV show. I was surprised how bad the first episode was but gave it a 2nd chance by revisiting it and bin watching the last 3 episodes. My firstI really enjoyed the first two seasons of this show. but starting with 3rd season where it seemed to have run out of story and direction and continuing with the 4th. This current season is terrible and clearly in the final throes of a a dying TV show. I was surprised how bad the first episode was but gave it a 2nd chance by revisiting it and bin watching the last 3 episodes. My first impression were right terrible. I'm glad its ending the sooner the better. I don't understand the high critic rating but in today's media everything is up for sale. waste of time Expand
  5. May 21, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While still a great season, the final season is by far the weakest and least funny. The ending was absolutely however just, eh. The show kind of went out with a bad taste in my mouth. It's worth your time for sure, but if you're looking for pure comedy gold, then just stick to the first three seasons. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Steve Greene
    Mar 18, 2020
    Season 4 finds the ideal line between evoking both the debauchery of his past and squaring one man’s outsized legend with his more understanding current form.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Mar 18, 2020
    The fourth season of Brockmire is actually a tremendous slice of speculative satire, a companion piece of sorts to Idiocracy in its commentary on the descent of human intellect, our inevitable surrender to encroaching technology and tangible consequences of our disrespect of the environment. There are parts of this season that feel like a real heir to Kurt Vonnegut in terms of the blend of rampant silliness and earnest concern.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Mar 18, 2020
    “Brockmire” is essentially sentimental — baseball stories nearly always are — and as it angles toward a happy ending, the machinery of the plot can get a little obvious, like an outside slider on a 1-2 count. You can also start to weary of Jules’s repeated and increasingly improbable willingness to forgive Brockmire for his outbursts and reversals. But you’ll probably stay for the dialogue, still an uncommon concoction of literate, clever and rancid.