• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 11, 2006
2.6

1. nickb
    Jul 5, 2006
    I am so VERY dissapointed.
  2. JeremyH
    Aug 7, 2006
    Before this show I couldn't stand Dane Cook. His form of comedy felt like a needy child desperately vying for attention, but after watching Tourgasm and seeing the human side to Dane Cook I couldn't be a bigger fan. This show has exposed me to one of the best modern comics to pick up a mic.
  3. EduardB
    Jan 15, 2007
    Dane Cook!!! You Rock i dont care what every one else say about you.... Very Funny!!! and best show i have ever seen....
  4. BrettK
    Oct 9, 2006
    People who enjoyed watching this probably also like watching the tv when it's off - brutal is a serious understatemant
  5. JohnnyG
    Jun 20, 2006
    This is shockingly unfunny. You get glimpses of humor in some of Cook's bits, but the bus and the locally flavored activites are BOR-ING!
  6. KevinG
    Jul 10, 2006
    Wound up being one half hour of watching grown men whine, cry and (worst of all) try to be funny. Cook fans should avoid.
  7. BrianD
    May 7, 2007
    Simply put: A train wreck. Avoid this wasted opportunity at all costs.
    Oct 4, 2006
    I hate to just repeat the other reviewers, but it is a lot of bad commedians doing bad comedy. The really interesting premise of seeing behind the scenes of a comedy show is ruined by doing it about people who haven't reached the level of putting on a decent show onstage, much less be able to put on an entertaining show offstage. Dane Cook is a terrible comedian. Period. Being in the I hate to just repeat the other reviewers, but it is a lot of bad commedians doing bad comedy. The really interesting premise of seeing behind the scenes of a comedy show is ruined by doing it about people who haven't reached the level of putting on a decent show onstage, much less be able to put on an entertaining show offstage. Dane Cook is a terrible comedian. Period. Being in the business I have heard more horror stories about working with him than all the other comedians combined. He can be a cool guy, but he can't put on a consistently good show, his jokes are tired and hackneyed and he is a terrible man to work with. Expand
  9. TimB
    Jun 14, 2006
    You would think that with such an incredible comedian the show would be roll on the floor funny, however, the show is far too short and is very uneventful so far.
  10. KevinB
    Jun 18, 2006
    Calling Dane Cook a "comedian" is like calling tofu a "meat". You have to actually tell jokes to be a comedian. Cook is nothing more than an observational stand-up, but instead of commenting cleverly on his observations, like Ray Romano or the bearable half of the Blue Collar group, he just re-enacts the observations like a coked-up squirrel. And then adding a Last Comic Standing loser Calling Dane Cook a "comedian" is like calling tofu a "meat". You have to actually tell jokes to be a comedian. Cook is nothing more than an observational stand-up, but instead of commenting cleverly on his observations, like Ray Romano or the bearable half of the Blue Collar group, he just re-enacts the observations like a coked-up squirrel. And then adding a Last Comic Standing loser and two total nobodies? Absolute torture!!! Expand
  11. S.L.O'Robot
    Jun 19, 2006
    Utter twaddle. You know what would be funny? Watching Dane Cook fall down a flight of stairs and into a pit of hungry wolverines. Mr. Cook should take the time to enjoy the ride for the moment, because he's destined to spend the rest of his career playing Cap'n McChuckles in Davenport, Iowa and the like. I want him off my television now.
  12. AngieJ
    Jul 2, 2006
    I love Dane Cook, however Tourgasm is not what I thought it would be. Too much behind the scenes and not enough comedy. I know he is trying to get these other guys a chance to show their comedy acts but the show is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. JohnJ
    Jul 4, 2006
    Dane you silly b****! This isn't good TV atl all. It's not up to your noraml rambunctiousness. it's like 'Hang out with me and my friends " and apparently hanging out with you and your transparently desperate friends is not as interesting as seeing you onstage. Just do your act and we'll be back. Otherwise, you will lose part of your audience.
  14. MarcD.
    Jul 7, 2006
    I like it. It's sort of a tamer version of the Brilliant "Team Sanchez" on MTV2. When he took the crap in the bucket and showed it to his buddies - who in turned started to vomit -- yeah.... that's my kind of humor.
  15. bobbyT
    Aug 7, 2006
    Dane Cook humiliates himself, he comes off a a real-life David Brent. Not interesting, funny or entertaining. An embarrassment.
  16. Joej
    Apr 30, 2007
    Dane Cook . . . funny? Not!!! What a bunch of manufactured bullshit.
  17. RexF
    Jul 25, 2007
    Dane Cook and the word "comedian" should never be used together.
  18. C.B.
    Jun 12, 2006
    Very disappointing after one episode. I'll give it one more week. I'm a fan of Cook, but this is plain boring.
  19. Diane
    Jun 12, 2006
    These reviews are not justifiable at all. Dane Cook is one of the funniest comedians out there. His show gives an inside look at the crazy antics of life on the road for four comedians.
  20. Cables
    Jun 13, 2006
    Dane cook is pretty funny. This show, however, is not.
  21. MattD
    Jun 13, 2006
    Dane Cook - is a very underrated comedian. If you are a fan of this crazy bastard, come watch the show. It'll be very enjoyable for hardcore Cook fans.
  22. PB
    Jun 16, 2006
    Dane Cook is imminently watchable - this show is not. I'll give it one more try before permanently changing the channel.
  23. RandyH
    Jun 19, 2006
    The dude who cried like a bitch the first episode should be forever banished from all comedy and the show itself is the height of lame-osity. Lame-ity lame lame.
  24. davisB
    Jun 21, 2006
    What a freaking bore. Tourgasm? It's as lame as the name.
  25. BrittanyR
    Jun 25, 2006
    The show its self is pretty lame, The show would be a 10 if they would show the comedy show, rather than showing their trip, i dont care what happens behind the scenes, i want to see his comedy!
  26. NateS.
    Jun 26, 2006
    Two words, total crap. Sorry Dane not funny.
  27. JerryC
    Jun 29, 2006
    In every episode Dane says the show is about comedy, except there is no comedy. I've spent a long time on the road and these guys are a bunch of big time road pansies! To HBO: Be ashamed. Be very ashamed.
  28. LarryW
    Jul 1, 2006
    Easily the worst series that HBO has ever aired. The first I ever heard of Dane Cook was when he appeared on Conan O'Brien to plug this show. He appeared very confident, but wasn't the least bit funny. I've now watched two episodes of Tourgasm and have concluded that he's just not funny. And unfortunately for the show, his friends aren't funny either. Watching all Easily the worst series that HBO has ever aired. The first I ever heard of Dane Cook was when he appeared on Conan O'Brien to plug this show. He appeared very confident, but wasn't the least bit funny. I've now watched two episodes of Tourgasm and have concluded that he's just not funny. And unfortunately for the show, his friends aren't funny either. Watching all of them together is like watching Waiting For Guffman where the people being filmed sincerely believe they are talented and act 'off camera' like they're talented. The movie shows -- in a reality TV sorta way -- that they're not the talented, artistic people they and the community believe they are. In Tourgasm, the 4 comedians are real comedians trying to be funny. Since they are really trying to be funny but are not, the show is awful. While Cook is probably the funniest and most confident of the bunch, he still comes accross as a rookie on a losing minor league baseball team. Expand
  29. emily
    Jul 18, 2006
    to diane: this show is purely about four men sleeping and throwing some tantrums. that's acting like a two-year old, not crazy antics.
  30. LewisD.
    Aug 14, 2006
    I agree. Dane Cook may be funny, but this show is not. It was all but interesting. To see four grown men crying and throwing tantrums at each other takes away from the possibility of an intriguing behind-the-scenes look at what makes a stand-up comedy show funny. Instead, it does seem to be an inane dull about a few dudes bickering. If you want to see energy, see the Dane Cook special, I agree. Dane Cook may be funny, but this show is not. It was all but interesting. To see four grown men crying and throwing tantrums at each other takes away from the possibility of an intriguing behind-the-scenes look at what makes a stand-up comedy show funny. Instead, it does seem to be an inane dull about a few dudes bickering. If you want to see energy, see the Dane Cook special, not this. Otherwise....it's probably not worth viewing than to maybe a few diehard Dane Cook fans. And even then I would be leery. Expand
  31. NickE
    Aug 20, 2006
    Im a huge dane cook fan, or was, i actually met dane while performing at carolines in nyc, great cool dude. The show though is just about unwatchable. Really boring, not even close to enough comedy, and im sorry i cant stand goldman, kelly or davis, there is a reason there not house hold names, they dont have the "it" and i mean humor. Danes got the skills but totally blew a really great Im a huge dane cook fan, or was, i actually met dane while performing at carolines in nyc, great cool dude. The show though is just about unwatchable. Really boring, not even close to enough comedy, and im sorry i cant stand goldman, kelly or davis, there is a reason there not house hold names, they dont have the "it" and i mean humor. Danes got the skills but totally blew a really great chance to take that next step. Your not missing anything by missing this show. Expand
  32. RickyV
    Aug 7, 2006
    If you appriciate Dane Cook at all... you'll love this documentary. I wana kick all these other kids in the face for their bad reviews. I really enjoyed the season and I looked forward to the new episode each week!!
  33. RaisaJ
    Mar 7, 2007
    I couldn't believe Dane Cook was a real comedian. I thought this was some sort of made up gag with a guy pretending to be a celebrity. This was awful and it is just not funny. ugh! I still shudder thinking about the few minutes I stared at the screen in disbelief while this mess was on . A real train wreck.
  34. PeteG
    Jun 16, 2007
    What exec's couch and how many gross sexual favors has Dane Cook had to do to keep his 'career' goiong? He is an absolute disgrace to real comedians anywhere.
  35. AaronY
    Jul 27, 2007
    An abomination against comedy, truly awful.
  36. JamesP
    Jun 14, 2006
    I lost interest 10 minutes into it. Who are those other comedians anyway? I am a Dane Cook fan, and it seems like the show would have been better without those other dudes. Production seems to be sub par and the sound mix is hard to take at times.
  37. BillC
    Jun 16, 2006
    Wow, what a dissapointment. Dane Cook is a great standup act, but him babysitting 3 grown men in a tour bus is just lame. I might give it one more episode, it cant get much worse!
  38. WilliamD
    Jun 21, 2006
    Dane is showing his best work i cant wait to see more episodes.
  39. DentonM
    Jul 15, 2006
    The show is terrible. Dane needed to bring some vibrant, rat pack type energy comics with him on the road. The Ska Brothers come to mind. Someone who would at least bring some life off of the stage. Watching the other 3 comics he brings along mug for camera time without bringing the funny is anything but.
  40. DonG
    Jan 22, 2007
    I'am a big Dane Cook fan. He actually is my favorite stand up comeadian. However, I just paid $25.00 for this dvd & I feel like I got ripped off. This is now officially the worst dvd I own. I had alot of respect for Dane, but I think I lost alot after watching this peace of crap. If you are a big Dane cook fan like me, please don't buy or watch this dvd. You'll regret it. I'am a big Dane Cook fan. He actually is my favorite stand up comeadian. However, I just paid $25.00 for this dvd & I feel like I got ripped off. This is now officially the worst dvd I own. I had alot of respect for Dane, but I think I lost alot after watching this peace of crap. If you are a big Dane cook fan like me, please don't buy or watch this dvd. You'll regret it. Very very little humor. And I thought that jay davis was a little bitch, kelly was slightly funny but not enough to make me laugh, Goldman was just not funny, and sad to say but Dane could of done better. Unfortunately, is going to hurt Dane's career and haunt him for a very long time. Expand
  41. Read0
    Jul 25, 2007
    Sad Sad Sad
  42. SF.
    Dec 19, 2008
    Dane Cook is in insult to comedians worldwide. His only skill is whoring himself to a huge myspace fanbase of middle school girls who don't know the first thing about comedy, or anything else.
  43. Dec 24, 2011
    I must say that although this show is not fun to watch, it's not Dane Cook's fault. The concept is great and was probably great to Dane's ears when he set this up with HBO. A month of touring with comedian friends should've been cracking wise, getting drunk, meeting people, everything you would expect rolling around the country with comedians would be. However, it's quite dramatic as itI must say that although this show is not fun to watch, it's not Dane Cook's fault. The concept is great and was probably great to Dane's ears when he set this up with HBO. A month of touring with comedian friends should've been cracking wise, getting drunk, meeting people, everything you would expect rolling around the country with comedians would be. However, it's quite dramatic as it turns out: they argue with themselves, question their material, and are generally uncomfortable. It's a shame because it could've been a great opportunity but was squandered by these men for various reasons. I will give them this though, it's a dose of reality for upstart comedians or performers of any type. For those who like the uncomfortable scenario type comedy of Louis C.K. I gotta hand it to Cook. He did this one first. Expand

1. Boston Globe
    Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Too much like a dull season of MTV's "Road Rules," without the women.
    The show's weakness is that not a lot of interesting or funny stuff happens on the bus or in their touring cities.
  3. It's a rip-off of an earlier (and better) road trip series, Comedy Central's "The Comedians of Comedy," but worthwhile nonetheless.