• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 1, 2017
Season #: 3, 2, 1
8.9

1. Jul 21, 2020
    I liked seasons 1-2. This is just reusing old tape and rehashing the same stuff over and over. Very boring and most of it did not matter for the plot. In other words: TERRIBLE!
  2. Jul 15, 2020
    Finally sat down and watched Dark seasons 1 through 3, first season was like homework, it's way too slow burn almost had me shut it off, the universe building took so long and there were so many pieces I almost didn't stick around, Season 2 was markedly better with faster action and reveals, Season 3, in this one mans opinion, was a mess, throwing everything and anything against the wallFinally sat down and watched Dark seasons 1 through 3, first season was like homework, it's way too slow burn almost had me shut it off, the universe building took so long and there were so many pieces I almost didn't stick around, Season 2 was markedly better with faster action and reveals, Season 3, in this one mans opinion, was a mess, throwing everything and anything against the wall that would stick, and I lost interest at Episode 2 but hate watched the rest just to see how it'd end Expand
  3. Jul 16, 2020
    Didn't expect this promising show to turn into a boyscout-esque, poorly made, typical bad-german series. Oh my god, that was chewy. It's unthrilling because nothing matters anyways. Who's the father or mother of whom, who did this and that, this all becomes completely meaningless because we already know: Things can't really change and what these people do doesn't impact the final outcome.Didn't expect this promising show to turn into a boyscout-esque, poorly made, typical bad-german series. Oh my god, that was chewy. It's unthrilling because nothing matters anyways. Who's the father or mother of whom, who did this and that, this all becomes completely meaningless because we already know: Things can't really change and what these people do doesn't impact the final outcome. Spoiler alert: In the end it somehow does. But not in a way that makes us go: Oh my god! Like the Hodor Moment in Game of Thrones - it doesn't make us even go "Ahh!", - it's more like: "Well, I guess, whatever". The slow pace of the series doesn't pick up and what created tension before becomes boring now. We don't find things out in a thrilling fashion. No, characters just slowly tell all the exposition to one another. The last episode was especially hilariously bad. I don't even know. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Michael Frank
    Jul 6, 2020
    The season-three set pieces are gorgeous, as the German show remains fantastic on a technical level. The camerawork goes from feeling hectic and nervy to slow, steady, and measured several times throughout each episode. It’s disorienting, just like the layered narrative it’s depicting. Hoffman’s performance continues to be top-tier, especially from a young actor. ... One of the most mind-melting shows on television, and possibly the most unique Netflix original, “Dark” finishes its run with peak writing, shocking conclusions, and a bittersweet sense of finality.
  2. Reviewed by: Jack Seale
    Jun 29, 2020
    Dark is distilled to its essence, which is a mix of epic philosophical arguments and sad vignettes about loss and betrayal, all wrapped up in anything-goes sci-fi and gorgeous production design that delivers ice-cool ideas and imagery.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Greene
    Jun 29, 2020
    Even with all that uncertainty, “Dark” has maintained that highwire act for three of the most thrilling sci-fi TV seasons ever made. To see it make it across the chasm with its ambitions and technique intact is certainly something worth remembering.