• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 1, 2017
Season #: 3, 2, 1
8.9

1. Jul 28, 2020
    Season 1 and 2 of Dark are consistent in style, tone, character development, dialog and plot. In Season 3 the quality simply vanishes. The style goes from truly dark and mysterious (the creepy room where they do experiments with the kids, Noah's priest outfit etc) to absolutely stupid (Martha's crazy hair and matrix overcoat). The tone goes from dark realism to over the top pseudo sci-fi.Season 1 and 2 of Dark are consistent in style, tone, character development, dialog and plot. In Season 3 the quality simply vanishes. The style goes from truly dark and mysterious (the creepy room where they do experiments with the kids, Noah's priest outfit etc) to absolutely stupid (Martha's crazy hair and matrix overcoat). The tone goes from dark realism to over the top pseudo sci-fi. Character development is clearly not the focus, which would be more understandable if the plot was going somewhere. The dialog becomes just stupid. I don't know how many times I heard "everything is happening as it always did". And the biggest disappointment is that the genius time travel plot becomes the most nonsensical, stupid and virtually useless garbage.
    That said, the ending is pretty redeeming, specially the episode 7 which is a true masterpiece. Tne last two episodes are so good that they elevate this dull season to a mediocre place. I do not understand the universal acclaim that this season gathered, but I agree that we have a satisfying ending to the show
  2. Aug 11, 2020
    Way, way, waaaaaaaaay too many characters to keep track of. And top that off with the fact that you also have to remember them at their different ages, dimensions and timelines. I lost interest completely at episode 4. I had no idea what was going on anymore. To me it had turned into a lot of nonsense about beginnings and endings and knots that need to be stopped before they form. ButWay, way, waaaaaaaaay too many characters to keep track of. And top that off with the fact that you also have to remember them at their different ages, dimensions and timelines. I lost interest completely at episode 4. I had no idea what was going on anymore. To me it had turned into a lot of nonsense about beginnings and endings and knots that need to be stopped before they form. But nothing seems to matter anyway. Everyone is lying, everyone good turns bad and vice versa.

I give up! Piling new characters on top of an already immensely complicated plot does not, for me, make for a good show. Season 1 was a bit slow, but interesting. 2 hooked me. 3 lost me. So yeah, I guess I'm in the dark.
  3. Jul 23, 2020
    It should end in the first season, then the shots and colors, yellow accents were also taken care of. Season three is incredibly tangled
  4. Jan 14, 2021
    Disappointing end to a good show.
    This series seems to collapse in on it's self under it's own weight of expectation and trying to maintain the mind bending madness of the previous 2 seasons.

Universal acclaim - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Michael Frank
    Jul 6, 2020
    The season-three set pieces are gorgeous, as the German show remains fantastic on a technical level. The camerawork goes from feeling hectic and nervy to slow, steady, and measured several times throughout each episode. It’s disorienting, just like the layered narrative it’s depicting. Hoffman’s performance continues to be top-tier, especially from a young actor. ... One of the most mind-melting shows on television, and possibly the most unique Netflix original, “Dark” finishes its run with peak writing, shocking conclusions, and a bittersweet sense of finality.
  2. Reviewed by: Jack Seale
    Jun 29, 2020
    Dark is distilled to its essence, which is a mix of epic philosophical arguments and sad vignettes about loss and betrayal, all wrapped up in anything-goes sci-fi and gorgeous production design that delivers ice-cool ideas and imagery.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Greene
    Jun 29, 2020
    Even with all that uncertainty, “Dark” has maintained that highwire act for three of the most thrilling sci-fi TV seasons ever made. To see it make it across the chasm with its ambitions and technique intact is certainly something worth remembering.