• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 1, 2017
Season #: 3, 2, 1
8.9

1. Jun 29, 2020
    It's completely incredible how the show keep you very anticipated for what may come next and the end is a masterpiece
  2. Jun 27, 2020
    Freaking amazing.
    With a lot of new lines of narrative, Odar and Friese managed to keep ir logic and emotional.
    Lisa Vicari got the chance to lead and she did it perfectly. Turned out to be an amazing actress. Louis Hofmann grew a lot as an actor and had the most convincing performance of his role as Jonas. The built up between episode 1 and 5 is very similar to the first season in what
    Freaking amazing.

The built up between episode 1 and 5 is very similar to the first season in what comes to surprises (and its demanding due to the new set up), but that is a lot of intrigue still.
    In what comes to powerful moments, the ending scene from episode 6, mixed up with Pioneers (M83 Remix) from Bloc Party achieves one of the greatest moments from the show, sublime.

Episode 7 is a well made timeline delight, with an unknown story and a lot of new plots.
    The last episode “The Paradise”, manages to close the cycle in a powerful and very emotional way, giving a sense of an ending to every character arcs without any plot hole.

Easily a 10/10.
  3. Jul 8, 2020
    I love this series, and this final season is amazing. The conclusion is very satisfying.
  4. Jul 7, 2020
    One of the best serie I've ever watched. The plot, the actors, the atmosphere: everything is high caliber here.

What a ride!!! Worth watching again, and again...
  5. Jun 28, 2020
    Absolutely Amazing
    unpredictable, beyond everything
    the best finale season ever all the time
  6. Jul 6, 2020
    Ciencia Ficción pura y dura, metafísica y existencialismo. Todos los elementos que importan en el mundo para llenarse de preguntas que enriquezcan el pensamiento lúdico están aquí, presentados de una forma extraordinaria y escritos con una prolijidad inusitada. Este tipo de historias suelen estar llenas de agujeros de guión, pero en Dark todo tiene un propósito y la serie se esfuerzaCiencia Ficción pura y dura, metafísica y existencialismo. Todos los elementos que importan en el mundo para llenarse de preguntas que enriquezcan el pensamiento lúdico están aquí, presentados de una forma extraordinaria y escritos con una prolijidad inusitada. Este tipo de historias suelen estar llenas de agujeros de guión, pero en Dark todo tiene un propósito y la serie se esfuerza exitosamente por establecer justificaciones solidas. En pocas palabras, una de las series mejor escritas de los últimos años y sin duda una de las 10 mejores series de Netflix. Para quien les escribe, la número 1. Expand
  7. Jul 4, 2020
    Out of nowhere this show became one of the best shows of the decade and probably in history.
    They really closed the loop and personally all three seasons were an incredible journey.
  8. Jun 28, 2020
    Así se termina una serie compleja , casi perfecta son muy pequeños errores que sería injusto ver esos pequeños puntos negros en una gran sábana blanca !!!
  9. Jun 28, 2020
    Dark é de longe a série mais planejada da atualidade, tendo o final mais redondo e fechado possível. Não existe um final (apesar de existir), servindo como um gatilho pra infinitas reflexões. É simplesmente fantástica, insana, filosófica, inteligente, excitante, cativante...INSANA
  10. Jun 27, 2020
    With all the theories that were put forth before the release,dark seemingly had a tough task to please everyone. However, it went on to deliver and cover more ground than one had expected it to in its embroiled up plot.
    A few things,still, were not given enough space to breathe, and it would be fair to say they weren't that important to the plot as well. So ,overall,a nice go home season that brought a satisfying end.
  11. Jul 9, 2020
    Amazing show. And magnific ending. One of the best shows alongside Twin Peaks, Mr.Robot, Breaking Bad and others.
  12. Jun 27, 2020
    Perfect series and darkness story and the best news in age of covid 19.............
  13. Jun 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nunca habia visto una serie tan bien construida, sigue al pie de la letra su filosofia del eterno retorno y toca temas cpmo la fisica cuántica y paradojas metafísicas como la paradoja de schrödinger, todo esto de manera compleja y combinada con ciencia ficción que hace que el televidente desee seguir viéndola, no doy 10 ya que hubo un cabo suelto, ¿de donde salió el artefacto para viajar entre mundos? Creo que fue el único vacío en la trama, lo cual es perdonable teniendo en cuenta todos los cabos por atar, gran serie sin duda, Expand
  14. Jun 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the greatest series of this time.
    Great casting, the CGI is on point, amazing photograph and sounds. Excellent work.
    Regarding the writing of this third season, I believe they did an amazing job. However, there were several weak spots on the plot.
    Last season left us with the feeling that Magnus, Bartosz and the rest of the gang would plat a big role in the following events. However, Sic Mundus left us with a bitersweet taste: Nor Magnus or Franziska had any significant roles in this season except for a couple of takes. Bartosz had a little more of importance both in the past and in the "other" future, but still makes us feel that this "Sic Mundus" organization, with this pictures and clues that made us believe that it was a huge organization, ended up being just Adan giving orders to his mindless marionettes.

In the other world, they didn't explain very well how this rival Light organization worked, how did they start it, or how did they manage to build their underground portal (was it Noah?).

Also, they didn't really explain how did Claudia got to know about this "og" world, how were the worlds connected (did she manage to get to this reality anytime before she spoke to Adan or was she just speculating?)

Overall, somethings felt kind of rushed and put just to "cover the wholes", which happens to be really different to the previous seasons, all delicately planned and thorough.

But still, it managed to give us a good experience and a good ending to a spectacular and original story.
  15. Jun 28, 2020
    Dark is nothing less than a modern masterpiece. Not only is this the revival of the Noir genre mixed with sci-fi elements, but also a new standard for modern tv shows to come. From the amazing cinematography to the outstanding direction and writing from Baran Bo Odar, Dark excels every aspect of what I love about cinema.
  16. Jun 29, 2020
    By far the best series I have ever seen. By FAR. After season 8 of games of thrones and star wars episode 9, I had lost fate in great series and movies to be able to end on a great note. This series not only surpass my expectations but took it to a other level for what we has a viewer can and should expect from storytelling, characters build ups and just the beauty of cinematography andBy far the best series I have ever seen. By FAR. After season 8 of games of thrones and star wars episode 9, I had lost fate in great series and movies to be able to end on a great note. This series not only surpass my expectations but took it to a other level for what we has a viewer can and should expect from storytelling, characters build ups and just the beauty of cinematography and filming in general. The ending his just perfect on the same standard and even more than breaking bad season 5 ending. I don't think I will ever see a series like this again but this is also the beauty of it because the beginning his the end and the end his the beginning. Expand
  17. Jun 27, 2020
    Thank you Netflix!
    Thank you Baran bo Odar and Jantje Friese.
    THIS IS how Sci-Fi should be!

My head is exploding. But I am thankful for the great finale!
    What an amazing show / cast / story / music / visuals / everything!

Please. Let those 2 do more shows! PLEASE!
  18. Jun 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No me esperaba eso, quería que fueran felices. Tantas perdidas ugggjhh me encantó no tengo palabras Expand
  19. Jul 7, 2020
    Incrível, uma temporada que cumpre a proposta da obra e que consegue ser melhor a cada episodio. Um desfecho com gosto de quero mais. A temporada que faz jus ao "o começo é o fim e o fim é o começo".
  20. Jul 3, 2020
    Definitely, another one in the netflix must-watch category.
    Definitely, another one in the netflix must-watch category.
    The season starts strong, being fast paced but at the same time, as it introduces many information it doesn't feel rushed and it's actually easier than the two past seasons to understand, however, the new elements introduced lack of developing and feel like a bland and empty way to move the plot. The production and camera symbolism is amazing and enjoyable. Sadly, again, the series sacrifices character development to continue the deep storytelling; We get nice and great acting but sometimes our protagonists feel way too empty and the ending tho, is pretty rushed and lacks of the logic that had been previously established by the series, it doesn't seem satisfactory but at the same time concludes the story naturally, showing that this show is a masterpiece in terms of story planning, besides some little things, the scrit is a masterpiece and the story feels like it was made with love and dedication.
  21. Jun 28, 2020
    Spoiler Free

It had it minimal flaws, but for a season that closes so many archs and in such an amazing way, while keeping the narrative coherent and delivering a great and realistic ending with the tone of the series, this is really a god damn masterpiece of a final season. The only downside i could say is that some of the new alt world characters and specially the lip scar guy don't
    Spoiler Free

keeping the narrative coherent and delivering a great and realistic ending with the tone of the series, this is really a god damn masterpiece of a final season. The only downside i could say is that some of the new alt world characters and specially the lip scar guy don't have enough time to develop, but their intentions, story and reason to do what they do, is fully covered perfectly, really happy to be alive to watch one of the best seasons of this generation :,)
  22. Jun 29, 2020
    Finally all stories has their explanation and the end(?) . Last two series it’s masterpiece . Will be sad to say goodbye to this tv show , but I am happy that every begging has their end .
  23. Jul 3, 2020
    The best Sci-fi Netflix show and one of the best shows ever! This show is much better tha stranger things, the comparison have no sense
  24. Jul 8, 2020
    a great and emotional journey, for a well-developed and intriguing tv show. It's a must-watch! I will miss it
  25. Jul 18, 2020
    It's a 10. Breaking Bad tier show for me. The show got crazier from S1 to series end, but that's perfectly in line with the series itself. The pieces fit, and Dark sticks it's landing.
  26. Jul 28, 2020
    I had seen this show pop up in my list from time to time the past couple of years, and when I was between shows a month ago I looked at it a little more closely and decided to give it a try. Viewing it in the native German with English subtitles (which I strongly recommend), I was captivated by a story that lifted this show up into the stratosphere of Breaking Bad, The Americans, TheI had seen this show pop up in my list from time to time the past couple of years, and when I was between shows a month ago I looked at it a little more closely and decided to give it a try. Viewing it in the native German with English subtitles (which I strongly recommend), I was captivated by a story that lifted this show up into the stratosphere of Breaking Bad, The Americans, The Expanse, and only a handful of other series I have ever watched. Dark expertly examines not simply time travel but the whole nature of spacetime and quantum mechanics that I have read about in books. Does free will exist, or is it just a myth as we plod along the same path to our ultimate fate no matter what we try and do to change it? This is the question Dark explores. It then weaves these theories into the lives of four families across multiple generations and even alternate realities, and just when you think this show has bit off more than it can chew and is heading down the road traveled by "Lost", it perfectly connects all the dots and explains all. But even that alone isn't what propels Dark into "Greatest Ever" territory, it is the unbelievable heart it displays as it explores all of these characters through different points in their lives, understanding their strengths and weaknesses, their flaws and imperfections, their motivations and desires. You care about these people and what happens to them. You root not only for their happiness, but their very existence. I don't give 10/10 lightly, but Dark is just that, certainly one of the greatest series I have ever watched, and possibly the best. Expand
  27. Sep 12, 2020
    Dark is easily the best time travel TV series I've seen to date. The combination of the German language and location, hypnotic score and cinematography , excellent existential acting by unknown faces, and the gradual unfolding of an uber complicated story made for a great third series. A lot went over my head but such is life with time travel narratives. A bit too somber for some maybe butDark is easily the best time travel TV series I've seen to date. The combination of the German language and location, hypnotic score and cinematography , excellent existential acting by unknown faces, and the gradual unfolding of an uber complicated story made for a great third series. A lot went over my head but such is life with time travel narratives. A bit too somber for some maybe but well worth it. Many series(e.g. Game of Thrones) don't know how to finish. Not Dark. The final episode is outstanding. Expand
  28. Jun 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A série cumpre o que se propõe a fazer desde o início, no fim o Adam consegue fazer ciclos suficientea acontecerem para que seu nó seja quebrado, a expectativa de um final que todos esperavam que todos os esforços de todos fossem cpnvergir novamente num looping foi quebrada, e um emocionante final em que a história é finalizada com grande êxito de roteiro onde Adam novamente cono antagonista no início, no final teorizou corretamente que o paraíso era o escuro, o nada para os mundos de Adão e Eva. Expand
  29. Jun 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very good end and story ! It was very moving to see the two Martha and the two Jonahs disappear from the two eras Expand
  30. Aug 3, 2020
    A superb finale to my favorite TV Series of all time. Beautifully twisted and complicated - well worth the watch!
  31. Jul 18, 2020
    Dark is one of the best TV shows in which all seasons do not sink through the dynamics and the peak takes place in the last season. The plot is perfectly built in Dark, there are no failures in dynamics or storytelling, there are no plot (which is almost unrealistic in science fiction about time travel) holes and the main thing is a great unique atmosphere. Each season is unique andDark is one of the best TV shows in which all seasons do not sink through the dynamics and the peak takes place in the last season. The plot is perfectly built in Dark, there are no failures in dynamics or storytelling, there are no plot (which is almost unrealistic in science fiction about time travel) holes and the main thing is a great unique atmosphere. Each season is unique and beautiful. And most importantly, Dark is a logically finished work. One of the few Netflix projects that is not inferior to the best HBO products. Expand
  32. Aug 22, 2020
    Dark is the best ever TV series for me.I highly doubt that I will watch a better series than this.'The characters dialogues screenplay direction locations visual effects' - everything was outstanding.I will specifically remember background music it was just awesome.If you have not watched Dark by now please do so you will definitely love this one.
  33. Jul 17, 2020
    Fino a qualche settimana fa non avevo idea di cosa fosse Dark. Dopo aver visto una promettente prima stagione mi sono ritrovato fra le mani una serie TV eccezionale, la migliore prodotto e presente su Netflix. In 3 stagione è riuscita a presentare diverse narrazioni che si intrecciano tra di loro e concluderle tutte. Fantastica.
  34. Nov 15, 2020
    After seasons 1 & 2, I was sure this was a new favourite for me, but after season 3, something just felt off. I have no idea what it is, but this season just didn't have as big an impact on me as the other seasons. A great season, but the weakest in my opinion.
  35. Jul 27, 2020
    The perfect conclusion to one of the best shows I've ever watched. The whole show ties up in this season. Every character is explored, every part of the plot is explained. Truly a masterpiece.
  36. Jul 25, 2020
    Лучший сериал,спасибо Netflix.Ожидал более положительную концовку,но и так нормально. 10 депрессий из 10.
  37. Jul 30, 2020
    TL;DR - Delving too deep into any plot points would either confuse or spoil so I am going to do neither. But I implore any cerebral sci fi lover to watch the series at least once if you have not because of how good the storytelling is.

It is downright confusing, slow burning and tricky for the most part but is transformed into an amazing piece of story telling through excellent character writing, perfect casting and believable performances. There is never a time when a character decision or character action would be doubted or confusing to you no matter how negative or positive.
    All of which add up to a thoroughly satisfying and complete watch.

It is surprising how this was touted as another 'Stranger Things' type show when it first released, yet 3 seasons later in comparison to 'ST/S03' Dark delivers so much more along with being a completed story instead of dragging on until the story and characters go into trash territory.
  38. Jul 8, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was another great season of Dark and it firmly cements it as one of the best shows ever. The plot is so tightly constructed and it may now be my favourite time travel media ever (books, TV and movies). The acting is phenomenal and this is not mean feat considering that many of the characters need to look like each other. The editing and cinematography continues to be fantastic, and I especially love how the editing is used to keep both worlds and timelines clear as this could have easily been super confusing.

This season scores slightly lower than its previous two (both 10s) as I have two minor gripes. Firstly, I really started to get sick of the montages to music at the end - I realise it may be a stylistic choice but I felt like it became a crutch to demonstrate certain events. Secondly, whilst the ending is very good with no obvious plot holes (something which is extremely tricky in a show like this) it did feel kind of like a Deus Ex Machina as, prior to this season, there was literally no way to know that Tannhaus created the world - I assume this was planned from the beginning due to the triquetra but, if it was, there was very little obvious foreshadowing to this. The fact that this is even a gripe though demonstrates just how good this show was at foreshadowing prior to this plot point.

Overall, Dark is a fantastic show and it is destined to become a cult classic - deservably so imo.
  39. Jul 9, 2020
    Everything about this show is SO well throughtout, i just can't think of a better show. Perfection.
  40. Aug 26, 2020
    Dark is one of the best series i've ever watched. The story is so unbelievible komplex and you always want to know what comes next. Dark treats the topic "Time Traveling" better and more "realistically" then every other series or movie. If you watched the first 3-4 episodes, then you know if you want to continue. If someone says, this series ist bad, its just not his genre or he just dontDark is one of the best series i've ever watched. The story is so unbelievible komplex and you always want to know what comes next. Dark treats the topic "Time Traveling" better and more "realistically" then every other series or movie. If you watched the first 3-4 episodes, then you know if you want to continue. If someone says, this series ist bad, its just not his genre or he just dont understood it. Expand
  41. Aug 17, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The third (and last season) is better than the first season, but it has decayed in some ways that were better used in the second season. An example of this is the way in which this new year treats its characters, they are all "discarded" in a very quick way (there are exceptions), which made me feel a bitter taste in my mouth and I missed them a lot in the last episode. Expand
  42. Jul 9, 2020
    Brilliant, once again. It's hard to explain why you should watch this show, but you should.
  43. Jul 13, 2020
    This show is unlike anything I have watched on TV ever... Mind-blowing performances, outstanding writing, and pure content... & that ending was a pure deus ex machina...
  44. Jul 20, 2020
    Very emotional, and good. It is a good series to hang out and have fun. It makes you empathize with certain characters and get into the story, although sometimes it is a bit tiresome this series promised a lot.
  45. Jul 28, 2020
    The third and final season does a magnificent job in wrapping up a what seems like will become a cult series as time progresses. One of the greatest, if not the greatest sci-fi series ever put put to screen.
  46. Jul 29, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. extraordinary ,marvelous, Goosebumps no more words this is a masterpiece , I love very much Expand
  47. Apr 20, 2021
    Most Cleverly written show in the world, and please do not compare it to Strange thing, it is an insult to Dark

Universal acclaim - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Michael Frank
    Jul 6, 2020
    The season-three set pieces are gorgeous, as the German show remains fantastic on a technical level. The camerawork goes from feeling hectic and nervy to slow, steady, and measured several times throughout each episode. It’s disorienting, just like the layered narrative it’s depicting. Hoffman’s performance continues to be top-tier, especially from a young actor. ... One of the most mind-melting shows on television, and possibly the most unique Netflix original, “Dark” finishes its run with peak writing, shocking conclusions, and a bittersweet sense of finality.
  2. Reviewed by: Jack Seale
    Jun 29, 2020
    Dark is distilled to its essence, which is a mix of epic philosophical arguments and sad vignettes about loss and betrayal, all wrapped up in anything-goes sci-fi and gorgeous production design that delivers ice-cool ideas and imagery.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Greene
    Jun 29, 2020
    Even with all that uncertainty, “Dark” has maintained that highwire act for three of the most thrilling sci-fi TV seasons ever made. To see it make it across the chasm with its ambitions and technique intact is certainly something worth remembering.