• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: May 31, 2019
8.3

1. Jun 2, 2019
    For the most part well executed, but I felt it beneath the writing of a show like Deadwood to have to show flashbacks from the previous seasons. It was unnecessary, especially for those of us who still remember the story or have recently watched it again.
  2. Jun 1, 2019
    I didn't realize how much I wanted this closure until I had it. David Milch hasn't lost a thing, and contrary to all my worries, knocked it out of the park. Beautiful character evolution, especially for Bullock (Olyphant truly came into his own after being the relatively weak link on the original run), Swearengen (a beautiful parallel to Milch's own life and the story of an old man lookingI didn't realize how much I wanted this closure until I had it. David Milch hasn't lost a thing, and contrary to all my worries, knocked it out of the park. Beautiful character evolution, especially for Bullock (Olyphant truly came into his own after being the relatively weak link on the original run), Swearengen (a beautiful parallel to Milch's own life and the story of an old man looking back and wondering what he was leaving behind in the world) and Trixie (finally found a happiness and something to truly live for).

A fitting conclusion for the greatest piece of television ever produced. 10/10 and easily on my list of ten favorite movies.
  3. May 31, 2019
    Series, Movie - just amazing. Timothy is just the ebst, Glad we can see him in Tarantino's movie next
  4. Jun 1, 2019
    I wasn't feeling it. Deadwoods "ice zombie kidnapping" shark jump was Swearengin murdering one of his girls in cold blood to save Trixie, and Trixie, Sol, Charlie, and most importantly Bullock just all kinda being alright with it. It was an unforgivable choice by the writers which, for me, threw the whole Deadwood universe off. That and loading up on combatants in the last episode neverI wasn't feeling it. Deadwoods "ice zombie kidnapping" shark jump was Swearengin murdering one of his girls in cold blood to save Trixie, and Trixie, Sol, Charlie, and most importantly Bullock just all kinda being alright with it. It was an unforgivable choice by the writers which, for me, threw the whole Deadwood universe off. That and loading up on combatants in the last episode never to use them, left me feeling as if my guts were ripped out when it was announced it wouldn't be coming back. This movie was trying to polish a turd that last episode laid, and I wasn't convinced. Expand
  5. Jun 17, 2019
    Absolutely fantastic. One of the best endings to a TV series I have ever seen. The fact that there were 10 years between this movie and the end of the 3rd season, and that David Milch and the team behind Deadwood were still able to get this stunning result is incredible. Deadwood is one of those TV series that I believe to be in "must-watch" territory, and this movie cements it as one ofAbsolutely fantastic. One of the best endings to a TV series I have ever seen. The fact that there were 10 years between this movie and the end of the 3rd season, and that David Milch and the team behind Deadwood were still able to get this stunning result is incredible. Deadwood is one of those TV series that I believe to be in "must-watch" territory, and this movie cements it as one of the greats of all time. Expand
  6. Jun 26, 2019
    If you were invested in the show, this is a delightful final moment for the story and characters. Nothing is final, but its not meant to be. Beautiful film and extremely entertaining.
  7. Jun 10, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For someone who has never seen the show either Deadwood (or) Justified(the antagonists of Deadwood appear here too). The movie does not disappoint at all in fact they even show us glimpses of the past from the now discontinued show. Over all it is a very well experienced horseride of a show. A must watch for the show viewers and also for people who like westerns. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Sonia Saraiya
    Jun 4, 2019
    What struck me most were not the tragedies of Deadwood: The Movie, but instead its indelible joys: the humanity that refuses to be stifled and shut away, even in this hardscrabble existence.
  2. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Jun 3, 2019
    Deadwood: The Movie is the perfect ending to television’s all-time best show. ... Just as it’s to be expected, Milch balances such touchingly somber moments with instances of camaraderie, treachery, violence and absurdity.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Jun 3, 2019
    The movie has an incredibly satisfying, at times emotionally overwhelming, final act. ... The almighty creator of this great TV show, and this superb farewell film, bestows exceptional kindness and generosity upon his greatest creation here at the end.