7.3

1. Dec 30, 2015
    Everyone likes this movie. Ugh.
    Everyone likes this movie. Ugh.

Well for me, I personally hate disney channel. Its so cliched. First off, why did they make Cruella black? huh? That was a weird mix up there. I mean, I know you try to make disney racially diverse, but come ON. If you want some ethnic diversity, STOP whitewashing your films and adding 2 or 3 ethnic characters in the mix. Another thing that got on my nerves was Mulans "hair fix up" scene. She has this chinese girl bowlcut, then they change it to some long europeanish hair. I see what your sayin there. And, why is the King named King Beast? His name is ADAM. From the second the movie started, you knew the Ben boy was going to be with Mal. We know there just going to join the good side. We know all of that. She seemed cool in the beginning, a sly girl with a spark of rebellion. Then, the stupid be yourself thing is thrown out the window, and she ultimatley changes to some sweet girl. Heck, she even gets in a princess dress! And that AWFUL rendition of "Be Our Guest" is so phoned in. And did I mention that the kings crown looks awfully plastic?
    Postive:
    I like the costumes. And I like the song "Evil like me" Other than that, it's a stupid teen bopper movie.

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 31, 2015
    Thanks to winning performances by Cameron, Chenoweth and others, it's a flick the family can sit down and enjoy.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jul 29, 2015
    Granted, one might wish the focus tilted a bit more heavily toward the adults--Kristin Chenoweth as Maleficent steals every scene she’s in--or that the second half wasn’t as heavily padded. Still, the songs are clever, the look is sumptuous, and the idea is so good it goes down easy even if the broth’s a trifle undercooked.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Amatangelo
    Jul 29, 2015
    The rather flimsy story is strung together by musical numbers--some stronger than others.