7.3

1. Sep 13, 2015
    Well, the songs are very nice [I like 'Evil Like Me'], but that film looks like it's edited with Paint, what. And I don't like the end.. villains got to be villains!
  2. Feb 24, 2017
    The next generation!

The next generation!

This is a great concept, I don't know why Disney did not turn it into a theatrical film. As per the television standards, this film succeeds from all the aspects. The casting was good, but the focus was not distributed equally. May be they kept it for the sequels, in each to tell everyone's tale as the centre. So this is about the descendants of the greatest villains of Disney's fairy tales. They all got admitted to the Auradon Prep located near to their banished land. A chance to follow their own path, particularly to cut off bad influences of their parents. But would they accept the offer and make it work or there any agenda to avenge for the past are the remaining parts.

It's a musical like any fairytale. But average tracks. The performances were good, even the graphics are very acceptable. So colourful and visually appealing. I think this kind of trend began with the recent success of 'Maleficent'. So you must not expect the moral values, particularly I'm saying it for the parents. Because, this is about the villains and their children, so the majority of the film leans on the negative factors. But as usual, all ends well, if you consider that a message or learning point for your children.

Directed by 'Hocus Pocus' filmmaker. I was looking forward to watch it since it came out. Finally, I saw it and enjoyed it, but not the great film. The children's would love it, especially those who are familiar with the characters and its origin. Surely lot to expect, but I advise to keep your expectation low to benefit maximum. I have heard, they are already making the second film, which is due later this year. So I hope this time I watch it on the time.

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 31, 2015
    Thanks to winning performances by Cameron, Chenoweth and others, it's a flick the family can sit down and enjoy.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jul 29, 2015
    Granted, one might wish the focus tilted a bit more heavily toward the adults--Kristin Chenoweth as Maleficent steals every scene she’s in--or that the second half wasn’t as heavily padded. Still, the songs are clever, the look is sumptuous, and the idea is so good it goes down easy even if the broth’s a trifle undercooked.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Amatangelo
    Jul 29, 2015
    The rather flimsy story is strung together by musical numbers--some stronger than others.