• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 13, 2018
Season #: 2, 1
4.9

1. Mar 28, 2018
    Desperate to like this show, 3 episodes in and it all feels too forced. Maybe it will hit it's stride but with other shows out there doing it "right" i'm not sure it can keep up
  2. Apr 22, 2018
    The promos couldn’t even get me interested in this show. Another ho-hum courtroom drama with social complications on the side. Nothing new here.
  3. Mar 16, 2018
    It feels too much like other Rimes shows. Eager, bright--but cute--new attorneys (interns, gladiators, etc.) ready to do battle without the burden of a lot of depth.
  4. Jun 11, 2018
    Smart, interesting, and engaging, if your mind works a certain way. I actually think this show is great and I have loved every episode. The plots are clever, and I cared about the characters from the get go. Having said that, every episode I also think to myself, "man, this is too complex for what most people are looking for in their entertainment and will probably get cancelled, dangSmart, interesting, and engaging, if your mind works a certain way. I actually think this show is great and I have loved every episode. The plots are clever, and I cared about the characters from the get go. Having said that, every episode I also think to myself, "man, this is too complex for what most people are looking for in their entertainment and will probably get cancelled, dang it." It is a well-done, well-plotted show, and you will enjoy it if you are looking for something more intricate and intellectual. If you just want a fun escape without much thinking needed, you will want to look elsewhere. We are all in the mood for different kinds of shows at different times in our life, so this show isn't going to appeal to everyone, but I hope enough people are in the mood for this one, that the show does not get cancelled. :-) Expand
  5. Jun 13, 2018
    For someone who likes legal drama selectively, this one hit the spot. I like the storytelling, character development, and the plot isn't incredibly predictable. I love the cast isn't completely whitewashed. I can't wait to see another season. Thank you for making an interesting show I enjoy.

1. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Mar 16, 2018
    What’s mildly intriguing, at least in the first few episodes, is the chance to see a Shondaland series in its nascent moments of restraint, when the dialogue and plot still have a chance of resonating with reality.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Mar 13, 2018
    Don't go into For the People expecting the sensationalist procedural melodrama often associated with the Shondaland brand and you might find yourself appreciating the simple pleasures of a deep ensemble cast delivering reams of clever dialogue and grappling superficially with the legal issues of the day.
  3. Reviewed by: Sonia Saraiya
    Mar 13, 2018
    Unlike Rhimes’ best shows, For the People lacks even a modicum of subtlety--a subtlety often provided by the lead actor, be it Viola Davis or Kerry Washington. It’s zingy, and follows the right patterns, but For the People is almost impossible to invest in.