Season #: 3, 2, 1
4.3

1. Jul 17, 2018
    They say Americans love consistency above all else and that could explain the deluge of low scores for season two. Season one was essentially a premium cable rendition of a traditional prime time legal drama - handsome and mostly conventional. Season two is a gonzo journey more reminiscent of Garth Ennis's Preacher comics, Pulp Fiction or even Oliver Stone's U-Turn (which featured ThorntonThey say Americans love consistency above all else and that could explain the deluge of low scores for season two. Season one was essentially a premium cable rendition of a traditional prime time legal drama - handsome and mostly conventional. Season two is a gonzo journey more reminiscent of Garth Ennis's Preacher comics, Pulp Fiction or even Oliver Stone's U-Turn (which featured Thornton as well). I'll say this: William Hurt's Cooperman character would be lost in a sea of eccentric super-villains had he showed up in any of the eight episodes. Things get beautifully wacky.
    Personally, I enjoyed both approaches and it's nice watching the creators push the envelope when they could've simply mailed in a facsimile. Billy Bob is excellent as always. Highly recommended for fans looking for something beyond the limits of traditional legal dramas.
  2. Jul 11, 2018
    Season 2 was great. Twisted, demented, solid, original. Those who hate it below love simple-minded network crap like Law and Order and CSI.

If you want different, outside the box, thought-provoking TV, watch Goliath Season 2. And, Ep7, one of the greatest eps of television EVER.
  3. Jul 20, 2018
    I really enjoyed this season as well as the last season. I had no problem following the plot -- it seems like other folks expected it to follow a similar story arc as season 1 which it does not do.

For me, the writing and performance of the leads really kept me engaged. Billy and Patty area always great, and Tom's character was out of this world.

Can't wait for season 3!
  4. Aug 3, 2018
    I found the writing in season 2 to be superior with a bold shift in tone from the court room dramas of S1 toward the darker cartel conspiracy found here. The excellent cast deliver standout performances in particular from Ana de la Reguera as Marisol, Mark Duplass as Tom Wyatt and especially Lou Diamond Phillips as Oscar Suarez on the first couple episodes.

I can see from the meta

I can see from the meta reviews here some fans on S1 didnt like the switch in tone from courtroom drama to conspiracy/thriller/mafia/action elements on display here but I for one am refreshed David E. Kelley and Jonathan Shapiro didnt simply rehash the same ideas from S1. Episode 7 will go down as one of the best episodes of a tv show I have ever seen. The quality of creative work here is far superior to a run-of-the-mill episodic network show! Highly recommended.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Ben Travers
    Jun 15, 2018
    Goliath doesn’t take full advantage of Tom’s depraved habits, but anyone focused on this particular arc should be satisfied with its ending, as well as the season’s.
  2. TV Guide Magazine
    Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jun 12, 2018
    This L.A crime story is satisfying in its confident approach to a familiar genre. The bonus here is its broad streak of offbeat humor om Nilly's laid-back cunning, which contrasts nicely with the brash impatience of his sidekick, Patty. [11 - 24 Jun 2018, p.13]