7.8

1. Jun 21, 2019
    It was fantastic I loved the characters and it was so funny. We were laughing through the entire thing definitely will watch it again!
  2. Aug 7, 2019
    LOVED IT!!!! Watch it over and over -- you'll catch more every time.

Sequel please!!!
  3. Jun 4, 2019
    Absolutely binge-worthy - Tennant and Sheen are so watchable, and that it starts with Frances McDormand as a quirky Voice of God? Heavenly (if you'll forgive the reference). So completely British (even with the partly-American cast), this film is a fun romp that still manages to deliver a message on morality, loyalty, and friendship. And for the nerds among us (like myself) there areAbsolutely binge-worthy - Tennant and Sheen are so watchable, and that it starts with Frances McDormand as a quirky Voice of God? Heavenly (if you'll forgive the reference). So completely British (even with the partly-American cast), this film is a fun romp that still manages to deliver a message on morality, loyalty, and friendship. And for the nerds among us (like myself) there are plenty of easter eggs to seek out and giggle over. Pure fun, whether you've read the book or not. I'd watch a sequel if they made one. Expand
  4. May 31, 2019
    It was amazing, I haven't read the book, but after watching it I will! David Tennant was great! I wasn't expecting to hear Queen songs:)
  5. Jun 1, 2019
    A disclaimer first: Good Omens is my all time favorite book. The blend of Gaiman's dark lunacy and Pratchett's penchant for fanciful satire blend into the best take on armageddon I've ever read (certainly better than that mushroom fueled madness of Revelations). So I was nervous about the TV version.

Fortunately, they made the very wise decision to make this a six hour mini series rather than a two hour movie, which allows for the entire story to play out completely (along with some added framing mechanisms which serve the visual medium well).

No spoilers here: just to say this is a wild ride, following different characters various narratives, using non linear narrative just as often as not, and allowing itself the liberty to be frivolous as well as profound throughout the journey. Hats off to Gaiman; Terry would be proud of your efforts.
  6. Jun 1, 2019
    Very funny, with 2 great actors who provoke a deep empathy with the viewer. The story is quite crazy but better told, the small obstacles are as fun as the whole series. It's not a story to take seriously, well told, with figurative aspects and above all fun. I loved it and recommend it to anyone who wants a good fun because it's all the creators wanted to do, create a fantastic story andVery funny, with 2 great actors who provoke a deep empathy with the viewer. The story is quite crazy but better told, the small obstacles are as fun as the whole series. It's not a story to take seriously, well told, with figurative aspects and above all fun. I loved it and recommend it to anyone who wants a good fun because it's all the creators wanted to do, create a fantastic story and with good entertainment. Congratulations to the two main stars and their synergy.
    Brazilian:
    Muito divertido, com 2 grandes atores que provocam uma profunda empatia com o telespectador. A história é bem maluca mais bem contada, os pequenos entraves são tão divertidos quanto o seriado inteiro. Não é uma história para se levar a sério, bem contada, com aspectos figurativos e acima de tudo divertida. Adorei e recomendo pra qualquer um que queira uma boa diversão pois acrédito que é tudo que os criadores quiseram fazer, criar uma história fantástica e com bom entretenimento. Parabéns aos dois aotres principais e sua sinergia.
  7. Jun 2, 2019
    I'm disappointed. It comes off more like a cross of The Omen and Little Nicky. It's a bit silly for the topic, which makes sense if it were poking fun at religion, but it's not.
  8. Jun 1, 2019
    Good Omens is a very fun, very enjoyable show. David Tennat and Michael Sheen both nail their role as a demon and an angel. Pretty much everything about this was perfect.
  9. Jun 2, 2019
    A fitting tribute to Sir Pratchett. Incredible performances, a great story, and additions that Neil & Terry had agreed upon and sketched out for a potential sequel way back when - which surprisingly make the story even better.
  10. Jun 11, 2019
    Critics are definitely wrong on this one! Refreshing to see fantasy done like this on tv with this level of acting and budget.
  11. Jun 3, 2019
    I couldn't make it through one episode. Gave up at the point when Tennant went drag. The whole 35 minutes was uninspired, irrelevant and boring. I'd rather re-read the book backwards.
  12. Jun 15, 2019
    Good Omens was interesting. I never read the book. The story is pretty good with some twists in the ending. The interaction between the pairs of adult actors (3 of them) really stands out. The kids were uneven regarding acting. Good humor all around, but not the kind with big laugh, more with a sarcastic tone. Don't expect big specials effects. They are at the level of Dr Who. I give it aGood Omens was interesting. I never read the book. The story is pretty good with some twists in the ending. The interaction between the pairs of adult actors (3 of them) really stands out. The kids were uneven regarding acting. Good humor all around, but not the kind with big laugh, more with a sarcastic tone. Don't expect big specials effects. They are at the level of Dr Who. I give it a 70%. It wasn't perfect but it was entertaining for the actors in general. Not bad but not great either. Expand
  13. Jun 4, 2019
    The show itself is mediocre, but the sjw **** is killing it. Amazon is really **** things up. This was the last show i needed to cancel my prime subscription.
  14. Jun 15, 2019
    "Good Omens" S01 (Amzn, 6, 1-hr eps) had the potential to be great, it really did, it has a good storyline and a stellar cast so where does it fail - direction and a budget that limited it to a first-time filmmaker's effort. Doug Mackinnon (British director) hasn't really distinguished himself with any production and he continues his legacy of mediocrity here, too. His vision for this"Good Omens" S01 (Amzn, 6, 1-hr eps) had the potential to be great, it really did, it has a good storyline and a stellar cast so where does it fail - direction and a budget that limited it to a first-time filmmaker's effort. Doug Mackinnon (British director) hasn't really distinguished himself with any production and he continues his legacy of mediocrity here, too. His vision for this telling is frivolous and trite even as he's hamstrung by a budget that can't afford costuming and VFX that match the story's needs. All this makes for a poor, lackluster vision for what angels and demons are - dapper humans, apparently - and for what heaven appears to be - something akin to the all white Apple stores of yore within a NYC-style cityscape. There's a lot of offbeat British humor that never really scores, British cultural and societal mannerisms that are offputting, but brightside, there are snippets of Queen's hits throughout. However, I could only make it into episode five - where the Four Horsemen which includes two women because you know gender diversity was so important in ancient times (not) are regular 'ole humans on motorcycles - before I had enough of the nonsense and idiocy, sticking through it to the end would've been more painful than I could further endure, because believe me, you have to forgive a whole lot of frivolity to make it that far. It's ashame, so much potential just frittered away. Expand
  15. Jun 14, 2019
    If I could, I would give this show a 12 out of 10. It was an excellent adaptation of the book. Great work of everyone involved, including actors, director and of course the writers. It captured the essence of the story and I think it payed a worthy tribute to Terry Pratchett.
  16. Jun 21, 2019
    A great novel mangled by one of its original authors.

The humor fails to land, likely from the absence of Terry Pratchett. The characters largely don't work, fun twists are thrown away, good parts of the novel are discarded for some new material that is inferior. On the whole the series a slog. I've read this book more times than I can remember, and while the series occasionally
    A great novel mangled by one of its original authors.

I've read this book more times than I can remember, and while the series occasionally used the dialog word-for-word (when politically correct) something is lost in the translation from page to screen. This is either from bad direction or the skills of the actors.

It might be more entertaining for viewers that don't know there is a better version available, but there is and you could probably read with the same investment of time.
  17. Aug 26, 2019
    Excellent show, very faithful to the book and lots of great comedy.

The show is by no means perfect, you can see they strained with the budget at several points, but it is still great.

1. Reviewed by: Aja Romano
    May 31, 2019
    With Gaiman at the helm, and with an ample amount of time to do the book’s nuances justice, Good Omens succeeds much better than any recent Gaiman (or Pratchett) adaptation in memory. But we’re still ultimately left with a screenplay that faithfully emphasizes Good Omens’ plot rather than its profundities or literary flourishes.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    May 31, 2019
    Diverting and mostly pleasurable. ... The BBC Studios production is studded with piquant performances by veteran actors, mostly British.
  3. Reviewed by: Sophie Gilbert
    May 31, 2019
    Good Omens is frivolous in tone to the point of being glib, while its recurring jokes recur so often that they run out their welcome (Crowley gets scenes scored to virtually every track in the Queen songbook, while Aziraphale’s story lines frequently feature his obsession with eating). What sets the series apart is the relationship between two polar opposites who end up realizing, as the best antagonists do, that they’re not that different after all.