• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 9, 2019
7.2

There are no user reviews yet - Be first to review I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth v. Michelle Carter.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Lucy Mangan
    Dec 5, 2019
    I Love You, Now Die is a superbly perceptive study of the endless convolutions and complexities of the human mind – and the proliferation of both when two people in a desperately unhappy state meet. It succeeds in raising questions – gently, but relentlessly – about our prejudices and our readiness to judge, as individuals and through our institutions, from the media to the courts. Without losing sight of anyone’s misery or loss, it forces nuance – a characteristic increasingly absent from discourse – into the discussion.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jul 12, 2019
    I Love You, Now Die might be short on definitive answers for these problems, but it raises all the right questions. Whether Carter was treated unfairly, the loud and clear message is that these kind of conversations need to take place before the next death that, rightly or wrongly, gets attributed to texting.
  3. Reviewed by: Ashlie D. Stevens
    Jul 10, 2019
    Carter’s characterization in “I Love You, Now Die,” is left to psychiatrists, reporters, her defense attorney Joseph Cataldo. But here, as in her past documentaries, Carr excels in extending a touch of humanity to characters whose stories otherwise would be defined by what can be splashed on the cover of a tabloid.