Season #: 2, 1
8.1

1. May 29, 2019
    Really, being honest, this shouldn't have been made. The PWB authored season one was a spectacular piece of television. This however simply didn't work. Every tension is made flabby and every dynamic, blunt. The writing simply isn't as sharp. The season improves a little towards the end, but there is a hell of a lot of really-not-so-stylised treading of water. A shame.
  2. MWA
    Jul 3, 2019
    My wife hyping season 1 and the buzz in the wider media got me to watch 2 and a bit episodes of season 2. Sorry but this is drivel, sub A level writing that would have been called out I suspect were it not for the fact of its 'innovative' use of female characters in 'traditionally' male roles.
  3. May 11, 2019
    *** Update 5/10 After suffering through 4 or so episodes of this season I am done with this show, it's ridiculous, lipstick lesbian propaganda, and that's it. it'd be a little bit of alright if the plot was believable, and the characters actions were understandable, but it seems as if you've gotta have a uterus to get it, and I don't, and I'm past trying ****** 1st ep was a bit of a*** Update 5/10 After suffering through 4 or so episodes of this season I am done with this show, it's ridiculous, lipstick lesbian propaganda, and that's it. it'd be a little bit of alright if the plot was believable, and the characters actions were understandable, but it seems as if you've gotta have a uterus to get it, and I don't, and I'm past trying ****** 1st ep was a bit of a bore, yeah we get it women like to overbuy candy, take long soothing baths, and make rash windows purchases when upset & confused, how embarrassing & trite to be portrayed as this stereotype. Jodie Comer is such a standout she eats the screen, and is the only thing worthwhile in this otherwise painful endeavour. Found myself fast forwarding through the parts that obviously were filler, e.g. Eve's husband & everything but Jodie. Expand
  4. Apr 8, 2019
    After 4 intriguing episodes in season 1, this show has revealed itself as a very simplistic cartoonish bore (all the actions of any protagonist are totally unbelievable) . Its success is indeed based on a very basic trick: Daubed in "feminism", its talisman protects it from every negative critic that would be too scared to break the taboo. If the lead characters were men, it would beAfter 4 intriguing episodes in season 1, this show has revealed itself as a very simplistic cartoonish bore (all the actions of any protagonist are totally unbelievable) . Its success is indeed based on a very basic trick: Daubed in "feminism", its talisman protects it from every negative critic that would be too scared to break the taboo. If the lead characters were men, it would be discarded as the non-sense and drivel that it truly is. What American critics hail as dark British humour is just a direct descendant of that second-rate simplistic British materialistic and egocentric nihilistic culture of Hume and Locke.

Episode 1:
    Some of the hospital scenes try to be embarrassingly funny. It doesn't work at all. The "bad girl" languish there for such a long time only to pretend to reveal her "humanity" towards the little boy who thinks he is a monster. Just to expunge a clichéd 3 $ pseudo philosophical line: "we are all not normal". Then, as if self-aware of this mawkish instinct, she kills him. Probably to shock middle-class female audiences, ...who feel so good about themselves when they seem to overcome their instinctive repulsion. This feels like a rather cheap thrill. Also, very hypocritically, It makes us empathise with a psycho-killer just because she is a woman.

Otherwise:
    The score is always this ethereal crappy elektro-music that frame all the useless scenes.
    The Sandra Oh post-crime psychological anguish scenes are both totally chichéd and badly acted: "I need to cook or listen to a hard-sell cold call to get over myself".
    I could go on and on on this rant. If I were a feminist and/or British, I would be embarrassed.
    This is a show you love to hate basically.

PS: The boyfriend of Sandra Oh must have repeated that line 100 times"Can you tell me what's going on?" already.

Wenn du zum Weibe gehst, vergiss die Peitsche nicht! (Nietzsche)
  5. Aug 15, 2019
    Absolute drivel, rubbish. My wife and I have just finished watching this. Out of 8 episodes in the second series there was approximately 5 minutes worth watching. The first series was great. This was absolute sh*te.

1. Reviewed by: Judy Berman
    Apr 9, 2019
    [Phoebe Waller-Bridge's] handpicked replacement, Call the Midwife star Emerald Fennell, doesn’t seem to grok the characters on quite as profound a level. Happily, Fennell does know how to keep episodes fizzy, fast-paced and binge-friendly.
  2. Reviewed by: Kevin Fallon
    Apr 8, 2019
    Perfect is a strong word, but Killing Eve is a series that merits those. ... Everything that worked so well in season one is back in essentially the same form, and it’s working again.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Apr 5, 2019
    Because you're never quite sure what she'll do -- and how far she'll go -- the show has a genuine sense of menace, mixed with the disarming humor that comes from Villanelle rolling her eyes and throwing tantrums like a pouty teenager.