• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 19, 2015
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.7

1. Jul 1, 2015
    Only on Episode 2 so far but already having a great time watching this show. I can't wait to see how this story develops should be a good ride. If this starts getting to Firefly status I will raise my rating.
  2. Jun 30, 2015
    Fun scifi adventure. The world is interesting and looks impressive. Having 3 main characters may seem like a disadvantage at first but it allows those characters to have more depth in a plot driven show. The hearth of this show is the adventure, and that is just the way i like it.
  3. Aug 25, 2015
    I really want to like this show. It's fun, I love Science Fiction, and it's action-packed, adventures-in-space-with-outcasts-who-may-be-bad-guys story just like a shiny little Sci-Fi show I fell in love with years ago. And, while I don't expect anyone to fill that show's shoes, Killyjoys throws some major roadblocks up for people trying to get into it. The first thing Killjoys needs to doI really want to like this show. It's fun, I love Science Fiction, and it's action-packed, adventures-in-space-with-outcasts-who-may-be-bad-guys story just like a shiny little Sci-Fi show I fell in love with years ago. And, while I don't expect anyone to fill that show's shoes, Killyjoys throws some major roadblocks up for people trying to get into it. The first thing Killjoys needs to do to become a great show is explain its setting a little bit. It looks as though a lot of thought went into creating the mythology for this show, but very little of it came out in the first season. As such, the environment these characters inhabit is confusing and you don't really know what you're getting ,what to expect, or why you should care about certain plot points.

I found the star performances likable, the stories told interesting if somewhat formulaic, and the overall tone of the show appealing. I think the background characters need some work. The doctor and the bartender in particular, if they are to continue as recurring characters, are flat and uninteresting.

Not every show on TV needs to be Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones and Killjoys seems to recognize that. It's a campy, beat-em-up, space cowboy-y good time, but with a little tweaking to their formula, could really be something great.
  4. Jun 23, 2015
    Interesting show, campy space bounty hunters. They did a fairly good job of world building in the first episode, so I'm very much looking forward to what they can do with said world. Likable protagonists, interesting side characters, no real antagonist as of yet yet, besides the classic "evil company".
  5. Jul 23, 2015
    This is a truly fantastic show and I cannot understand the few negative reviews here. Seems based on just the first episode, which is always a bit rough for any series, and anyone who has bothered to continue with the show will find a higher quality of sci-fi and enjoy it for the great show it is!
  6. Aug 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Strong female character as a lead. So of course people are going to hate on it.

The story is refreshing and engaging. Pacing is good, I'm not wanting to fast forward which is great.

Beyond the stars, the background cast is great. Potter, drug addicted, spoiled doctor, who keeps patching up the killjoys. Pree, the stylish bartender who doesn't mind breaking the rules, but generally wants what is best for others. "God" the priest who is staging a rebellion against the company.

It's an interesting world that has been developed and I can't wait to see what is coming for the killjoys.

The Warrant is All.
  7. Jun 20, 2015
    Great show! The pilot was great. It is easy to quickly get immersed in the world created and the actors have great chemistry. With great humour and some pretty excellent actors, it can grab and keep one's attention for quite a while. I am definitely watching episode 2.
  8. Jun 20, 2015
    Light space voyage with rich design and characters. Killjoys is a sci-fi show about two mercenaries who work for a reclamation agency. Their tasks include capturing high priority target and possible termination for some. The show has a mild quality, offering a bit of humor and good chemistry between the leads. It looks respectably nice, the setting is decorated aptly for its multitudeLight space voyage with rich design and characters. Killjoys is a sci-fi show about two mercenaries who work for a reclamation agency. Their tasks include capturing high priority target and possible termination for some. The show has a mild quality, offering a bit of humor and good chemistry between the leads. It looks respectably nice, the setting is decorated aptly for its multitude areas such as the slums, high end manor and spaceship interiors. While it mostly follows grayish futuristic tone, it sometimes produces vivid setting and costume which make the visual more appealing.

Soon enough the jobs take them into personal territory as some the principal characters' pasts are introduced. This set-up works by implementing small cast at the core while establishing the universe. Hannah John-Kamen as Dutch, the high ranking bounty hunter is a great cast. She has alluring on-screen presence and is quite capable for the role without shedding too much clothes.

Chemistry with other bounty hunters played by Aaron Ashmore and Luke Macfarlane is pretty good as they exchange banters. However, the show could be trapped in stereotypical love interest or family issue premise. The universe has plenty of diversity; each district is depicted with respective ambiance. Lighting and color tint make them easier to identify. While they are not full blown grand spectacle, the show gives enough foundation for the vistas to work.

Design with the props and costumes is presentable, occasionally giving traditional or cooperate vibe. It looks good enough, fitting for a sci-fi show. There are a few questionable aspects such as the slightly underwhelming effect for combat, action could be more polished and the tired use of harrowing pasts for subplots, but for most part Killjoys generates adequate start for fun treks in the future.
  9. Jun 22, 2015
    When you hear a pitch for a show about bounty hunters in space, you get excited about the possibilities. Will this be like "Firefly?" Will it be more like Han Solo in a modern story? This show was none of those things, nor was it very compelling. Instead, it's bogged down by poor effects, tepid characters, and middling performances.
  10. Jun 20, 2015
    What a horrible show, I was thinking when I heard about this "Hey cool, space Bounty Hunters." As anybody would of course. But when I watched the show, it wasn't as good as I played it out in my head as being. Bland characters, bland setting. I wouldn't recommend this show to my worst enemy
  11. Jul 21, 2015
    I love Sci Fi, so it was with some excitement I turned on Killjoys. But alas, it wasn't to be. Killjoys is aptly named.

I would rather watch old Blakes 7 reruns and the original Star Trek than this dross. I don't understand those 'professional' reviewers giving it a 9 - the story is hackneyed, the acting mediocre and the sets are 1970s BBC (or Irwin Allen). And while the premise,

And while the premise, that of a space-borne bounty-hunter, is fresh and appealing, I can't think of anything to recommend it.
  12. Aug 1, 2015
    It is summer. That used to mean re-runs, but these days it often means neat summer programming. Shows you are going to DVR, because who is home on a Friday night in summer? There are a bunch of shows competing for DVR space in my house, and while we tried to get into Killjoys, it lost to space on the DVR. I have to compare it to Dark Matter in this case, which we really like. Dark MatterIt is summer. That used to mean re-runs, but these days it often means neat summer programming. Shows you are going to DVR, because who is home on a Friday night in summer? There are a bunch of shows competing for DVR space in my house, and while we tried to get into Killjoys, it lost to space on the DVR. I have to compare it to Dark Matter in this case, which we really like. Dark Matter kind of only can be a Sci-Fi show. It does not really work if not in the future, or it would be very clunky. KillJoys is kind of just a procedural in the future. If you take away the tech and the future stuff, all of these stories still work and can be translated into other time periods. This is the weakness of the show. It does not properly take advantage of its setting for anything more than backdrop and props. Expand
  13. Apr 19, 2016
    Killjoys season 1 was friggin awesome! So glad it's being renewed and looking forward to seeing what the crew is up to in season 2. I don't get how anyone could not like this show, it's campy, production value is near the middle of the field, but the characters are cool & the larger story is interesting. I dug it.
  14. Sep 1, 2015
    I can't believe there's not more buzz around this show! I think people are skipping this not realizing what a gem it is. It's got its own unique vibe I would describe as "cyberpunk Firefly". It's got one of the most cogent versions of the future ever brought to TV--far more accurate than Trek, BSG or even Firefly. And the characters are deep enough to surprise me nearly every episode.
  15. Jul 25, 2015
    This show is amazing! I come away feeling envigorated and happy, just like I did with Firefly (albeit, not quite to the same level, but close).

I don't get the negative reviews... cliche? sure... unoriginal? maybe... but it's damn good space opera, and we DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE OPERA!
  16. Aug 22, 2015
    Great show! Solid characters, universe and story. This fills a niche of space shows that I have been missing for a while. The more I see the more it grows on me. I am really hoping for a second season!
  17. Jan 27, 2016
    This is a very good show. It has an interesting premise, and nice, interesting complications to make the story fun. This reminds me a lot of Firefly, with the space-western type feel, though it feels more apocalyptic to me. My 11 year old daughter even likes it, though, she likes most sci-fi. I have to be careful though, of some of the more gratuitous sex in some episodes. Overall, IThis is a very good show. It has an interesting premise, and nice, interesting complications to make the story fun. This reminds me a lot of Firefly, with the space-western type feel, though it feels more apocalyptic to me. My 11 year old daughter even likes it, though, she likes most sci-fi. I have to be careful though, of some of the more gratuitous sex in some episodes. Overall, I would highly recommend this show. Expand
  18. Jul 17, 2015
    Killjoys is part of SyFy's attempt to reclaim science fiction from JJ Abrams and the CW and it is a positive sign of things to come.

The show, about interstellar bounty hunters, is pretty straight forward and fun. Science fiction should have some science elements to it but Killjoys doesn't fall into the trap of trying to be too clever or sciency. The great Sci-Fi series (Star Trek, Stargate, Dr. Who, etc) were always fun first and then added elements of mystery and future science & technology where appropriate - Killjoys definitely follows that tradition, it is a fun, action oriented series first and foremost and any complications, interpersonal issues, mysteries and cool tech stuff never overwhelms the story. It is fun and easy to watch and follow.
  19. Nov 1, 2015
    Well i love sci fi but this show i dont know what to think, never got my interest... i only watched the first 3 episodes and i couldnt watch anymore i was bored....
  20. Jul 20, 2015
    This show is amazing, because the characters are so likable, lovable,
    entertaining, they have such great chemistry and interactions!! The
    acting is top notch, the cgi is superb, the story lines believable and enjoying, spooky sometimes! And they release just the right amount of info for background story reasons every episode! You can't help,but love the show! We need more characters
    This show is amazing, because the characters are so likable, lovable,
    entertaining, they have such great chemistry and interactions!! The
    acting is top notch, the cgi is superb, the story lines believable and
    enjoying, spooky sometimes! And they release just the right amount of
    info for background story reasons every episode! You can't help,but
    love the show! We need more characters like Dutch out there, a
    beautiful, kick ass, yet vulnerable woman, LEAD ROLE!!!! She's NO ONES
    side kick!!!! She even has men as HER sidekicks, it's awesome! And her
    backstory, who is she, who is Khylen, what has she done, what has he
    done, will,bite her in the butt, will it bite Johnny? And Dutch and
    Johnnys relationship is so pure, light, loving, and amazing!!!!! Such
    love and devotion they have it's truly amazing...
  21. Aug 10, 2015
    I am officially hooked on Killjoys, not sure how its doing on ratings but hoping they’re good enough to keep this show alive for a long time. Seriously this is one of the best scifi shows I’ve seen in a while. Slightly reminiscent of Firefly with its unique elements and story line.

The characters are sassy and strong, like every good science fiction character. The show is serious but still manages to be funny and sweet. The world the show takes place in is unique enough to not be boring and I enjoy the way we slowly learn about it.

I also have to note how interesting the love triangle in this show is. It’s not your typical romantic quarrel, as it is more of a friendship/family love triangle. It’s kind of a breath of fresh air from the constant who gets the girl scenario.
  22. Sep 1, 2015
    'Killjoys' is a lot of fun if you like science fiction shows. It's fast paced, with engaging characters, yes, there are a few different story threads, but for me, that just added to the show's intrigue. Give it a chance, watch at least the first few episodes! I repeat, it's a fun, easy to view television show with real potential, as long as the show gets a decent number of episodes and'Killjoys' is a lot of fun if you like science fiction shows. It's fast paced, with engaging characters, yes, there are a few different story threads, but for me, that just added to the show's intrigue. Give it a chance, watch at least the first few episodes! I repeat, it's a fun, easy to view television show with real potential, as long as the show gets a decent number of episodes and (hopefully) a second season. Expand
  23. Sep 26, 2015
    The show tries to capture the essence of Firefly but fails miserably. It's just boring. Better watch Dark Matter instead – not super great but better than Killjoys.
  24. Oct 10, 2016
    I'm through Season one and I love it. I mean bad-ass bounty hunters in space with interesting characters a few plot twists here in there, a pinch of firefly and you got yourself an awesome Science Fiction Series.
    The only thing "you" might to like are the CGI which sometimes looks weird.
    The music is pretty awesome too.
    Go for it you will love it !
  25. Jul 21, 2016
    Love the show love the universe its made love the characters and i love Sci Fi.. it has the occasional dodgy moment but hey i still like it.. Don't like the new credits tho :)

1. Reviewed by: Steven Shehori
    Jun 19, 2015
    Although Killjoys has ambition and creativity to spare, it often lags in execution. Compelling storylines find themselves saddled with heavy-handed exposition and clunky, B-grade dialogue.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 18, 2015
    Killjoys tries to build a mythology, but both the low-rent look--a red filter for this scene! a green filter for this scene!--and the emphasis on fights over character development dooms the show to medocrity.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Jun 17, 2015
    Well cast and written and staged with a campy sense of humor.