• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 7, 2020
6.0

1. Feb 11, 2020
    Could've been only 5-6 episodes. Too much set-up for a dumb "plot twist" that is cliche. Creative, but too overconfident of its story, which it is not that impressive...
  2. Feb 8, 2020
    The stupidest series, with the stupidest characters. Every time they do something stupid just to move the story. Everyone on this show is a complete idiots.
  3. Feb 9, 2020
    The plot turned out to be quite interesting and the dialogues caught my attention, unfortunately once that the PC references start to pop up I knew the writers and producers were trying to appease to different minorities. It's really a shame that people in the industry can't simply produce a series without pandering to certaing sectors.
  4. Feb 14, 2020
    The slather of dumb decisions made by the characters and the stupid teenage drama makes this show unbearable to watch. I didn't watch the last episode because the one before it had such a dumb decision, that I couldn't suspend my disbelief. Yes, suspension of disbelief for magical monsters, demons, magic keys... totally fine. But for dumbness, that's new to me! You have to assume everyThe slather of dumb decisions made by the characters and the stupid teenage drama makes this show unbearable to watch. I didn't watch the last episode because the one before it had such a dumb decision, that I couldn't suspend my disbelief. Yes, suspension of disbelief for magical monsters, demons, magic keys... totally fine. But for dumbness, that's new to me! You have to assume every character, except the villain, is really really dumb to fully enjoy this show. Expand
  5. Feb 19, 2020
    Lets just dwell on what lets this show down, the script, period. The background story and actors are quite good, however the script is juvenile, filled with plot holes and over dramatisation, characters do and say things that just does not stand up to any form of scrutiny. Leave you brain at the door, and pray that season 2 brings fixes to these really obvious shortcomings.
  6. Feb 18, 2020
    Roteiro é uma porcaria. Personagens são muito burros. Não recomendo essa série, você chega a passar raiva.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Ashlie D. Stevens
    Feb 7, 2020
    "Locke & Key" is worth it in the end if you can push past the parts that are uneven and a little messy.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Cumming
    Feb 7, 2020
    The cast and script and direction and production are all as glossy you’d expect from a production like this. But it is frustratingly safe, at once too much and not enough. If Netflix won’t take a risk, viewers shouldn’t be expected to, either.
  3. Reviewed by: Jacob Oller
    Feb 7, 2020
    Locke & Key may mete out its genre goofiness over the course of a slump-filled first season, but if you want more than morsels to sustain you, there are plenty of similarly-toned shows without the barrier to entry.