Disney+ | Release Date: June 9, 2021
Generally favorable reviews based on 317 Ratings
Watch Now
Review this TV Series
kpaulJun 17, 2021
Loki, who nearly took over the world. Did take over Asgard gets reduced to some "fish out of water" character. This isn't Loki. Dialog is cringeworthy. The token actors are very underskilled for this level of project. Just disappointing withLoki, who nearly took over the world. Did take over Asgard gets reduced to some "fish out of water" character. This isn't Loki. Dialog is cringeworthy. The token actors are very underskilled for this level of project. Just disappointing with how much I love Loki. Expand
SorisJul 7, 2021
This series Is a complete femminist joke. Loki became a complete buffon and his female variant replaces what the original Loki has to be. Do not waste your time by watching this junk.
LeScullJul 1, 2021
Loki, the most interesting villain in the MCU, reduced to a joke of a character in his own show. 4 episodes in of 6 and the this isn't getting any better as Loki runs around being repeatedly humiliated and made to look as ridiculous asLoki, the most interesting villain in the MCU, reduced to a joke of a character in his own show. 4 episodes in of 6 and the this isn't getting any better as Loki runs around being repeatedly humiliated and made to look as ridiculous as possible in a time travel/multiverse plot that makes Bill and Ted look like high art. Expand
PsychoPaxJun 23, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Genuinely the worst MCU content so far. Every single aspect of this show is totally nonsensical. The supposed "greatest power in the universe" has a collective IQ of maybe 20 given how they have all this power and still somehow use batons. The time travel is awful, the "Sylvie" variant of Loki shouldn't exist because the TVA would just be able to wipe her out while she was a baby. Really none of the time travel works at all. Loki himself is completely out of character. After nearly taking down the Avengers a few minutes prior to the show taking place, he turns into an absolutely inept and incompetent buffoon. Every action scene he forgets to use his powers, like his giant super strength and all his illusion tricks. Literal walmart employees fought him for a minute. There is not one single aspect of this show that has been written remotely decently Expand
EFRAMJun 10, 2021
I don't need a spoiler. This show was flat-out disappointing. I was expecting a LOT better from this particular creator. I kept on asking myself who is this show designed for? Certainly not kids or teens or millennials. It was confusing,I don't need a spoiler. This show was flat-out disappointing. I was expecting a LOT better from this particular creator. I kept on asking myself who is this show designed for? Certainly not kids or teens or millennials. It was confusing, wandering and off base. It seemed to be trying way to hard to be "intelligent" as if the writer set out to create a marvel series that forgot it was part of the marvel universe. What was the object of this futile excercise? It was boring to the point where I actually fell asleep. I cannot believe that all of these "professional" critics are giving it such high praise. I would never watch another episode. Expand
OlivierPielJun 23, 2021
Loki was released just ahead of Rick & Morty S5. They both tackle the question of the finitude of man and free will in a society that infantilizes its populace. One is filled with clever zingers, irreverent and tongue in cheeks attacks on aLoki was released just ahead of Rick & Morty S5. They both tackle the question of the finitude of man and free will in a society that infantilizes its populace. One is filled with clever zingers, irreverent and tongue in cheeks attacks on a degenerate middle-class culture and sometimes poignant in its most beautiful moments. The other is as pretentious as it is plodding and devoid of any charm. Expand
ScienceAdvisorJul 12, 2021
An insulting bait & switch with a schizophrenic version of Loki that can constantly be easily beaten by normal humans, even though he was toying with both Captain America and Iron Man and could hold his own against Thor. They neutered him soAn insulting bait & switch with a schizophrenic version of Loki that can constantly be easily beaten by normal humans, even though he was toying with both Captain America and Iron Man and could hold his own against Thor. They neutered him so that he can hand off the mantle to Female Loki, as the original follows her around saying she is the best ever, and pretending that he fell in love in all of five minutes. This is not Loki, but a twisted and pale simulation by people that are more appropriate to fanfic than actual writing. Then there is the TVA, which cannot even follow their own internal continuity. Which means the viewer cannot trust anything they are told, or shown. This does not make for good entertainment except for those that cannot string together two cogent thoughts and realize that none of this makes sense. With only one episode left, I cannot imagine any way for the showrunner and writing team to pull this one out of garbage can. Expand
ZefyrusJul 14, 2021
Unfortunately, Loki is a huge let-down. SFX are cinema-level, sound/music is very good, the art direction is also interesting.
The writing is VERY weak; there are non-sensical fights all the time just to nimble away run time and introduce the "illusion" of content, but they are a total waste of time as nothing comes out of it, just our characters running away.

Owen Wilson is just completely irrelevant and just doesn't fit in the whole show at all.

The dialogue is as 1-dimensional as it can get and most of the time is just too "blaaah"; Loki or some other 2ndary character explaining or remembering stuff that is neither here nor there and that the viewer cares nothing about.

The characters are boring. Just plain boring. Sylvie is constantly angry and tryhards so much to be a badass it's almost a Mary Sue. Loki is completely out of character; he's a dumbed-down version of Loki in MCU.

Every time the show tries to give a story some closure, something radical happens and poof, new adventures that serve only to postpone our main character's journey and new characters we don't care about.

Generally, I'd say it's a show that doesn't really know what it is, why was it written and what it wants to give the viewer. There's no thrill, no suspense, no enganging story or characters and nothing new about Loki.

2/10 : Not worth watching at all / waste of time.
raniermariaJul 15, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's unsurprising that seemingly the majority of MCU fans adore Loki. After all, for the most part it *looks* like an MCU production, the premise and at least the first episode are promising, and by the last episode we've had a fun rollick with romance, humor, action, and epic stakes. But showrunner Michael Waldron's inexperience bleeds through Loki's MCU veneer, and all the CGI and set pieces and big name actors can hardly salvage the clumsy, awkward effort. Within a few minutes of the title, Loki is a member of the TVA assigned to tracking himself, or rather a female variant of himself whom we will come to know as Sylvie. We're given an intriguing glimpse into the TVA and its characters and retro-orange vibe. But fast-forward just an episode and Loki and Sylvie strike up a quick if reluctant partnership, then have a brief adventure, and ultimately meet and kill a being who appears to be more powerful than any god. The show, like the TVA, both moves very quickly, while also dragging on for an eternity. The MCU has decided that Loki is to remain neutered after the events of Endgame, so they resolve this by having the 2014 NYC Loki, mere moments after his defeat, watch the next 6 years of his life unfold in a TVA briefing -- and presto! One of the more interesting potential points of tension in the show is immediately gone. 2014 Loki, after watching some home movies, is presented to us as exactly the same as good guy Loki at his death. We get to know Sylvie best out of the other characters, but what do we know? Well, she was kidnapped by the TVA at a young age, escaped, and somehow came up with the idea to 'hide' in the moments just before apocalyptic events, which she has been doing for decades. But when I try to imagine such a life, instead of sadness or horror I feel confusion and incredulity. I can understand what I'm supposed to understand, but I can't understand it if I examine what that life would be like with any seriousness at all. And we are asked to take it seriously as Sylvie's tough woman routine, the entirety of her character, hinges on our ability to understand and empathize with her. As a fan of sci-fi and fantasy I'm always willing to suspend disbelief, but that suspension needs to be earned by laying the grounds for an analogy between our lives and the lives depicted in fantastical settings and circumstances. With Sylvie, sure I can imagine a child on the run, and even one on the run through time and space. But to move *constantly* from one apocalyptic event to the next, perhaps having to do so multiple times a "day," shores up many questions the script clearly does not want us to dwell on. Because it doesn't want us dwelling much on Sylvie at all. She seems to be born ex nihilo pissed off, rather than forged by years of hard-earned struggle to survive, and the show insists that we take her seriously without earning it.

The other characters we know even less, care about even less. And the lines they're given are bloated with platitudes and sophomoric high-ideals.

Even the reliable MCU brand of action here is little more than we might expect to see on a CW show. Loki and Sylvie rarely make use of their powers or their wits in combat, and the stakes for us are so low that it never feels tense or thrilling.

The proper propadeutic for Loki (and actually all of phase 4) is, of course, Rick and Morty -- and not only because Waldron was on staff there for years, even penning an episode. We're to be hopping between realities, times, planets, trying to thread a plot through it all with the same spirit of playful abandon. But if Loki is any indicator, all that spectacle might come at the expense of stories that matter to us.
HihihahahohoJun 23, 2021
These Marvel jokes ruins everything. This franchise is not a Disney fairy tales! Marvel could be so much better if there will be no jokes......
BitashJul 4, 2021
I thought I enjoyed the first episode although I smelled Disney pushing women power thing again when the black over weight lady cop was winning every fight with Loki! Second episode makes me not wanna watch this, Loki is constantly jokingI thought I enjoyed the first episode although I smelled Disney pushing women power thing again when the black over weight lady cop was winning every fight with Loki! Second episode makes me not wanna watch this, Loki is constantly joking around, weak character which he really isn’t, and....worse is that his variant is a woman, called Sylvia!!! Is this a tranny version of Loki? There we go with woman power that Disney tries to shove down our throats:( All angry ladies!!! Disney make something good, you have lost focus! Stop over whelming focus on being politically correct and inclusive to a degree that it’s so forced that end product is just baaaad and not even entertaining. Expand
mtobogganJul 15, 2021
Everything you love about the MCU Loki is destroyed. He isnt powerful, cunning, courageous, sneaky, regal, or capable of fighting. He is humiliated at every turn, and he is mewling and weak. The story is extremely boring. The finale was allEverything you love about the MCU Loki is destroyed. He isnt powerful, cunning, courageous, sneaky, regal, or capable of fighting. He is humiliated at every turn, and he is mewling and weak. The story is extremely boring. The finale was all talk and an ending you already know. The entire series is drowing in modern day politics and social issues, just what you want to see in a fantasy show. Feel like getting shouted aat in visuals and actions about today's endless stress and issues? Loki got you covered.

This series was a waste of time and i regret ever watching it.
BingeWatchingJul 14, 2021
A Loki TV series where Loki gets humiliated, dragged around, treated like **** gets kicked in the balls repeatedly and achieves literally NOTHING. This isn't Loki.. that's another female empowerment attempt that went totally wrong.
electronicoffeeJun 17, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Check him out, you won't be disappointed! He's DEAD ON and this show is such a **** atrocious dumpster fire. CAPTAIN MARVEL WAS MORE FUN THAN THIS SHOW! It rips off FALLOUT CONTROL and DC's Legendsoftomorrow but takes the worst parts of each of them. Terrible acting, atrocious scripting, 40+ minutes of dialogue or exposition, token fat black lady is head time cop of the most powerful time/space police in existance, token asian guy is so dumb he doesn't know what a fish (ooh bucking the stereotype!), all strong over powering women with angry **** personalities. SNARK IS NOT BEING STRONG. BEING RUDE IS NOT clever, cute, funny, or empowering. It's pure projection. Feminists hate men and see them as condescending, ****, and unpleasant while also seeing them as 'powerful/superior', so when feminists write female characters they write them as they see men (unpleasant aholes; look to Lois Lane or Iris West Allen or Stargirl if you want to see how to make strong female characters with some realistic behaviors, flaws, strengths, and real emotions.) Belittling and castrating your male characters (even the one he's supposed to be 'under' his buddy cop) gets kicked in the nuts multiple times by his female superiors. The entire show is feminist garbage so far and female loki is the cherry on top. She's supposed to be a loki variant (so relative in power) yet can open 50 time windows at once? Riiight. And that fight scene? He had magic, why didn't he use anything besides 'telekenesis' to grab an ineffective melee item? A real loki would have teleported across the store, grabbed some garden shears, and teleported behind the "zombie" and decapped him in 2 seconds. This is a complete joke. (And if you wanna counter with 'he doesn't wanna kill') he still could have done the same thing with a baseball bat and knocked them out or used a garden hose from garden section and strangled them unconscious (knocking them out). This is BAD WRITING!! BTW, I think I figured something out: Most of these youtubers got ep 1 and 2 in advance from disney/marvel and got a free VARIANT TVA jacket as a bribe. I think that's why they are all fangirling over this pathetic excuse of a show. ANGRYJOE I'm looking at you. (He's been shilling for this show so hard it makes me wonder how much Disney paid him!) Expand
suprnowaJul 15, 2021
This could have been a brilliant detective/quantum leap-esque show featuring one of the coolest villains in the MCU. Full of illusions, subterfuge within subterfuge, witty dialogue... But we didn't get any of that.

PROS: Big budget, large

PROS:
Big budget, large set pieces, solid costume design, and really adept cinematography. Score was handled well though mostly forgettable, and the leads delivered solid performances.

CONS:
Is Disney not allowed to hire good writers anymore? The story on this was CW-level bad and was completely nonsensical. Clumsy dialogue, a completely neutered Loki, cringe romance (I'm surprised Loki didn't shout out "I dun wan it. She's ma qween!" at the end) and each twist managed to undo any ounce of stakes or development.

Come to think of it, Loki probably could have not been in his show at all, and everything would still have gone exactly as it did. Not at all excited about this new phase of the MCU.
GodzilychJul 16, 2021
Как может Бог Обмана быть тупым? Запрасто, Марвел всех сделает тупыми.
FfedeJul 21, 2021
Absolute trash without any script.
Why? Why? Why wasting time to Watch this obnoxious serie.
Pootis2021Jul 26, 2021
I just wanted a Loki show where Loki actually tricks someone or does anything relatively close to being the "God of Mischief"
ReekumJul 25, 2021
Nonsensical fighting scenes, ending sucks. Only good thing is Ep. 5. Actually made me (finally) got sick of marvel.
CoreGamer1408Aug 16, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whoa everything was Kanged for good or bad lol. This makes every previous marvel movie pointless for the last twenty years or so. All the heroes/villians all puppets on Kangs string lmao. Why why would I want any pre-kang MCU merch? Nothing mattered in the MCU till after the Loki series right? Now the MCU has free will and heroes/villians now get to choose. So nah, nope, no interest in pre-kang MCU merch, comics, games, films, series. Come back Snyder to DCU all is almost forgiven. At least Zack didn't erase the impact of every DC film before his DCU attempt. Expand
TuxDCMay 25, 2022
Not worth anyone’s time. Trying to be a heady sci-fi show that has the actor that played Loki but his character does nothing Loki-like or consistent with MCU. Season 2 might as well be season 1 played backwards and I am sure that would beNot worth anyone’s time. Trying to be a heady sci-fi show that has the actor that played Loki but his character does nothing Loki-like or consistent with MCU. Season 2 might as well be season 1 played backwards and I am sure that would be critically acclaimed. Expand
SelaxioJan 16, 2022
La verdad odie el final y a la variente femenina de loki muy hipocrita,mamona y desconfiada