5.8

Watch Now

Buy on

1. Feb 26, 2019
    The Amazon Prime docuseries on Lorena Bobbitt gives us a pretty in-depth look into each case surrounding the infamous evening and even dives into what happens after. The show is informative and is watchable from start to finish. There is nothing truly groundbreaking about series and I am not a fan of generic replacements to make up for footage that doesn’t exist but when all is said itThe Amazon Prime docuseries on Lorena Bobbitt gives us a pretty in-depth look into each case surrounding the infamous evening and even dives into what happens after. The show is informative and is watchable from start to finish. There is nothing truly groundbreaking about series and I am not a fan of generic replacements to make up for footage that doesn’t exist but when all is said it done, its a fine watch. 6.5 out of 10 Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Helen Brown
    Jan 3, 2020
    Some of those series – like Netflix’s 2019 retro-rubbernecking of the Ted Bundy killings – offer little fresh analysis. Others – like ESPN’s 2016 OJ Simpson: Made in America – provide a powerful and disturbing insight into the historic fault lines in our culture. Lorena definitely fits into the latter category.
  2. Reviewed by: Lucy Mangan
    Dec 3, 2019
    While it covers a lot of cultural ground, “Lorena” skims over it too fast and lightly. There are still a lot of dots to be joined and inferences left to be made by a viewer who must already be fairly informed about, and sympathetic to, the issues in order to do so.
  3. Reviewed by: Sonia Saraiya
    Mar 18, 2019
    The laughter in the series is abrupt, nervous, and sometimes even gleeful. Someone becomes a punch line here, but it isn’t Lorena Bobbitt.