• Network: HBO Max
  • Series Premiere Date: May 27, 2020
3.0

There are no user reviews yet - Be first to review Love Life.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. May 27, 2020
    "Love Life" is not "My Best Friend's Wedding." At its best, it falls squarely in the "thing I wouldn't mind falling asleep to on a plane" genre. ... If "Love Life" suffers from its stale concept and execution, it is done no further favors by Kendrick's rote performance.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    May 27, 2020
    One would like to be less conscious of the fact that Darby is living a lie, or a series of them, or indeed is a character in a TV series; nevertheless, anyone who has has been in a relationship of any length will find some behavior here to accuse themselves of. ... Kendrick is well cast, and as an excuse to hang out in her company, “Love Life,” frustrating as it sometimes is, will do.
  3. Reviewed by: Judy Berman
    May 27, 2020
    I was not prepared for how much I disliked early episodes of this show ... Showrunners Sam Boyd and Bridget Bedard (backed by a team of executive producers that includes Kendrick and Paul Feig) spend much of the season leaning on worn-out romance tropes and overplaying the lead’s adorkable charm. It’s all too expected. ... And when, to its credit, the show finally heads for novel territory about five episodes in, it’s too little, too late.