• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2014
Season #: 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
4.1

1. Mar 19, 2018
    Used to enjoy it but no longer, especially since they added that boy/girl ? transgender who took over the show last night. Typical of CBS and the liberal entertainment/media people to use TV as a means of pushing their political agenda. I don't want to be associated with that type of BS.
  2. Nov 26, 2017
    Another politically correct move adding a Lesbian to the cast. Her character, her look, everything about her is disgusting. Do we really believe she would have a significant place in the White House with that look? No way, everything about this character her look, demeanor and behavior is not only unbelievable but repulsive. I'm going to find something else to watch.
  3. Dec 2, 2017
    Used to be a loyal viewer, but this in your face new character is too much for me. Madam Secretary is now off my DVR recording list. Too bad because there are some good people on the program, but Hollywood seems to have a need to throw this character at us for their on political correctness. Goodbye Madam Secretary!
  4. Jan 19, 2018
    This is still one of the best shows on television. Unfortunately, the Sunday night time slot hurts viewership, because you never know when the show will start, due to football running over. I have to set my DVR to record the show an extra hour, just to make sure I see the whole thing. Excellent writing, and excellent acting.
  5. Apr 12, 2018
    Getting tired and formula during the time a quality show should be reaching its stride.

They had to win the White House again by running as an independent - which is as unbelievable as it gets. A traditionally conservative president is goaded to liberal positions time and time again. Really miss the Nadine character, but maybe she saw the writing on the wall and bailed just in time.

Really miss the Nadine character, but maybe she saw the writing on the wall and bailed just in time. Getting frustrated with Tim Daly’s character. He needs to get forcibly retired and go back to being dad to the kids and arm candy for the Secretary. Don’t like the new “fixer” either. Doesn’t ring true. Bad casting.

Was hoping the president would take Beth on as his running mate and turn her into the first VP with a job that really matters. Since being a VP is a largely ceremonial position with occasional tie breaking votes in the Senate, why not just add that to her day job at State and show Washington real change in the status quo? A VP should not be a waste of space and selected only for votes in an election.

They lost an opportunity there.

Instead they are making this president and his administration more unbalanced and unbelievable each week. How sad that they have so little respect for the office to treat even a fictional president in this manner.

I predict this show will plod along for another season or two, due to mixed ratings starting late after football and all. Hopefully CBS will see this show is a fraction of its potential and pull the plug sooner rather than later.

This show needs to return to kicking ass and taking names on the world stage, or why would anyone want to watch anymore?

Addendum:
    Recent episodes have made some of my recommendations accurate. The husband is back to just teaching and being dad. The president was diagnosed with a brain issue to back off on his unpredictability. The kick ass attitude has made a bit of a return. We also found the VP is worthless in a crisis - which supports my contention that Elizabeth should have been both VP and Secretary of State (will never happen).

The show is not “fixed” by any means and there is still a lot to be desired regarding the scripts and the lackluster acting.
  6. Dec 10, 2017
    The first three seasons were good. They seemed to have more action and plots that engaged me as an audience. There was more sense of urgency in the stories. This fourth season, even before the loss of Bebe Neuwirth, the show seems to have gotten off to a slow start. The 12/10/17 episode I didn't even bother to watch to the end. But I have faith in the show that it will regain itsThe first three seasons were good. They seemed to have more action and plots that engaged me as an audience. There was more sense of urgency in the stories. This fourth season, even before the loss of Bebe Neuwirth, the show seems to have gotten off to a slow start. The 12/10/17 episode I didn't even bother to watch to the end. But I have faith in the show that it will regain its stride yet this season. Expand
  7. May 6, 2018
    05/06/18 This was the most implausible, unbelievable, boring, no action show I have ever watched & my dog could write a better plot. We have always enjoyed Madam Secretary - - hope nobody got paid for this cr.. I can write better than this garbage.
  8. Sep 27, 2018
    I adore this show. Love the cast of characters and the storylines created by the show’s writers.

There are no critic reviews yet.