• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2013
Season #: 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
7.2

1. Sep 4, 2019
    The writing has gotten really lazy. Some events and characters barely make any sense. I never liked Agents of Shield writing checks that they can't cash. Don't do things that you know you don't have the budget for. Enough with the world ending events, get back to some spying. Shield is a spy agency, it's not the Avengers. Even though I enjoy the cast and will likely finish watchingThe writing has gotten really lazy. Some events and characters barely make any sense. I never liked Agents of Shield writing checks that they can't cash. Don't do things that you know you don't have the budget for. Enough with the world ending events, get back to some spying. Shield is a spy agency, it's not the Avengers. Even though I enjoy the cast and will likely finish watching the series, it has been a frustrating watch. My favorite seasons so far has been the second half of season 1 and season 4. This is the worst season yet. Even fan favorite characters are losing interest for me, because of the weak writing. Coulson has become like a horror villain, he keeps coming back from the dead. The showrunners are more interested in continuing to work with friends, than honoring the integrity of the story. There's no sense of a well thought out structure or direction. Stuff just happens. Expand
  2. May 30, 2019
    I've thoroughly enjoyed the first five seasons of the show, even through the groanworthy copy/paste jobs of The Matrix and Alien. Three episodes into season 6 and so far I'm just not feeling the magic anymore. Season after season the writers keep leaning on "Mirror, Mirror" style plotlines where one of the team shows up as an evil version. We've now had Evil Daisy, Evil Fitz, Evil May, andI've thoroughly enjoyed the first five seasons of the show, even through the groanworthy copy/paste jobs of The Matrix and Alien. Three episodes into season 6 and so far I'm just not feeling the magic anymore. Season after season the writers keep leaning on "Mirror, Mirror" style plotlines where one of the team shows up as an evil version. We've now had Evil Daisy, Evil Fitz, Evil May, and now Evil Phil. It's like they have no other creative ideas.

Additionally, because the showrunners didn't know they were being picked up for season 6 until late, this is the first season where it's no longer directly tied to the proper MCU timeline. The final two episodes of Season 5 were directly driven by the events of Infinity War (Talbot being told of Thanos as his driving motivator to keep getting more Gravitonium; TV footage of New York following the Black Order's attack). Season 6 is off doing its own thing when it's supposed to take place after the Snappening and it feel like it has lost its way.

Season 5's season finale probably should have been the series finale as well.

There are no critic reviews yet.