• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 17, 2017
Season #: 2, 1
7.3

1. Jan 29, 2019
    The writers didn`t know how to make a succesful story in a mandatory 13 episodes season resulting in many pointless or repetitive scenes. Other Netflix series have been quite succesful with 8 to 10 episodes stories. First 5 episodes were very good and last three were also very entertaining...
  2. Feb 5, 2019
    " -Is that Lombardi's pizza?
    -Sausage and mushroom
    -Holy **** " Season 2 is great. Quality actions scenes, good acting and overall interesting plot. The only problem is mandatory 13 episodes rule. Because of that, in the middle of the season we get lenghty boring scenes. The whole scenario can be perfectly fitted into 9-10 episodes. But anyways, I do not regret watching punisher at
    " -Is that Lombardi's pizza?
    -Sausage and mushroom
    -Holy **** "

Season 2 is great. Quality actions scenes, good acting and overall interesting plot. The only problem is mandatory 13 episodes rule. Because of that, in the middle of the season we get lenghty boring scenes. The whole scenario can be perfectly fitted into 9-10 episodes. But anyways, I do not regret watching punisher at all. (Comparing to Luke Cage which I want to erase from my memory.)
  3. Feb 14, 2019
    If you compare this season with first season - the first is better in all ways in my opinion. However, I want to say that this season has different side of positive moments.
    Positives: the beautiful story that has evolution of main hero (Castle) by father's feeling. It's great and interesting, because in the first season we couldn't see it. Also, I like to see that the main story of season is ended and the story about an antagonist (John/Robert) who is no different from a protagonist in life values.
    Negatives: I saw many times movie bugs: in the shootings, dialogues between Billy and his doctor and etc.
  4. Feb 19, 2019
    Too many drawn out conversations that don't really give us additional insight into the characters but just slow down the story for the sake of slowing it down. I'm OK with slow material in the right doses and in the right places but this was too much. Other than that it had the same action style as S1 and managed to bring something new to the table in terms of psychology and moralityToo many drawn out conversations that don't really give us additional insight into the characters but just slow down the story for the sake of slowing it down. I'm OK with slow material in the right doses and in the right places but this was too much. Other than that it had the same action style as S1 and managed to bring something new to the table in terms of psychology and morality nuggets to think about. So while it's no longer a 9/10 like the first season, I can't go below a 7 because it did deliver in the end. Forced me into some fast-forwarding here and there, but it did deliver the goods. Expand
  5. Jan 19, 2019
    Great show. This is The Punisher! It's brutal, good acting and great action scenes.
  6. Jan 19, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked season 2 more than season 1, brutal, good soundtrack, overall good acting. Story was good and the villains pretty interesting. There were couple slow downs but still good ride all the way trough.
    but they were couple things.. other villain beside Billy were hit and miss, assassin was interesting but the old couple not so much.. Billy as Jigsaw was good in some points but i wanted to see Jigsaw "the psychopath" like in the comics...

And sadly, this season feels like a last season, they wrap up everything in this season and that makes me disappointed and sad.

I hope we meet again, Frank.
  7. Jan 20, 2019
    Frank is back! Great action and intense fights, Frank argues with the worse parts of himself. Only a few minor quibbles about supporting cast, but Bernthal is the punisher!
  8. Jan 22, 2019
    The Critics are wrong yet again. Amazing characters, plot twists and action sequences. ENJOY.
  9. Jan 18, 2019
    Honestly I wasn't a huge fan of the first season even though I loved Punisher's arch in the Daredevil series. However from some episodes I watched the second season seems to me way more enjoyable and I'm actually pretty excited about the new characters. Jon Bernthal is amazing (again!) as the Punisher. Can't wait to binge the rest of the show
  10. Jan 19, 2019
    Good show. lots of blood and action, and the story ain't too bad either. i hope second season has a good story.
  11. Jan 20, 2019
    Fantastic series. Anyone who read the comic book will love this series. Season one was spectacular. Season 2 was even better with the notable exception of the Season 2 Finale. The Last episode of season 2 was a serious let down, otherwise, every other episode was pretty spectacular.
  12. Jan 26, 2019
    Fantastic action and great characters. The interaction between Frank and Amy was great, hopefully there will be a season 3.
  13. Jan 22, 2019
    I really enjoyed this season of the Punisher. The interaction between Frank and Amy was great. It's a pity all the marvel shows have been cancelled.
  14. Jan 26, 2019
    A very satisfying ending to the various story and character arcs . A few laugh out loud moments as well and some great ultraviolence.
    The last 2 eps are worth watching over and over.
  15. Jan 21, 2019
    I hope that Marvel doesn't go by what the "professional" critics think. I swear if it were up to them we'd be watching the most boring T.V ever created. I loved Season 2 granted not quite as much as the first but, it was a fantastic action packed ride. Too bad that this will probably get cancelled because it doesn't pander to the the far right. If you are looking to be entertained andI hope that Marvel doesn't go by what the "professional" critics think. I swear if it were up to them we'd be watching the most boring T.V ever created. I loved Season 2 granted not quite as much as the first but, it was a fantastic action packed ride. Too bad that this will probably get cancelled because it doesn't pander to the the far right. If you are looking to be entertained and not preached at then I believe you will enjoy season 2 for sure. Expand
  16. Jan 26, 2019
    Amazing season, full of action scenes! Jon Bernthal as usual perfect as Frank Castle. LOved the fraternal chemistry between Frank and Amy.
    Cant wait for season 3! Make it happen Netflix!
  17. Jan 20, 2019
    If this is the last season of The Punisher, I'm glad it's going out on a high note. I'm halfway through the season so far, and believe me, it rocks just as much as season 1.
  18. Jan 21, 2019
    I am a huge fan of Punisher so if you're a snob and want to read something objective dont read my review.Generally i ll say that season 2 was not perfect but successful,the acting was wonderful by all cast members (even surgent mahoney ),great music,the fight scenes way too violent but awesome,the script was very interesting kept you on the edge (after the 3rd episode ).Also i really likedI am a huge fan of Punisher so if you're a snob and want to read something objective dont read my review.Generally i ll say that season 2 was not perfect but successful,the acting was wonderful by all cast members (even surgent mahoney ),great music,the fight scenes way too violent but awesome,the script was very interesting kept you on the edge (after the 3rd episode ).Also i really liked the relaytionship between amy and frank(i dont care if it wasnt on the comics i havent read them) the ending was surprising but not the best i think .To sum it up benthal did a great job as punisher and even if the scenario wasnt perfect i'd really want to binge watch the season 3 if it comes out 9/10 because punisher is one of my favourite marvel characters
    P.S sorry if my review wasnt what you wanted to hear
  19. Jan 24, 2019
    Season 1 was okay but not much more. Season 2 is better yet lacking in the brutality department.
    Acting is good, and Jon Bernthal does a good job with what he is given, just like the rest.
    What knocks this down most is that this season tries to tell 2 different stories, 2 stories that each would have deserved a season on their own. However, and this must be said. While season 1 was for
    However, and this must be said. While season 1 was for me a 6 this is a 7 closing on 8, a season 3 could easily be an 8 or 9 if they continue this trend.
    There are potentials here.
  20. Jan 28, 2019
    Great season. _punisherthumbsup.jpeg
    I was worried villains will be some shallow caricatures, I'm glad I was wrong. Everything improved from first season: a lot more action scenes, solid acting and story too. Easy to recommend.
    I hope Disney won't shut it down and there will be more seasons of Punisher. Out of all Marvel TV shows Punisher & Daredevil are the only ones that actually interesting.
  21. Jan 28, 2019
    I thoroughly enjoyed every single second of this blockbuster quality series.
    Critics are kind of obligated to rate it poorly though because it's not exactly kid friendly and most reviewers have minds of children so...
    I thoroughly enjoyed every single second of this blockbuster quality series.

Anyways, the portrayal of Frank Castle is the perfect combination of comic over the top and real world realism. That delicate yet beautiful middle ground every show like this strives for but so few achieve.

My only single complaint was that Jigsaw's face was just a little more messed up. He was still a pretty boy even with the scars.
  22. Jan 28, 2019
    Frank piles up a big body count in the second installment and Most will enjoy it. Especially those who like a lot of action and extreme violence. As long as they remember this is taken from a comic book. And just go along for the ride. It has the feel of implausible plot twists because that's what a comic does. Some will note the ridiculous amount of punishment people seem to be ableFrank piles up a big body count in the second installment and Most will enjoy it. Especially those who like a lot of action and extreme violence. As long as they remember this is taken from a comic book. And just go along for the ride. It has the feel of implausible plot twists because that's what a comic does. Some will note the ridiculous amount of punishment people seem to be able to take in fight sequences. In a fight sequence in the last episode Frank has a metal shovel broken over his head and it doesn't knock him out. He gets a chain punched into the back of his head about 5 times in that sequence. Doesn't faze him. His opponent in the fight is hit in the skull twice with a 10lb welding gas tank and doesn't go down. Frank will get a weight smashed into his face 10 times and the next day the swelling is miraculously gone. Also in the last episode a woman is thrown through a third story window onto the sidewalk below. Not only does she survive, but not long after is shown in the hospital without a scratch on her face. The main characters in the story are comic-book invincible. Everybody else is cannon fodder. If you can get past that silliness, enjoy. Expand
  23. Jan 29, 2019
    Haters gon hate. I thought this season was awesome and it really dug into a more psychological aspect of the whole good and bad people thing. And the punisher is ofc still a as badass as ever.
  24. Feb 4, 2019
    Good pacing, good characters. I would have liked a little more backstory on the villain, John as to why he was such a badass, but other than than, solid.
  25. Feb 5, 2019
    If you like asskickin', ball busting action films with lots of scores to settle and Frank Castle doin' his thing you can't beat The Punisher. No it's not for everyone, and yeah, it's a little over the top at times, but i loved it and hope like hell there is a Season 3.
  26. May 16, 2019
    We had heard some millennial-ism rumblings before the season that made us almost not watch it, but it was much better than we expected. The Punisher story is too dark for pansy millenial antics getting traction. Thank goodness.
  27. May 16, 2020
    Anyway, the Punisher is awesome. Yes, it has something to scold (uneven pace, sometimes a lot of chatter), but I do not want to. The story may be a little trivial, but not badly served. Good villains, great actors, interesting characters, good music and cool action.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Liz Shannon Miller
    Jan 18, 2019
    What makes this season of “The Punisher” work so well is that it feels less like a Season 2 and more like a Season 5, a standalone story in the established adventures of Frank Castle.
  2. Reviewed by: Alex Abad-Santos
    Jan 18, 2019
    In short, it’s a mixed bag. The show’s signature fight scenes are still fantastic, as is the Punisher himself, Jon Bernthal. But something seemed to go wrong in the writers’ room this go-round, and even with a new dynamic that changes Frank’s life, there are still some stories in play that might have been better wrapped up in season one.
  3. Reviewed by: Allison Shoemaker
    Jan 17, 2019
    Bernthal plays Castle as a man who feels doomed to repeat the same brutal cycle over and over again, convinced that there’s only one thing he’s good for, and that, sadly, is also true of the second season of this series: repetitive, bleak, and unwilling to admit that it might be capable of doing anything new.