Season #: 4, 3, 2, 1
8.5

1. Apr 1, 2018
    Mike Tyson Mysteries is making me laugh so hard! The characters are so hilarious and the jokes are just amazing!
  2. Jul 8, 2016
    This is the funniest show I've ever seen, South Park is second. It's Iron Mike as Scooby-Doo. In his interview at the NYPL, Tyson said he didn't want to do anything that didn't have the possibility of being humiliating.
  3. Feb 11, 2016
    Awesome carton. Kudos for Mike Tyson being able to laugh at himself, and double kudos if he came up with this idea. The writing is generally excellent, Norm MacDonald and Rachel Ramras and Jim Rash do excellent voice acting, and Tyson himself is superb. Never much cared for Tyson before, but this show makes me appreciate him.
  4. Nov 1, 2015
    The first couple of episode are decent but after that it just get even better. It is worth to watch for a quick laugh and a good parody for the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Also the second season opener was actually the best right and I am just expecting to see this show to grow.
  5. Jun 2, 2015
    It's outstanding. It's the kind of humor that I find genius. The kind of jokes that seem dumb at first blush, yet are done in a controlled chaos that is actually very intelligently applied. From Mike's pronunciation of some words, to Norm's un-PC jokes. It's funny. Like Family Guy was before Seth Macfarlane started using the show to bludgeon viewers with his pro-Democrat politics.
  6. Feb 23, 2015
    Mike Tyson Mysteries is one of the silliest shows on television. Adult Swim is really the only channel that could get away with broadcasting it. The whole show is essentially a parody of Scooby Doo. The characters are all just a random crew composed of a ghost, an alcoholic pigeon, Mike Tyson and his adopted teenage daughter. Its really funny watching Tyson's stupid character throughoutMike Tyson Mysteries is one of the silliest shows on television. Adult Swim is really the only channel that could get away with broadcasting it. The whole show is essentially a parody of Scooby Doo. The characters are all just a random crew composed of a ghost, an alcoholic pigeon, Mike Tyson and his adopted teenage daughter. Its really funny watching Tyson's stupid character throughout the series and his voice acting is terrible but it works. Pigeon, who is voiced by Norm MacDonald, is also a very funny character and is my personal favorite. The show is funny and I've enjoyed watching the whole season. The show is already renewed for a second season and I'm sure I'll be tuning in. Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2014
    This show is so much more funny than I thought it could be and I'm always glad to hear Norm's voice. I hope it gets renewed as I love this show for it's classic vibe and spot on writing for a show like this. The perfect amount of Saturday morning mixed into an adult swim show IMHO.
  8. Nov 18, 2014
    I'm rating this an 8 solely for the episode called "Is Magic Real?" which is one of the outright funniest cartoons I've ever seen in my life and at one point had me in tears!

Tyson's delivery is atrocious but that's the whole point, and the show builds around that - and demonstrates a hitherto unknown side of Mike that apparently has a sense of self-deprecating sense of humour. What is surprising is that the comedy is very well constructed, alternating between quick payoffs and the drawn out to create a feeling of pace and unpredictability to the script.

It's a wonderful addition to Adult Swim, but whoever came up with this concept and whoever approved it need their heads checking as it's absolutely insane!
  9. Nov 16, 2014
    I thought the first and second episodes were rough, although one of them had laugh out loud moments (can't remember which). The third one really nailed it, and I'm looking forward to more.
  10. Nov 5, 2014
    It has its funny moments and its meh moments. Good show nonetheless, I think Mike's crappy voice acting makes it a bit funnier too. I would stick around for the rest of the season

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Kyle Anderson
    Oct 27, 2014
    The show nails a stellar one-two punch, playing the rapid-fire barbs exchanged between the pigeon and Queensberry against Tyson's straight-ahead buzz-saw gags.
  2. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Oct 27, 2014
    Mike Tyson Mysteries is highbrow lowbrow lampoon, alternately smart and stupid, dizzy and disgusting.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 27, 2014
    The first episode is fairly entertaining in an absurdist way.