Season #: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
8.9

1. Dec 18, 2016
    I really wanted to like this series, being a fan of ' Boardwalk Empire' and the Sopranos, but the writing is flat, formulaic and shows nothing of the wit, or accent that midlanders are famous for. This predictable writing style promotes weak performances. A waste of good actors.
  2. Mar 13, 2018
    I really wanted to like this series. I made it through the first 2 seasons but found the writing to be flat and boring. The setting is great and that is why I elivated my review to a solid 2 but I did not have the ability to stick with a slow moving story that has no heart.
  3. Jan 9, 2017
    Bookmakers, tripatouilleurs et voyous à Birmingham juste après la Première Guerre Mondiale, ambiance éventuellement sordide au rendez-vous mais bien peu de crédibilité et de vraisemblance dans ces scénarios tirés d'un chapeau, pour ne pas dire d'une pochette-surprise.

A peine 6 épisodes pour la première saison et pourtant quelle lenteur, quelle mollesse et tous ces personnages à la fois éculés et transparents tirent encore un peu plus vers le bas cette série-baudruche dont la ringardise ne vient pas seulement de l'époque traitée mais de l'ensemble de son traitement bâclé et aseptisé.

Une sorte de coup d'épée dans l'eau, non pas une eau claire mais une soupe froide et croupie qu'on a tenté de réchauffer en catastrophe au micro-ondes. Bref, un paquet de merde.
  4. Aug 29, 2016
    Series one was decent......7 out of 10. Series 2 is absolutely awful. Tom Hardy and the Italian gangster are the worst villains ive seen in a long time. Actually, the Italian guy......flat out the worst villain i have ever seen committed to screen. Honestly he feels like he belongs in an episode of Little Britain. And why no character development for Thomas Shelby in series 2? Series 1Series one was decent......7 out of 10. Series 2 is absolutely awful. Tom Hardy and the Italian gangster are the worst villains ive seen in a long time. Actually, the Italian guy......flat out the worst villain i have ever seen committed to screen. Honestly he feels like he belongs in an episode of Little Britain. And why no character development for Thomas Shelby in series 2? Series 1 gets a 7, series 2 gets 0. Expand
  5. Dec 3, 2018
    I wanted to like it. It frustrates me that i don't. It's just so boring- worse than a boring lecture because atleast you learn something in class. Speeches are dragged out, NOTHING happens, dialogue is unclear (forced to use subs); worse start to a series. I'm banging my head to stay awake because i'd rather stare at a wall and reflect on my thoughts.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Oct 3, 2014
    Peaky Blinders is literate (watch for the visual references to “L’Atalante” and Charon’s crossing) and sometimes great looking, with impressive evocations of hellish industrial sections of Birmingham that have a science-fiction feel. But for a sprawling soap opera that packs in Roma curses, shell shock, hash pipes, Chinatown prostitutes and gang members sporting the 1919 version of a half-shaved boy-band haircut, it doesn’t have quite enough juice.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Oct 3, 2014
    It’s a respectable but chilly effort, fine for those who choose to invest the time but hardly a loss should one turn a blind eye.