Season #: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
8.9

1. Oct 6, 2014
    At the time that I am writing this there have only been two tepid critics reviews about this show. This is my first metacritic review as a result, Though I write a lot of reviews on IMDB. I simply have to throw my two cents in and say I think this is the third best show ever created for TV behind Breaking Bad and The Wire. Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill head up a great cast that alsoAt the time that I am writing this there have only been two tepid critics reviews about this show. This is my first metacritic review as a result, Though I write a lot of reviews on IMDB. I simply have to throw my two cents in and say I think this is the third best show ever created for TV behind Breaking Bad and The Wire. Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill head up a great cast that also includes strong work from Annabelle Wallis and several others. I dare you not to binge watch this on Netflix. It has a fantastic anachronistic soundtrack, a phenomenal bleak look, and just a great great story. Season one has one of the greatest cliffhanger endings ever, and season 2 which I have not seen yet, has Tom Hardy starring. I am blown away that the two critics reviews here are so low. But this is one phenomenal show. Expand
  2. Oct 23, 2014
    This is one of best all around series there is on TV. The writing is impeccable, the sets are perfect, and the acting is worthy of a few awards when they come around.
  3. Oct 23, 2014
    Astonished at the lacklustre reviews for such a fantastic series. Peaky Blinders is fast-paced and gripping, a great thrill with the icing on top being the extremely talented cast. There are elements of mystery and lots of clever plotting, and the series is not without heart. Have not enjoyed anything like this since 'Breaking Bad'. Cillian Murphy was simply born to play Thomas Shelby. IAstonished at the lacklustre reviews for such a fantastic series. Peaky Blinders is fast-paced and gripping, a great thrill with the icing on top being the extremely talented cast. There are elements of mystery and lots of clever plotting, and the series is not without heart. Have not enjoyed anything like this since 'Breaking Bad'. Cillian Murphy was simply born to play Thomas Shelby. I hope this series lives on for many a season. Give it a shot! Expand
  4. Nov 27, 2014
    As of right now there are only TWO critic reviews for Peaky Blinders... and they are both quite average. This show may start a bit slow but the writing and acting are second to none. I know it might be a trend as of late to have the antihero as the star of a show... but Peaky Blinders absolutely nails it where others seem to fail.

Watch this Series. Easily the best Netflix Original out there.
  5. Oct 19, 2014
    An excellent drama so far. I watch it with my wife. The clever plotting of Tommy Shelby and the Peaky Blinders is gripping. Costumer and set design are excellent. Also, there is depth to the main characters.
  6. Jan 21, 2015
    Everything about this show oozes quality. The cast, the set designs, the writing and the directing are all top notch. Season 1 does a great job of establishing the characters before moving them into some very harrowing but believable situations. I can't wait to see what Season 2 has in store, especially knowing that Tom Hardy is joining the already stellar cast.
  7. Jun 14, 2015
    Only a few episodes in but already can't wait to see where this series goes. Cillian Murphy is riveting, the setting is surreal, and the music is all over the map and really sets the mood. Just an all-around excellent show, one of the few that seems to really put some time and effort into the details.
  8. Nov 29, 2014
    Just to concur with everyone else - this is a superb series, on of the very few British series to compete with the best of HBO, and the two luke-warm critics reviews are unfathomable.

It's highly stylised (the sets don't pretend to be realistic, Nick Cave's music works great, the semi-modern haircuts somehow links the two eras) but what a relief from regular British gangster cockney gangster films. Fantastic performances, particularly from the stunningly charismatic Cillian Murphy and the divine Helen McCrory, but, most of all, a gripping, ingenious, witty, phenomenal script.
  9. Feb 1, 2015
    What an outstanding show. It's hard to believe that it's been so overlooked by the critics. The ensemble cast is absolute quality. It's a mesmerising performance by Cillian Murphy, Sam Neill is menacing and brilliant, in fact the chemistry with the whole cast is top notch. A wonderful period drama, that matches Boardwalk Empire's authenticity, with a whole lot more grittiness and humanity.What an outstanding show. It's hard to believe that it's been so overlooked by the critics. The ensemble cast is absolute quality. It's a mesmerising performance by Cillian Murphy, Sam Neill is menacing and brilliant, in fact the chemistry with the whole cast is top notch. A wonderful period drama, that matches Boardwalk Empire's authenticity, with a whole lot more grittiness and humanity. Against the backdrop of an industrializing Britain just recovering from World War 1, its men returning harrowed and scarred, it's women not so easily pushed back into their place. It's a crime family drama worthy of the Sopranos, steeped in the issues of 1919, but intensely personal, grounded in family values and the search for human connection. Expand
  10. Jan 2, 2015
    Amazing stuff. Great performances. Cillian Murphy is more than a pretty face, ocean blue eyes and a great back side. He's the real deal. Sam Neill, Helen McCrory, Paul Anderson, Iddo Goldberg, Annabelle Wallis, Joe Cole all outstanding.
  11. Jun 14, 2015
    I binge watched up to and including episode 4 of season 2, then my friend came in and saw the last few minutes of an episode; we proceeded to start from the very beginning and binged it to the end of season 2. This was in exam season so this show may just have lowered my uni grades by 5 or 10%
  12. Sep 15, 2015
    I just finished watching the entire first season Netflix. I can't believe this show has not gotten more attention. The acting and direction are very good, and the writing is superb, which is pretty hard to come by. The sets are nothing special, and the music score a bit out of place for a story that was supposed to happen 100 years ago, but these are pretty minor quibbles.
  13. Nov 18, 2015
    Awesome show. Highly recommend. I love the characters and the atmosphere and the way the entire show was shot. My only complaint is that it starts off pretty slow and was a little hard to for me to catch on. It took me a few episodes to really get hooked into it, but it turned out to be a very good show. I'm very much looking forward to the next season.
  14. May 13, 2016
    I don't understand the low ratings of the two critic reviews. Peaky Blinders is one of the best shows I've seen so far. I totally recommend watching it. Cillian Murphy also delivers an outstanding performance, just like the whole cast of the series.
  15. Mar 31, 2016
    There is not much i can say about this series apart from its absolutely amazing, outstanding and is a masterpiece. The characters all play a huge part and each ones acting is incredible. All the time spent watching this is certainly worth it. Each episode runs smoothly and makes sense one after the other while your engaged with great story, they is also plenty of action and breathtakingThere is not much i can say about this series apart from its absolutely amazing, outstanding and is a masterpiece. The characters all play a huge part and each ones acting is incredible. All the time spent watching this is certainly worth it. Each episode runs smoothly and makes sense one after the other while your engaged with great story, they is also plenty of action and breathtaking moments.

Story and plot- 10/10
    characters- 10/10
    acting- 10/10
    voicing- 10/10
  16. Oct 28, 2014
    The First season is definitely above average. It has an original style and flow to it which I like a lot. The dialogue is pretty believable for the most part, and so too is the acting. The story is fun to watch but after awhile it does become a tad repetitive and or rather uninspired, particularly in the second season. Overall, its worth the watch for sure.
  17. Nov 5, 2014
    Brilliant. The acting is superb in this gangster period piece. The writing is top notch and well thought out. No idea how the critics could get this wrong. As we get into season 2 the violence, story and characters continue to develop as we know that the creators know where they want to go with the series. This is a must watch!
  18. Nov 11, 2014
    I did forget to mention one thing. I wanted to like Grace, but couldn't manage it. I do like Charlotte Riley's character and find her a lot more interesting. Please, please make Grace go away. I
  19. Apr 5, 2015
    I'll just say what most other reviewers are, just try this show simply for Cillian Murphy. This is all that really needs to be said to get you started. After you do start you will then understand why people keep watching and why some users are putting it in their top 5. I haven't finished the series just yet (up to s2e4) but I can definitely see me making some changes to my top all time list.
  20. Nov 15, 2017
    One of the best TV shows of the 21st century up there with the Wire and Breaking Bad, And in Birmingham no less, the unloved and forgotten second city of England. Whose people and accents are mocked up and down the country and even internationally.....until now that is.

Cillian Murphy and his co stars have made Birmingham cool. The sartorial style, the haircuts, The atmosphere of The Knick only more invigorated, Surpassing the menace of Boardwalk empire by a country mile, A music director who understands the Gothic nature of the industrial world. A great story of an unloved time told in a compelling manner. Outstanding in every department
  21. Oct 10, 2014
    I'm shocked to see just two critic reviews, each with subpar ratings of the show. My wife and I have been thoroughly gripped by this series. Cilian Murphy is lights-out. He is mesmerizing on screen, and the ultimate Alpha Male in this show. While the show has a bit of violence, it's nothing overwhelming. My wife has turned her eyes away a few times, but it's not at all over-the-topI'm shocked to see just two critic reviews, each with subpar ratings of the show. My wife and I have been thoroughly gripped by this series. Cilian Murphy is lights-out. He is mesmerizing on screen, and the ultimate Alpha Male in this show. While the show has a bit of violence, it's nothing overwhelming. My wife has turned her eyes away a few times, but it's not at all over-the-top (at least, not through episode 4 of Season 1). Expand
  22. Oct 7, 2014
    As a english bloke I have been wondering when this show would be going to the states. With a fantastic cast this show is well worth your time. It has been called a british boardwalk empire which in some ways it is. With only six episodes a series, things move at a swifter pace than boardwalk empire. The entire cast is excellent. In comparison to other british shows it is brand new. And IAs a english bloke I have been wondering when this show would be going to the states. With a fantastic cast this show is well worth your time. It has been called a british boardwalk empire which in some ways it is. With only six episodes a series, things move at a swifter pace than boardwalk empire. The entire cast is excellent. In comparison to other british shows it is brand new. And I am glad that Birmingham England's second city is finally being featured on tv. Though the accents are a little hit and miss you overlook. I doubt american would have heard accents like these on tv before. My only gripe with this show is the over use of the soundtrack. The music is fine, very good even however it is absolutly overused in this show. Plus season 2 has Tom Hardy. Expand
  23. Jan 4, 2015
    Critic reviews are, in my opinion, completely misleading and lacking of any substance or reasoning. With that said, as my first review I must say that this is THE best Netflix Original Series to date.

The series is set in a Post-WW1 Birmingham and London, and focuses around a powerful gang known as the Peaky Blinders, and their struggles to rise up in the ranks. The series is very

The series is very reminiscent of Boardwalk Empire, but with it's own style. One of my favorite aspects of the show is how connects to historical events and figures, and that it sheds a light into the bleak aftermath of the first world war. Dealings among rival gangs and more well-known Communist movement as well as Irish Republican Army (IRA) are what made the show very interesting, and unique.

The casting of Cillian Murphy and Sam Neil is absolutely brilliant, as is the rest of the supporting cast (including Tom Hardy in Season 2). The soundtrack is another key component that very much adds to the drama and sheer badassery that makes up this great series.

This IS the netflix series to watch.
  24. Oct 10, 2014
    Gritty, grimy, relentlessly enthralling. British at its best! No American gloss. (I can see why the first two "critics" didn't get it.) If you liked Luther give this a whirl.
  25. Oct 19, 2014
    Absolutely addicting.Gripping story lines. Beautiful cinematography. Wonderful acting. Awesome soundtrack. Gorgeous in all its violence. The bbc has a winner.
  26. Dec 5, 2014
    What to say about a series this amazing? Where to start? Who to focus on?

What to say about a series this amazing? Where to start? Who to focus on?

Well lets start at the beginning...Cillian Murphy, Helen McCrory, Sam Neill, Paul Anderson & Annabelle Wallis turn out simply stunning performances, They really suck you into each of their respective characters and all blend together to produce a visually stunning, superbly scripted, quality produced and musically themed wonderment of modern day television.

It is virtually unheard of for me to watch any period television and as a result I nearly let this slip by me. Never in my life have I been so glad for taking a random punt on a TV series.

In conclusion this is nearing a 10 outta 10 and a piece of television I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND to everyone.
  27. Jun 8, 2015
    The two critic reviews - and why only two? - are very misleading. This is one of the best British shows in recent years, with a stellar performance from Cillian Murphy as the central character. While similar to Boardwalk Empire in mood and setting, I find the characters more empathetic and the scenario more compelling. Well worth checking out - and I shall certainly be bypassing those twoThe two critic reviews - and why only two? - are very misleading. This is one of the best British shows in recent years, with a stellar performance from Cillian Murphy as the central character. While similar to Boardwalk Empire in mood and setting, I find the characters more empathetic and the scenario more compelling. Well worth checking out - and I shall certainly be bypassing those two 'critics' in future. Expand
  28. Jan 11, 2015
    If you like Breaking Bad, Sopranos, SoA or Game of Thrones then this is the show you have been waiting for....

Can you remember how boring the first few episodes of all your favourite shows were? Breaking Bad was a victim of this and it turned in to the highest rated show of all time, one I have watched several times. Peaky Blinders is no different. We expect too much from a first 20

Peaky Blinders is no different. We expect too much from a first 20 mins of a show that we give up too easily. I was hooked by the end of the 2nd episode. Its almost like what Boardwalk Empire COULD have been if they went a different direction. The acting and writing and soundtrack are AMAZING and the plot gets better with each episode. Tommy Shelby is quite easily my favourite character on TV and is giving Walter White cause for concern. Stop what you are doing and watch the first 3 episodes. Somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd episode you were discover that you are in love.
  29. May 13, 2016
    Great atmosphere and solid cast and crew. Title song by Nick Cave fits the show perfectly: dark and twisted but aways interesting. Seldom seem location and fascinating historical era.
  30. May 6, 2017
    Yo ya había visto 'Peaky blinders' y me gustó mucho, pero mucha gente seguía diciendo que una de las tres mejores series de televisión en emisión actualmente. Asique, decidí volver a verla para ver si me había perdido algo que no hubiera visto anteriormente. Y efectivamente, ya desde esta primera temporada 'Peaky blinders' resulta una serie brutal, sensacional.

El guión y como esta

El guión y como esta escrita es increíble, un puzzle perfectamente encajado con todas sus piezas. Con una trama principal repleta de giros, coherencia y momentazos. Y compuesta de unas tramas secundarias que van desarrollando perfectamente a todos los personajes.

Los personajes son sensacionales (cosa que ya sabía de antes) con 'Tommy', Arthur y John Shelby, en lo que es, claramente, una aproximación a 'El padrino'.

Es una serie muy "molona" con unos planos, en ocasiones, de los Shelby acompañados de una música rock. Sensacional. Por poner algún "pero", diré, que para mí sigue siendo inferior a 'Boardwalk empire' por donde la mire. Y también que es una serie que se limita puramente a sus tramas, dramas de personajes y estas cosas. No es una serie que te deje reflexionando en sus escenas o al final de un capítulo. No tiene ese tono "HBO" que si está, por ejemplo, en "The Sopranos".

En definitiva, increible temporada ya esta primera. Estoy revisando ya la segunda y sigue subiendo. Genial, un 9, ¡por orden de los Peaky blinders!
  31. Jul 22, 2018
    Thrilling, atmospheric and well acted. However Adrian Brody as the Italian does not fit.
  32. Jan 11, 2018
    After watching all available seasons(4 of them), i can say that is is one of the best tv dramas I've ever seen. Great writing, great character progression and development, appropriate amounts of action and violence, and a great story to boot. The two critic reviews that are currently out are not at all an accurate depiction of the state of the show. Worth a watch!!
  33. May 28, 2018
    1919 Birmingham England was not a pretty place …. Nor were the people who lived there. Suffering the maladies of the "Lost Generation" they did not have the benefit of an industrial revolution neither could they find solace in the social reforms that would later make life livable. The only thing more rampant than the era’s crime is the cruelty of law enforcement. On its face, Peaky1919 Birmingham England was not a pretty place …. Nor were the people who lived there. Suffering the maladies of the "Lost Generation" they did not have the benefit of an industrial revolution neither could they find solace in the social reforms that would later make life livable. The only thing more rampant than the era’s crime is the cruelty of law enforcement. On its face, Peaky Blinders is the story of the Shelbys, a Brummie crime family whose loyalty to one another is as admirable as their methodology is disgusting. Even so, Peaky Blinders is a story of survival: The luck of living through WWI’s trench warfare and the attempt to survive its aftermath; Survival of the age’s squalid existence in England’s largest industrialized city; and most of all the survival of the Shelbys’ unbridled ascent to the apex of England’s crime world.
    Thomas Selby (Cillian Murphy) is a cerebral as the patriarch. He isn't the eldest but is astute and most capable. Of course, Thomas is a womanizer but does so with tact and suave. Sort of a Michael Corleone meets Chuck Bass. Murphy is brilliant bringing elegance to debauchery. He reminds one of a young Johnny Depp but less eccentric. Directors should consider him for every drama casted.
    Every crime family needs a dominant female and the Shelbys are no different: Aunt Polly (Helen McCrory) is the family’s strength. She exhibits a unique dichotomy: She is as tough as the situation dictates yet maintains the family unity with a mother’s femininity. Don’t get me wrong. Polly has a plethora of her own problems. She is not perfect but she is that which the Shelbys need. The dirt and dignity which McCrory brings to the role is amazing … clearly deserving award consideration.
    The writing of Peaky Blinders is extraordinary! Storylines are intricate yet are finely blended together allowing coherence. Most importantly, the writing is true to the era (as are the costumes!) which allows the viewer a much greater appreciation of not only the work but the era. On a parallel yet extremely important note, the soundtrack is cutting edge and quite frankly one of the best endeavors I’ve seen in recent years. Comprised of English artists (as you might guess) the music is as important to the enjoyment of the series as is its actors, writing and cinematography.
    Peaky Blinders is a great series! Even so, I don't beleive it to be bingeable. Do yourself a favor. Watch an episode and wait awhile. Allow yourself time to analyze the plot and enjoy not only the acting/technical talent but most importantly the era.
  34. Jan 14, 2015
    Reminds me of a Brit version of Boardwalk Empire only with more violence. Think Boardwalk Empire crossed with Banshee. Set in industrial Birmingham circa 1920. Beautiful sets, great acting, great costumes, intelligent, and good writing most of the time. I am very, very fussy about quality and easily bored and I will not watch a show that does not capture my imagination right away. PeakyReminds me of a Brit version of Boardwalk Empire only with more violence. Think Boardwalk Empire crossed with Banshee. Set in industrial Birmingham circa 1920. Beautiful sets, great acting, great costumes, intelligent, and good writing most of the time. I am very, very fussy about quality and easily bored and I will not watch a show that does not capture my imagination right away. Peaky Blinders grabs your attention right away and holds it. I've watched two seasons now and I will be watching for the third one. Expand
  35. Feb 25, 2015
    What a superb production. The set and the photography are of a very, very high standard, while the score seems to be the star of the show. But make no mistake about it, while some of the Birmingham accents are dodgy, the acting is top notch. Cillian Murphy nails it as the gang leader while Tom Hardy is sublime when he arrives in series 2. This is certainly worth a look - as polished aWhat a superb production. The set and the photography are of a very, very high standard, while the score seems to be the star of the show. But make no mistake about it, while some of the Birmingham accents are dodgy, the acting is top notch. Cillian Murphy nails it as the gang leader while Tom Hardy is sublime when he arrives in series 2. This is certainly worth a look - as polished a production that's ever come out of the UK. Steven Knight's vision is amazing, the plot lines constantly excite... Expand
  36. May 27, 2015
    I confirm the views of the others — this is an excellent series, pretty much along the lines of Boardwalk Empire. Not sure what they (the critics) didn't like about it, it's really good in all phases. Warning: It is hyper-violent, but not more so than, e.g., Game of Thrones. I wonder how a junky re-make like Fargo (TV version) gets 40 reviews and 85 on Metacritic, and this is not evenI confirm the views of the others — this is an excellent series, pretty much along the lines of Boardwalk Empire. Not sure what they (the critics) didn't like about it, it's really good in all phases. Warning: It is hyper-violent, but not more so than, e.g., Game of Thrones. I wonder how a junky re-make like Fargo (TV version) gets 40 reviews and 85 on Metacritic, and this is not even worth looking at. Expand
  37. Jul 7, 2015
    This is one of the best TV series I have ever seen with exceptional dialogue, photography, and acting. It reminded me of Scorsese "Gangs of New York" in terms of the attention to detail and cinematic sweep and in its ability to evoke a turn of the century time period. Many in my office have binge watched the first season and all agreed how exceptional this show was. It is an enthrallingThis is one of the best TV series I have ever seen with exceptional dialogue, photography, and acting. It reminded me of Scorsese "Gangs of New York" in terms of the attention to detail and cinematic sweep and in its ability to evoke a turn of the century time period. Many in my office have binge watched the first season and all agreed how exceptional this show was. It is an enthralling and enjoyable series and season two is even better than the first. Expand
  38. Aug 10, 2015
    This series is breathtaking in every sense views. The soundtrack is great, the shots are magniques. One enters the universe from the beginning of générique.Cette series quickly becomes addictive. In short, to look absolutely !
  39. Aug 23, 2015
    Peaky Blinders is an underrated gangster series from Netflix/BBC. The setting is early 20th Century Birmingham, England. The Peaky Blinders gang run an illegal network of gambling and bookkeeping. Sets and costumes are period appropriate. The action, drama and romance are equally well done. Six hour-long episodes make up season one. Each episode is better than the previous.
  40. Dec 23, 2017
    The writing and production are masterful, and is undoubtedly one of the best TV shows to come out in the past few decades. Cillian Murphy is captivating as Thomas Shelby, and Tom Hardy is as enchanting in his role of Alfie Solomons as Murphy is. Each season sees the Blinders progress to new successes and challenges, with the stakes increasingly becoming greater. As of this review, theThe writing and production are masterful, and is undoubtedly one of the best TV shows to come out in the past few decades. Cillian Murphy is captivating as Thomas Shelby, and Tom Hardy is as enchanting in his role of Alfie Solomons as Murphy is. Each season sees the Blinders progress to new successes and challenges, with the stakes increasingly becoming greater. As of this review, the fourth series has been released and is one of the most powerful seasons of television I have ever seen. Adrian Brody gives an unforgettable and Emmy worthy performance as Luca Changretta. You will sit on the edge of your seat to hear every word he utters, and observe every minute gesture he makes. Spectacular. Expand
  41. Oct 10, 2016
    Just amazing, the costumes, the acting, the music, just brilliant. Again English actors and directors are just insanely good, so we'll done. And great wardrobe so true to the time. Just can't say enough about how good the series and the acting is, a must watch.
  42. Dec 17, 2018
    if you like vikings, you will like this. you will also start wearing flat caps and talking like a cockney brit. Cillian Murphy, ( the main guy ) plays Tommy Shelby, a charming and highly intelligent Birmingham gangsta. The story is a play on stoic masculinity and a mans addiction to work. You follow Tommy in this dangerous world and cant help but feel apart of his calculated criminal genius.
  43. Feb 25, 2016
    I'm really enjoying the 2 seasons I've seen of this drama. The show has a slow burn to it. All the actors are wonderful and pull you into their world. The only critique I can give the show is that the songs (not the score music) take you out of the moments way too often. That would turn 9 points into 8. The voices and clumsy lyrics are almost like having commercials that keep popping upI'm really enjoying the 2 seasons I've seen of this drama. The show has a slow burn to it. All the actors are wonderful and pull you into their world. The only critique I can give the show is that the songs (not the score music) take you out of the moments way too often. That would turn 9 points into 8. The voices and clumsy lyrics are almost like having commercials that keep popping up in the show. Personally I think it could use more score music and less songs to keep you more connected to the emotions that actors have made. Cillian's looks can mesmerize, and Tom Hardy is wonderful with his quirkitudes. And what a treat to have Sam Neil play the bad guy! Expand
  44. Jan 1, 2018
    This is a great series in so many ways that have been touched upon by the other users comments. As for the two clowns (critics) that reviewed this and gave it a 50, they obviously botched this one, must have lousy taste in shows, and been having a very bad day when they reviewed Peaky Blinders.
  45. Feb 3, 2018
    Peaky Blinders é uma série britânica acima da média.Embora com ótimas atuações, alguns episódios se tornam fillers.
  46. Jun 18, 2017
    i'm totally addicted to this show. I heard about it and kept putting it off then ended up finally starting it and watched all three seasons in three days. Cillian Murphy is an amazing actor in this but none of the cast is bad. Highly recommend.
  47. Aug 10, 2018
    6 episodes, nothing more, it's good to be concise from time to time.
    Cillian Murphy is excellent. Excellent ambience, great music, good performances, an attractive story. Without doubt Peaky Blinders is a great option and I'm very happy to have found the series.
  48. Jul 2, 2018
    Imágenes que te dejan muy impactado junto a las situaciones que se crean a lo largo de los episodios, la trama hasta los capítulos finales es un poco floja.
  49. Mar 3, 2021
    Uma das melhores séries que existem eu recomendo ela é maravilhosa mesmo.
  50. Nov 29, 2018
    This show is in my top 5 right now, it is that good IMO. The acting is great and the story lines are intriguing. I would recommend this show to anyone that likes a slower paced gangster/period show.
  51. Feb 17, 2019
    Perfect TV Show. I could recommend it for the entire world. Perfect soundtrack, scenario and crew. Good work, BBC.
  52. Feb 10, 2019
    Here to give this series a fookin' 10! Amazing. Amazing story and characters. Really captivating with great acting and maybe the best soundtrack in recent memory. I've also found my next halloween costume, going as a Blinder!!
  53. Jun 2, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iconic!amazing intro season,with each episode it was getting more and more engaging and exciting it was awesome,the music was phenomenal and the intro it was uniquely amazing,the visuals and the atmosphere of time period piece it was stunningly awesome.the acting was great the character and the gangs with the political figures they were amazing,the bashing of Commie's and the other side of politics were amazingly showcased!Every episode was getting more and more awesome.the starting episode was great as intro to Peaky Blinders and all gang thing with Officer and grace,the Guns stealing thing was surprising and the whole aftermath of war was hard-hitting,the Aunt was awesome the whole conflicts between the Ada's baby and the relations were amazing and the pay off at last was satisfying,the lee brothers fight and later marriage of John was amazing,the politics and strategies was well played by the Thomas the race thing and horse was great,the Father scene at start was great with the twist it was literally mind-blowing and heart-breaking it was really sad for Arthur and he's attempt to suicide,the dealing scene with grace being with other men and breaking that by Thomas was lovely the chemistry and build-up of there relationship was amazing,the last 2-3 episodes were shockingly awesome,the bar gun fight with grace was breathtakingly great and the Grace's last help in the finding of Guns and after that the propose of senior officer to her it was disgusting and dark the whole heartbreaking thing of officer and the brothel thing and all that things after that was literally worst hated all that,the last episode with the reuniting of Ada's family was sweet the speech before the war and the music it was pure masterpiece scene the walkway to fight with the costumes were literally iconic and great,the Guns and men's outnumbered thing was awesome counter move thing,then the firing to chest it was outta nowhere shocking and at last satisfying although sad for the war hero saving Thomas getting hit ,he was very sensitively amazing character and the middle of the war the baby thing and speech of Ada was insanely great,the other conflicts and finding out of Grace's thing and the conversation with Aunt Polly was heartbreaking and great the aftermath was sad to the relationship as Officer told to Thomas "by the end of the day heart will be broken",it was sad.the last letter and the shot before credits it was literally insane as hell it was purely surprising and great,Overall a great start to the iconic series,it was amazing season although hate the officer side of thing!it was visually stunning,iconic and entertaining A Masterpiece! Expand
  54. Feb 17, 2020
    Смотрела только один сезон, но уже этого хватило чтобы понять - сериал стильный, захватывающий, что еще надо?
  55. Mar 8, 2020
    Шикарный сериал, цепляет с первых эпизодов и не отпускает до конца
  56. Mar 12, 2020
    Very amtospheric and stylish, costumes and decorations fit very well, acting on top
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Oct 3, 2014
    Peaky Blinders is literate (watch for the visual references to “L’Atalante” and Charon’s crossing) and sometimes great looking, with impressive evocations of hellish industrial sections of Birmingham that have a science-fiction feel. But for a sprawling soap opera that packs in Roma curses, shell shock, hash pipes, Chinatown prostitutes and gang members sporting the 1919 version of a half-shaved boy-band haircut, it doesn’t have quite enough juice.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Oct 3, 2014
    It’s a respectable but chilly effort, fine for those who choose to invest the time but hardly a loss should one turn a blind eye.