• Network: ABC
Season #: 2, 1
8.8

1. AmyH
    Jul 26, 2009
    This series is brilliant and it's is a horrid shame that it was cancelled. Pushing Daisies was unique and quirky, it's disgusting that American TV producers leave on trashy, mindless series that are carbon copies of one another and pull fresh new show off the air.
  2. TacoJ.
    Sep 6, 2009
    Absolutely brilliant! Nice plot, nice acting, great setting and a very defined personality. It's a real shamed to see this show being canceled.
  3. FaustttD
    Nov 6, 2008
    Besides the beautiful imagery, its originality, and stellar performances of the cast, this season extends the "mystery of the week" elements into the personal backstories of the characters. Chuck's family, Cod's daughter (and mother), Ned's father and the mysterious stranger hunting him down, are all interesting story elements that only add to the show. A nice touch this Besides the beautiful imagery, its originality, and stellar performances of the cast, this season extends the "mystery of the week" elements into the personal backstories of the characters. Chuck's family, Cod's daughter (and mother), Ned's father and the mysterious stranger hunting him down, are all interesting story elements that only add to the show. A nice touch this season is a much more noticeable dark and adult humor (Ned's use of 'devices' on chuck, the scene of them taking away dead clown after dead clown in one episode, are examples). Excellent show that I hope continues for a very long time. Expand
  4. Greg
    Oct 2, 2008
    This is one of the better shows on television. The sad part is: the critics love it and it's on a Wednesday night. As with most shows that are very good, that can spell cancellation if enough people don't watch it. I really urge people to give this show a try.
  5. LincLink
    Dec 20, 2008
    This is probably my favorite show ever...& I'm 44 years old. It is a crime that it is being canceled... I hope some other network picks it up!! Blessings!!
  6. Anderscuomo
    Oct 3, 2008
    Let's hope it the writers strike didn't doom this unique, creative show.
  7. MikeB.
    Oct 7, 2008
    Great dialogue and cool imagery don't make up for the incredibly poor quality of the mysteries. At it's core each week Pushing Daisy's is a who-done-it mystery. Only problem is, the mystery is contrived, impossible to follow and never rewarding. The writers need some help.
  8. GiaT
    Nov 14, 2008
    I love this show! But, season two seems to need a little bit more of a - push...? - to put it up there with the 10 that I give season one; I really do hope it makes it.
  9. GideonA
    Nov 1, 2008
    This show is not really about solving mysteries as such, its more about the mystery of life and love itself. This season is so great in that it follows up with all the promise of the difficult story line introduced in the first season. The characters just build and build wonderfully.
  10. MichaelH.
    Oct 1, 2008
    I loved season one, but in my opinion, you should add a little amperage to the season that follows. In my opinion, this episode could have easily been just another episode from season one. I expected more in a season premier.
  11. CocoBunny
    Jun 23, 2009
    Quite possibly one of the most creative and inventive things I've seen on television. The CGI is a bit rough at times, but the overall effect is a beautiful, highly stylized wonderland. Reminds me a lot of the retro-cool sets from "Fido."
  12. DavidS.
    Nov 28, 2008
    One of the most clever shows on TV, a critic's favorite and a cult favorite of discerning viewers. Of course, we know what happens to shows that fall into that category, and the show has been cancelled. I guess everyone else chose to watch that incredibly brainy and clever show about the talking car.
  13. LiahT
    Dec 13, 2008
    This show is still absolutely fantastic! The writing is flawless. the jokes are top notch, and the acting is amazing. I am truly sad that Nielsen viewers haven't come to love the series.
  14. AC
    Oct 29, 2008
    Best show on TV, period! Hopefully it stays on for many more years.
  15. AlanD
    Oct 31, 2008
    Beautiful to look at, sharp dialogue and always uplifting. Watching an episode is like a tonic that revives the soul.
  16. HeidiR
    Jan 16, 2009
    Easily a ten!!! This farce is fierce.
  17. BillN
    Jan 22, 2009
    One of the critics said it best. I admire this show more than i like it. More programs need to take risks, rather than just one more version of a CSI. There is nothing wrong with who-done-its that resolve themselves every week. They can be enjoyable. But put some twists into the characters and their lives. It shouldn't be the same show, except Miami instead of Las Vegas. Pushing One of the critics said it best. I admire this show more than i like it. More programs need to take risks, rather than just one more version of a CSI. There is nothing wrong with who-done-its that resolve themselves every week. They can be enjoyable. But put some twists into the characters and their lives. It shouldn't be the same show, except Miami instead of Las Vegas. Pushing Daisies tried and the writing couldn't keep up. Life on Mars has done a better job of putting a real twist on the basic detective show and keeping the stories compelling. Expand
  18. Aug 10, 2013
    What an amazingly interesting show. Imagery and acting on a high level, but a fascinating premise puts this show way above the rest of the competition. More like this, please.

You may well be wondering if they are worth watching – perhaps for the first time. In the case of Pushing Daisies, the answer is a qualified yes.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Anyone who enters this fantastic and beautifully realized play-scape--which remains ever so slightly ghoulish--will stick around. This is a winner.
  3. Again, it's back to the writing and the look. Both are superb.