• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 11, 2018
5.8

1. Nov 29, 2018
    I'm a fan of everything Julia Davis has created upto now. I thought that her most recent series, Camping, was probably her best. For anyone who hasn't seen it, the HBO remake of Camping is poor in comparison. I'm two episodes into SALLY4EVER and I have to say that I'm decidedly underwhelmed. Unlike Nighty Night, Hunderby, or Camping, the atmosphere created in the show is not nearlyI'm a fan of everything Julia Davis has created upto now. I thought that her most recent series, Camping, was probably her best. For anyone who hasn't seen it, the HBO remake of Camping is poor in comparison. I'm two episodes into SALLY4EVER and I have to say that I'm decidedly underwhelmed. Unlike Nighty Night, Hunderby, or Camping, the atmosphere created in the show is not nearly surreal enough to sustain the inexplicable behaviour of such straight-laced characters. I take no pleasure in saying it, but this is Julia Davis-by-numbers; it resembles her best work, but there's none of their originality, and none of the care taken to create a world in which her characters make any sort of sense. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Malcolm Venable
    Nov 12, 2018
    Julia Davis impressively keeps believable the more outrageous she gets. All this is imbued with the muted, knowing style of humor the Brits love so much and do so well, and fans of that style will enjoy this to bits.
  2. Reviewed by: Melanie McFarland
    Nov 12, 2018
    Sally4Ever isn’t necessarily bursting apart established conventions, but some moments challenge a person’s appetite. Although Davis draws our focus with her character’s outrageous selfishness, Shepherd is tasked with carrying Sally4Ever simply by reacting to all the attention in a way any sensible person would. ... Her subdued performance is a welcome counterbalance to Emma’s audacious egomania and David’s simpering foolery.
  3. Reviewed by: Sophie Gilbert
    Nov 12, 2018
    Potentially cataclysmic. I’m not certain U.S. viewers are--or will ever be--ready. ... The funniest moments in Sally4Ever, though, tend to be not so outrageous. They’re the way Emma pronounces “Pilates” (pill-ah-tez), and the face Sally makes watching David’s a cappella group sing George Michael’s “Faith,” and the robotic selfie stick that appears in one scene out of nowhere. ... These interludes aren’t scandalizing so much as hilarious and horrifying in equal measure, just like Davis intended.