• Network: HBO
  • Season #: 1
tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Oct 29, 2013
    You know how there are certain projects that critics love just because they think the concept is clever, they like the people, there's a sly insider prospective, etc. This is one of those projects. The reviews were good, I like Alec Baldwin, I was expecting to like it. BUT about half way in, I was bored and not really appreciating it.

The concept is unusual, a movie about making a
    movie loaded with interviews with real people we all know. Many of the interviews were tedious, (Ryan Gosling an exception)

Baldwin and James Toback fill in the gaps with lots of footage of themselves engaged in various activities related to making their faux film. This may be entertaining for those who find Baldwin and Toback as fascinating as they themselves apparently believe they are.

The critics may like it, I was disappointed. Feel like this is a case of "The Emperors New Clothes," nothing really there.

1. Reviewed by: Chuck Bowen
    Oct 31, 2013
    [Toback is] an uneven director, yes, but a frequently brilliant interviewer.
  2. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    Oct 28, 2013
    Rather than produce a compelling documentary, they felt the need to insert themselves in a story that didn't require it.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush