• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2007
Season #: 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
7.4

1. Jan 10, 2016
    Worst series of TBBT so far for sure. Seems to have abandoned actual comedy for lame story lines, cheap twists and WAY too much romance. Why does every episode have to be either 1. About one of the couples having some cliché relationship problem or 2. just irrelevant to the story. TBBT is a comedy, not a soap. Nothing seems fresh about this once-great show anymore.
    Seasons 3-6 were
    Seasons 3-6 were fantastic because it something new happened every episode and it made people laugh. I loved TBBT for its originality when it came out but now? It just seems flat. TBBT is signed on for 2 more seasons and if it doesn't pick up the quality soon, it'll either just fizzle out or be cancelled before it can reach the finish line.
  2. Apr 3, 2015
    since the middle of last season, have you guys changed writers? There is a definite huge decline of the quality of the show. It's nice that stories are a little more intricate and have evolved, but the jokes are terrible. Used to really love this show. Now i watch it hoping the level will rise again, but am disappointed every episode that goes by.
  3. Sep 26, 2014
    Usually, I don't like reviewing an entire season based on just a couple of episodes. But since, I'm dropping this sorry excuse for a sitcom, I'll make an exception.

It's outstanding that this show is still going on. It has some of the laziest writing I've ever witnessed. The last season finale showed promise that the status quo will be shaken up, with Penny moving in with Leonard, Sheldon leaving to think about his life, etc. I thought I was going to see the characters in new circumstances, which will lead to fresh ideas for funny situations and jokes.

After the first two episodes this season, the only (new) thing about the show is Penny's haircut.

Needless to say, the usual jokes are back, which are now beyond predictable. I was able to manage a chuckle in a scene or two (in the two episodes combined). As for the rest of the duration, watching felt like a chore more than entertainment.

The cast give some of the most uninspired acting. I can't believe they got their salaries raised. The only exception to this is Jim Parsons (the guy playing Sheldon). He is the only one who deserves that raise, the only one who's still making that show bearable. And what he deserves more, is for him to leave that show; because the longer he stays, the more he is destroying his career.

This show should have ended by season 6 or 7 at most, but the producers seem intent to milk it for every last penny (no pun intended). They seem very able to do so, as the no. of viewers is actually increasing (the only unpredictable thing about this show).

But whether it continues to succeed or not, I truly don't care anymore. I'm done with this.
  4. Sep 23, 2014
    The opening episodes of Season 8 were a disaster. I came late to the show, and typically can't get enough of the episodes on re-runs. However, the first two episodes of Season 8 are awful. It looks like they tried to make the show more stylized -- it seems like the stars just discovered (gasp!) method acting. The writing has changed dramatically from poking gentle fun at people andThe opening episodes of Season 8 were a disaster. I came late to the show, and typically can't get enough of the episodes on re-runs. However, the first two episodes of Season 8 are awful. It looks like they tried to make the show more stylized -- it seems like the stars just discovered (gasp!) method acting. The writing has changed dramatically from poking gentle fun at people and stereotypes to being downright mean and petty, with limited "laugh out loud" humor. I hope these are an aberration rather than a harbinger of things to come, or no one will be collecting their new pay for long. Expand
  5. Nov 24, 2014
    I had planned to write this review earlier in the season, but I decided to wait until I had seen a few more episodes to see if the show were just getting off to a slow start this season.

Unfortunately it wasn't just a slow start, the show has not cleared the quality bar of the first few seasons. Granted all the reruns of the first three seasons are presenting a high bar to clear.

The laugh track is very intrusive this year. At times i wonder if the laugh track was turned up, or the comedy has been turned down. I'm leaning towards the latter. The laugh track seems out of place because the show isn't as funny as the laugh track suggests.

During one of the first two or three shows this season, there was a conversation between Penny and Bernadette about Penny getting a job at Bernie's company. The video editing that pieced that conversation together was, I'll be kind, sloppily choppy. I was left with the impression that the show was running long, and they had to cut a few seconds out of it. Sadly, parts of words seemed to have been sacrificed in order to find those precious seconds.

The main actors on the show seem to be just going through the motions this year. They seem more as if they were sitting around a conference room reading the script, than acting out the script on scene. The characters have lost their soul.

I've watched BBT since the original broadcast of the very first episode. I've liked Chuck Lorre comedies going back to Cybil. I cannot imagine how BBT is going to be engaging for two and a half more seasons unless the writing improves very significantly.
  6. Dec 12, 2014
    this show has lost all elements of it's comedy and couldn't replace them with anything. it has simply lost all the fun! if it wants to go on like this i think they should consider cancelling it!
  7. Dec 16, 2014
    The writers are managing the evolution of any character with a incredible sweetness and smartness. I usually don't write early reviews, but this season is one of the greatest work of actors I ever seen. Congratulations for the production and for the cast. I loved this season more than any other. You make me change my mind about Big Bang, I usually hate, after this 8 season, I love.
  8. Sep 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than seasons 4 & 7 so far, but still worse than seasons 1-3, 5-6. There were several funny portions of the first two episodes, but the amount of characters (8-9 leads is too many) trying to squeeze in a few jokes each is just obnoxious. Penny and Leonard's relationship has been based on her always being stupid, so it just seems like a waste to try and have her succeed at her new job. Lots of the recurring jokes are still there, but they aren't funny anymore. They squeezed in the "knock, knock" but in the wrong way, and they referenced the roommate agreement while driving back from Arizona but not in the right way. I also wish they'd get rid of Stuart and Raj because they just weigh it down even more. And Howard's mother? They don't need her either. If they had Howard move out and get married, why is her character still alive? They should just kill her off or have her move away.

It's getting a bit frustrating to like this show with all these issues (and more). I don't know. I might stop watching at the end of this season. But still, it doesn't really matter what people think. "The Big Bang Theory" will be on until at least the end of the 10th season, with multiple seasons after that being likely (maybe up to 12-15). Ugh don't even get me started on the laugh track.
  9. Feb 15, 2015
    La gente hace una crítica del primer capítulo con menos de un 4 y se queda tan a gusto.
    He de decir que el primer capítulo de esta temporada fue algo flojo pero después va a mejor, siendo la temporada 8 bastante mas divertida de lo que fue la 7. No critiquéis tan pronto.
  10. Aug 6, 2015
    You can begin to feel a decline in quality during this season. Some episodes lack the comedy we are used to whilst precious few reach the heights we know this show is capable of. Just like season 7 plot progression is saved for the finale and is rushed which is disappointing. Some of the episodic specific stories provide rich entertainment and comedy, this just doesn't happen as often asYou can begin to feel a decline in quality during this season. Some episodes lack the comedy we are used to whilst precious few reach the heights we know this show is capable of. Just like season 7 plot progression is saved for the finale and is rushed which is disappointing. Some of the episodic specific stories provide rich entertainment and comedy, this just doesn't happen as often as we are used to. A mediocre season which leaves something to be desired. Let's hope for better next season. Expand
  11. Feb 17, 2015
    This used to be an awesome show. Now the jokes are quite predictable. But even worse are the much to aggressive and frequent laugh tracks. Mostly out of place, too. What a pity...
  12. Apr 10, 2017
    this is the season that broke me, i followed the show since season 4 as a dumb teen without getting any enjoyment, now that im a not as dumb teen i understood that i need to break from my Stockholm syndrome and quit watching the show. i cant say anything good but that the show was insultingly bad and not offending and that Simon Helberg's performance is still at peak, maybe his characterthis is the season that broke me, i followed the show since season 4 as a dumb teen without getting any enjoyment, now that im a not as dumb teen i understood that i need to break from my Stockholm syndrome and quit watching the show. i cant say anything good but that the show was insultingly bad and not offending and that Simon Helberg's performance is still at peak, maybe his character was torn to shreds, his performance is good. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.