8.7

1. BrendanD
    Jun 27, 2007
    For future reference, neophyte Soprano-wannabe writers: mob violence barely worked for Tony and his gang, and after a couple of seasons, it became really tedious and downright boring. Yet at least it incorporated something at least in part based on fact: the Italian mafia. You know what nationality DOESN'T have a mafia? THE IRISH! What's worse is that the writers of The Black For future reference, neophyte Soprano-wannabe writers: mob violence barely worked for Tony and his gang, and after a couple of seasons, it became really tedious and downright boring. Yet at least it incorporated something at least in part based on fact: the Italian mafia. You know what nationality DOESN'T have a mafia? THE IRISH! What's worse is that the writers of The Black Donnellys (including Paul Haggis, who may or may not be the greatest unintentional comic of all time) don't seem to realize that there's a difference. Look, nationalities in this country (the non-mutt kind, I mean) have a lot to say about who and where we've been and who and where we'll be. But when you put up the equation Sopranos - Italians + Irish = x, you have to remember that x equals bull-crap. You cannot simply swap out one nationality for the other and keep everything else the same. Do you think anyone would believe a bunch of Italians cavorting around in drunken stupors at a wake? Of course they wouldn't. You know why? Because that's what the Irish do, not the Italians. This was as stupid an idea as the attempt to make black kids white (or vice-versa) in various Saturday Morning kids' shows. It's ridiculous, and Haggis ought to be stripped of his Oscar, as well as any residual acclaim he gets for creating the World's Greatest Comedic Hero, Cordell Walker, for attaching his name to something that's so vapid, even George Bush (the one from "That's My Bush," not the president) could see through it. Expand
  2. JerriannW
    Mar 2, 2007
    Paul Haggis should be banned from Hollywood.
  3. NoelA.
    Feb 9, 2008
    A true original.
  6. emily
    Mar 12, 2007
    I loved this show. I disagree with a lot of the critics and believe this is a compelling story with heart and a talented cast. I never want it to end!
  7. LeeR
    Mar 21, 2007
    This has got to be one of the best shows on TV. The acting is supurb as well as the story line. This show receives a 10 in my book!
  8. Helen
    Mar 4, 2007
    I absolutely loved it. Hopefully, the show will continue to do well and keep me entertained - Studio 60 wasn't cutting it. Its time slot couldn't have been more perfect. Also, love the cast.
  9. MalloryD
    Mar 5, 2007
    technical and artisitc reviews aside; This show is entertaining and Im hooked!
  10. TiffanyR
    Apr 5, 2007
    Totally captivated! The Black Donnelly's is well written, has a great cast of actors, fabulous cinematography. I'm ususually not a big television watcher, but this one is worth viewing. I hope NBC keeps it going, if not I hope they turn it over to another network.
  11. billyl
    Apr 8, 2007
    one of the best shows ive ever seen a shame that its cancelled
  12. EmmarieJ
    May 3, 2007
    This show needs to be saved!!! The writing and acting was great. If this show is to be cancelled (which I hope it doesn't) it should not be replaced with such a stupid show like Wedding Crashers! Who in their right minds would watch a show like that???
  13. AriannaS.
    Aug 30, 2007
    Great show I don't understand why it was canceled. The only time I saw anything about before the show actually aired was in the movie theaters. I think given time the show would have been a hit at least it is with me!
  14. ChristianO
    Aug 3, 2007
    I really liked this show. It kept me watching every week, but I can't find it anymore. Oh, and I think Brendan D's comments are ridiculous. Read a book dude.
  15. gina
    Aug 7, 2008
    Love the show! definitely has underground following.
  16. MalikB
    Feb 27, 2007
    haggis' imaginative uses of others' imaginations make me hate anything he does before he does it. he's a hack, pure and simple. except when it comes to racial jokes, apparently, he's oscar-worthy.
  17. Erik
    Feb 27, 2007
    Jon I, I couldn't make it past your first three sentences without falling out of my chair laughing. Malik, you're right on. This was a bad mish-mash of GOODFELLAS and BAZ LUHRMAN'S ROMEO & JULIET. There isn't a worse writer alive than Paul Haggis (having taken the place of fellow Oscar-winning hack Akiva Goldsman) and his painfully unsubtle, in your face irony (which Jon I, I couldn't make it past your first three sentences without falling out of my chair laughing. Malik, you're right on. This was a bad mish-mash of GOODFELLAS and BAZ LUHRMAN'S ROMEO & JULIET. There isn't a worse writer alive than Paul Haggis (having taken the place of fellow Oscar-winning hack Akiva Goldsman) and his painfully unsubtle, in your face irony (which practically beams with neon signs informing you of said irony). Hated it. Expand
  18. ChanA
    Excellent ..
  19. ChrisW.
    Mar 13, 2007
    What is there not to like about this show? You can compare this to The Godfather trilogy and the Boondock Saints.
  20. ScottC
    Mar 13, 2007
    I love this show. There is nothing else like it on TV tight now!
  21. DebW.
    Mar 19, 2007
    Love it!! My favorite new show!
  22. KarleneP
    Mar 19, 2007
    Its a great alternative to us Sopranos lovers. My husband and I love it!
  23. anonymous
    Mar 21, 2007
    I love, love, love this show. The acting and writing are exceptional and I find myself looking forward to the next episode as soon as Monday's is finished. Here's to a second season.
  24. PatriciaRude
    Mar 20, 2007
    Excellent. I do care about all the Donnellys...even poor Jenny
  25. KathleenB
    Mar 20, 2007
    I absolutely love this show. I am SO afraid that like other "too deep" shows, it won't last. It shows a reality in that murder is grisley, dirty and nasty; Not like these "slick murders" on other shows, where its almost clinical. clean, and "no big deal." And having suffered a great deal of angst for my family, I sympathise with poor Tommy Donnelly. Tucker is amazing.
  26. caseyc
    Mar 4, 2007
    A TV show that makes you think the next day. my favorite in a long time.
  27. Heidi
    Mar 5, 2007
    This gets better than a zero because Jonathan Tucker resembles a young Steven Weber. Beyond that I seriously can't imagine a worse way to rip off the Sopranos. At least that show was well-written. This is an immense waste. And someone please explain to me how this isn't a bad example of what The Godfather was a good example of--family "triumphing" in a downward spiral while This gets better than a zero because Jonathan Tucker resembles a young Steven Weber. Beyond that I seriously can't imagine a worse way to rip off the Sopranos. At least that show was well-written. This is an immense waste. And someone please explain to me how this isn't a bad example of what The Godfather was a good example of--family "triumphing" in a downward spiral while dragging a possible shining star down with them. This show is 'how not to do a crime drama.' Expand
  28. MaryO
    Love Tommy
  29. hYpePROGRAMMING
    Mar 7, 2007
    The pilot episode left me begging for more of the show's acting and scriptwriting. Yes, people may say the show is like more framiliar mob shows, but the show still deserves a chance and has a good chance of making it as a hit show. I have to disagree with the fact of saying this show has to do with the Irish at all. Nothing really "Irish" was in this show so far besides the fact The pilot episode left me begging for more of the show's acting and scriptwriting. Yes, people may say the show is like more framiliar mob shows, but the show still deserves a chance and has a good chance of making it as a hit show. I have to disagree with the fact of saying this show has to do with the Irish at all. Nothing really "Irish" was in this show so far besides the fact that it's the Irish mob which really don't even sound Irish they sound more from Boston and they don't really look that Irish. Of course maybe I'm being to harsh, but I'm still giving it a 9 for a great attempt at a show. The second episode I thought felt long and stretched out beyond the point. Based on the first episode I'd rate the show a 9 and as a total a 9, but for the second follow up episode the new episode would of received a 4 or 5. Expand
  30. TomT
    Mar 7, 2007
    Unbelievably bad! A dark brooding boring story about a bunch of completely uninteresting losers. One episode was all I could force myself to watch -- and even then I switched it off after the first half-hour. There's no way I would waste another minute of my life with this piece of crap! Note to NBC: Please please please ... bring back Studio 60!!
  31. RJAnderson
    Mar 9, 2007
    Don't listen to the critics...Great Show
  32. chriso
    Apr 11, 2007
    i thought this show was great and anyone i talked to loved it, it should never have been taken off the air it was on at a bad time thats all. please bring it back.
  33. MikeM
    Apr 10, 2007
    this is the best show on tv in a long time. just because it is not a reality show the critics and big wigs at NBC think it is useless. I would watch this show over reality any day. I hope HBO or FX pick this show up and make NBC wet themselves for losing so much money.
  34. Lefty
    Apr 17, 2007
    Great show!!! Good actors....good story line....And you dropped it? What were you thinking? Maybe the majority likes the "cookie-cutter" reality shows but not all of us!!! Will stick to FOX from here on....NBC, you blew it again.....
  35. MeghanB
    Apr 20, 2007
    This is the greatest television show I have ever seen. If it does no return to tv, I swear to never watch even a commercial on NBC ever again. There is no reason for this show to be cancelled. It has an amazing and extroadinarily supportive fan base, and is better then most shows on tv right now.
  36. JayL
    Apr 20, 2007
    This show is outstanding. Great acting, great writing.
  37. SideshowBob
    Apr 24, 2007
    BRING IT BACK! Monday night TV has gone straight to the S%^&ter. 24 is terrible, Prison Break is on break and is starting to suck, and did anyone happen to see Wedding Crashers....I want to shoot myself in the foot for watching 5 minutes of that. The only good show left is Heroes. Please bring the Donnellys back. The writing was great. Each show actually came to a conclusion, which is BRING IT BACK! Monday night TV has gone straight to the S%^&ter. 24 is terrible, Prison Break is on break and is starting to suck, and did anyone happen to see Wedding Crashers....I want to shoot myself in the foot for watching 5 minutes of that. The only good show left is Heroes. Please bring the Donnellys back. The writing was great. Each show actually came to a conclusion, which is more than can be said for most series today, and it left you wanting to know what happened next week. I need something else to DVR! Expand
  38. SeanT
    Apr 25, 2007
    its brilliant
  39. JuanA
    Apr 9, 2007
    OMG I love this show. It amazes me that NBC has the cohones to air such a great show. I'm really hoping that the BD's stay on, I heard NBC is trying to pull the plug. I see it as a complete outrage, the first show that is well written, has a great cast and not to mention a great plot and NBC wants to cancel it... I guess their version of a good drama is letting ER waste away in OMG I love this show. It amazes me that NBC has the cohones to air such a great show. I'm really hoping that the BD's stay on, I heard NBC is trying to pull the plug. I see it as a complete outrage, the first show that is well written, has a great cast and not to mention a great plot and NBC wants to cancel it... I guess their version of a good drama is letting ER waste away in the meaningless crap it has become, great job NBC! Jeez! let a GREAT show survive for once. The Black Donnelly's should remain put... PERIOD! Expand
  40. NatalieS
    May 1, 2007
    The Black Donnellys was the best show on TV. NBC SUCKS for cancelling it! It was truly real in every way; the performances were spot on. Gritty, real-life tensions; just like it would be in an Irish family from Queens (most of the show is not shot in Hell's Kitchen) with a tormented past that it cannot escape. You truly felt what the characters were going through; I was on the edge The Black Donnellys was the best show on TV. NBC SUCKS for cancelling it! It was truly real in every way; the performances were spot on. Gritty, real-life tensions; just like it would be in an Irish family from Queens (most of the show is not shot in Hell's Kitchen) with a tormented past that it cannot escape. You truly felt what the characters were going through; I was on the edge of my seat every week. I am not a big TV fan; never liked the Sopranos or Lost. Heroes is good, and I believe that TBD would have fared better if Heroes wasn't put on Hiatus after TBD's first episode aired. TBD is on my list of top 3 shows ever along with the X-Files and Alias. Maybe FX will pick it up and air it before or after The Riches - both great shows about Irish families trying to break away from their dark pasts but getting tangled up in an even more chaotic reality. Expand
  41. zacs
    May 14, 2007
    best show ever made. PERIOD.
  42. CarolineMiller
    May 16, 2007
    I love this show. Love it. I am still watching online and I have yet to miss an episode. I know it's been canceled and eventually there won't be any episodes left to watch, but I'm still tuning in for as long as NBC continues to show them. I'm not alone. Shouldn't that count for something?
  43. JasonG.
    May 17, 2007
    I can't believe they canceled yet another great series. I really liked this show and didn't hear anything about it until an episode before it was canceled.
  44. susannelson
    May 21, 2007
    Very good show, lots of drama and action. can't believe nbc is letting another good show go for reality TV.
  45. billb
    May 2, 2007
    Now that Sopranos is finishing I need a gangster series to follow. Cancelling this show is like cancelling Sopranos in the early years. I think it needs to be given a chance, for at least a season. Why pull it after 6 episodes?
  46. JC
    May 30, 2007
    THIS SHOW IS AMAZING!!!!v It's obvious that most critics have their heads up their butts cause if you don't liket his show you don't like a good story or good drama especially. This show has intriguing characters, interesting plots, and real heart. But the NBC Execs and the morons who could give this show a 10 or 20, please! Isn't it interesting how the reviews dip THIS SHOW IS AMAZING!!!!v It's obvious that most critics have their heads up their butts cause if you don't liket his show you don't like a good story or good drama especially. This show has intriguing characters, interesting plots, and real heart. But the NBC Execs and the morons who could give this show a 10 or 20, please! Isn't it interesting how the reviews dip from 70 to 58. Cuz that's when the idiots who just didn't want to like the show came in. Expand
  47. JasonS
    May 3, 2007
    This show rocks...I am banning NBC till it comes back on
  48. janetter
    May 9, 2007
    I love the show is was great, I use to look forward to Monday nights just to watch this show. Please bring it back.
  49. DarenS
    Jun 19, 2007
    This was the best show on network tv by far! I guarantee that if it wasn't for the late time slot, the ratings would have been much better. Since it started out a little slow - which it had to for the story to unfold as brilliantly as it did - I'm sure a lot of people weren't willing to stay up till 10 to watch it. If idiodic NBC had a single brain cell, they would run all This was the best show on network tv by far! I guarantee that if it wasn't for the late time slot, the ratings would have been much better. Since it started out a little slow - which it had to for the story to unfold as brilliantly as it did - I'm sure a lot of people weren't willing to stay up till 10 to watch it. If idiodic NBC had a single brain cell, they would run all the episodes during the summer at an earlier time, let people get hooked, and give it one more season. Let's see what happens then...If not, let FX pick it up. Expand
  50. MarcG
    Jul 19, 2007
    One of the best shows ever. I don't understand the critics. they are really wrong this time!
  51. AliS.
    Sep 6, 2007
    This show is the sh.t. I'm serious. I started watching online a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't realized how good this show was until it was canceled :(. It seems like anytime NBC comes out with a quality show it goes off. I just wanna know what happens to Jenny and her dad, Tommy, Seanie and his girl and all the rest of em...
  52. DanE
    Sep 7, 2007
    Great show - love it on HD net. Hopefully it gets picked up for season 2.
  53. bhkgghlkjh
    Mar 4, 2008
    This show is awesome the best in the world. I would pay to watch it!!!
  54. AndrewD.
    Jan 4, 2009
    The show just went to air in New Zealand. Great show. I couldn't what to watch them weekly so downloaded the whole lot in one hit.
  55. fyzaha
    Sep 8, 2009
    Will the network see these votes? If so, the drive is to bring back this drama, and they should consider what the viewers would like!
  56. DaliahH
    Nov 5, 2007
    I am a big fan of The Black Donnellys and like a lot of others I was quite disappointed to see the show cut short even before the first season was over. Some friends and I used to get together every week to watch this show Monday nights. I really wish that the show didn't get canceled. I felt as though the show was doing really well. Everyone I know had positive things to say about I am a big fan of The Black Donnellys and like a lot of others I was quite disappointed to see the show cut short even before the first season was over. Some friends and I used to get together every week to watch this show Monday nights. I really wish that the show didn't get canceled. I felt as though the show was doing really well. Everyone I know had positive things to say about it and the ones that didn't had nothing to say because they had never even heard of the show. I random l found the show and when I did I fell in love with it. I think that if more advertisement and promotions about the show were done then the size of the audience would have grown dramatically. Since I bought the show on DVD, I've shown the series to many friends who had never heard of it and it left them wanting more. I think that this whole ordeal was a situational dilemma and would've worked out with time. I still have hope that it will be back on t.v. sometime. Expand
  57. RollieS.
    Dec 17, 2007
    The Black Donnellys is down right fantastic. NBC is the home of crappy reality TV, and never deserved such an amazing show. Everyone I've ever shown this series to has been hooked from the first episode. Which ever network decides to pick this series up is not only smart, but absolutely gunna be a hero for me.
  58. LB
    Feb 24, 2007
    The Black Donnellys had one of the best pilots I've seen ever. I'm sure the series will keep the quality it had in its pilot.
  59. DerekY
    Feb 26, 2007
    New and refreshing for television. Great use of music and camera angles for dramatic effect.
  60. MarioY
    Feb 27, 2007
    Started out pretty strong, hope it can keep it's flare.
  61. mcolewood
    Loved it!
  62. JonI
    Feb 27, 2007
    Paul Haggis is one of the best writers working today, but his work always seems to polorize people. Crash created alot of heated debates, but isn't that what good drama should do. He pushes boundries. The Black Donnellys is a fantastic mob drama for everyone who maybe can't afford the expensive digital cable or satelite tv options. As far as some people who feel "offended" Paul Haggis is one of the best writers working today, but his work always seems to polorize people. Crash created alot of heated debates, but isn't that what good drama should do. He pushes boundries. The Black Donnellys is a fantastic mob drama for everyone who maybe can't afford the expensive digital cable or satelite tv options. As far as some people who feel "offended" because of the depiction of Irish or Italians all I have to say is get off your high horse. I'm Irish and proud. The show doesn't portray every single Italian or Irishman as mobster. America simply has a fascination with the mafia. Look at the popularity of the Gadfather, Scarface, and the Sopranos. In many ways Tommy Donnelly reminds me of Michael Corleone. He doesn't want to be a part of the underworld, but he makes tough decisions when it comes to protecting his family. The show is great all around and I only hope itgets a chance to develope, but it's going up against Jerry Bruckheimer's slop merchant CSI franchise and Davis Carusos tilted head bad acting. The largely unknown cast is does a great job especially Tom Guiry as Jimmy Donnelly and Jonathan Tucker as Tommy Donnelly. I urge everyone to give this show a chance and everyone who likes it watch reruns to keep the ratings as high as possible. Expand
  63. ShannonP
    Mar 11, 2007
    Just can't get into it
  64. NBluth
    Mar 11, 2007
    A good new TV show, finally. Acting isn't great but the story is good, and nice cinematography.
  65. HKinsey
    Mar 12, 2007
    Fantastic show. I hope it sticks around.
  66. PenelopeE
    Mar 12, 2007
    Extremely engaging. Whatever flaws this show has are more than made for by it's great acting and extremely gripping storyline...Tucker's abs don't hurt matters either.
  67. KatFee
    Mar 13, 2007
    I love this show. I only hope NBC gives it a chance to grow and doesn't switch its night around like they did with Kidnapped. Mondays are a good fit!
  68. LerouixJ
    Mar 13, 2007
    Great stories developing. Hope NBC keeps it right where its at!
  69. L
    Mar 13, 2007
    I love the show. Never before have I had to watch a show week after week, but with this series I can't wait until the next episode. I love movies like Goodfellows and The Departed so I was very excited when I found out that there was going to be a new series on network television in that same genre. And I was also excited it wasn't a reality show because I am so sick of those. I love the show. Never before have I had to watch a show week after week, but with this series I can't wait until the next episode. I love movies like Goodfellows and The Departed so I was very excited when I found out that there was going to be a new series on network television in that same genre. And I was also excited it wasn't a reality show because I am so sick of those. The plot lines and the relationships between characters keep me interested and I tune in every Monday to see what happens next. The episodes are intense and will keep you at the edge of your seat. I read a review that said that Tommy wasn't emotional enough, but I think the lack of emotion is what makes him real. He is doing what he can to help his family and he has to be strong for his brothers. Jimmy is crazy and Kevin seems very timid, so I think that Tommy keeps the other characters in balance. If he started to act crazy, scared or sad it would kind of ruin the series. Plus, beside HBO, there isn't another series like this on network television, which is great because I am getting tired of all the reality TV, the million CSI's and Law and Order's and I can stand Grey's Anatomy anymore. Hopefully the series will continue and the fan base will grow. So, if you enjoy it please get others to watch it so it won't have the same fate at Studio 60. Expand
  70. AmberH
    Mar 14, 2007
    Love it! I agree with one other user, I hope NBC gives it a chance and doesn't pull it after 2 episodes. Besides, how often are the critics actually right about the shows & movies they critique?
  71. CalebC
    Best new Show since Lost. Reminicent of Goodfellas and The Departed
  72. John
    Mar 22, 2007
    It's hard to find good t.v. these days. I'm glad someone's finally got a few good ideas.
  73. Sa56357
    Mar 27, 2007
    Great show
  74. BryanM
    Mar 28, 2007
    Acting and writing? The only reason I watch this show is to see how much worse it can get, The lead characters N.Y. accent is worse then my spelling and the Irish thing is over done to the 10th power. Send the cast back to thier treehouse, the only thing I like about this show is the lead actress and she gets pulled down by the terrible show.Give me a knife so I can stick it in my eyes Acting and writing? The only reason I watch this show is to see how much worse it can get, The lead characters N.Y. accent is worse then my spelling and the Irish thing is over done to the 10th power. Send the cast back to thier treehouse, the only thing I like about this show is the lead actress and she gets pulled down by the terrible show.Give me a knife so I can stick it in my eyes and ears, turn it off, no let me watch five more minutes of this train wreck. Expand
  75. jen
    Mar 31, 2007
    I look forward to this show every week. Even the opening (credits) is good. It is funny and serious at the same time.
  76. Philf
    Mar 4, 2007
    Expected much more. Not much effort put into the script. Very dissapointing
  77. StevenE
    Mar 4, 2007
    This shows premiere was a was extremely enjoyable to watch from beggining to end. The writing was amazing, as well as the acting. This show will be great because it can vary from a drama, thriller, and a comedy. It will be a success and you dont want to miss out on it.
  78. abquality
    Blackriars.....Brilliant
  79. SueS
    Mar 6, 2007
    Hope this lasts longer than E-Z Streets.
  80. anthonyp
    Mar 7, 2007
    as much as its a newer version of the sapranos, it keeps you gueessing and is a good story of 4 irish brothers living a crime life which could attract a viewer. cant wait till the next episode
  81. FrankP
    Mar 7, 2007
    pretty intense show, like it alot, better than other grabage they show now.
  82. EmilyJ
    Mar 8, 2007
    Fantastic acting and a compelling story. Jonathan Tucker is a force as Tommy, and his rise to power is going to be something to see.
  83. MayM
    Apr 10, 2007
    Amazing show with a fantastic plot. Exactly the kind of drama that NBC needs.
  84. LeylaC
    Apr 25, 2007
    i honestly LOVE this show! i have to say this is probably my fav show. and im soo exited every monday night my 14 friends and i call eachother between commercials talking about how CRAZY AMAZING and heart warming the show is. I love this show also becuase im 75% irish and i am very big on heritage. I LOVE THE BLACK DONNELLYS!
  85. DK
    Apr 6, 2007
    This is an awesome show. I think it's better than the Sopranos.
  86. KevinQ
    May 11, 2007
    Excellent and compelling show... NBC would be foolish not to bring it back and allow it time to build a viewship. I look forward to it more and more each week. Imagine how good it could be if it was on cable.
  87. DanteC
    May 14, 2007
    Great show NBC sucks for cancelling it.
  88. sadyj
    May 14, 2007
    Best "real" show in a while...so much more exquisite from all the cookie cutter dramas and brainless reality tv
  89. MikeM.
    May 15, 2007
    very good show i have no idea how it got cancelled they should bring it back
  90. JohnR.
    May 18, 2007
    As good as, or better than the Soprano's If NBC won't air it, then sell it to a Cable Channell that will. Don't get us hooked and then deprive us. The best television series I have seen ever.
  91. BRYANB
    May 21, 2007
    LOVE THE SHOW AND WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WHEN IT WAS CANCELLED, WHO'S THE LOSER AT NBC THAT DECIDED TO CANCEL THE SHOW?
  92. DannyJ.
    May 21, 2007
    Definitely top 3 (along with Heroes and Supernatural) in all TV today.
  93. StephenM.
    Jun 24, 2007
    This hands down beat out Sopranos for all recent memory and is a shame NBC cancelled it. With all of the other lackluster shows on network television renewed year after year; the best they could have done was decide it was too violent for network and move it to cable where I am sure it would have gained a cult following.
  94. SalinaA
    Jun 30, 2007
    I love this show i hope it comes back.
  95. scotti.
    Aug 28, 2007
    the black donnellys is like one of the best shows i have ever seen, and they still cancelled it. it shows Nothing But Crap (NBC) is wiling to cancel good shows at the expense of bad ones. the black donnellys is cancelled before las vegas. las vegas has declined significanlty since the first season. but the donnellys get canceled. crazy
  96. CamilleG.
    Sep 17, 2007
    This is an amazing show and I hope that a network will pick it up.
  97. DesireaA.
    Sep 18, 2007
    This was a bad ass show NBC sucks for pulling it off air I no longer watch anything on NBC because of it.
  98. jims
    Mar 21, 2008
    Awesome show,kept me hanging on to each scene,characters and personalities most everyone can relate too, whether real or fiction.
  99. SteveO.
    Aug 25, 2009
    This is one of the only shows I've ever cared enough about to never miss an episode. The dialog, the story-telling style, the plot, and the acting were excellent. The only better show ever cancelled after one season was Firefly.
  100. TonyF
    Feb 26, 2007
    edgy cinematography, superb acting, great soundtrack, smart writing. the pilot was so packed with characters and intertwining stories, that it was a bit confusing, but by the end of the episode, i was hooked and wanted to see what happens next.

These tall tales flow into a stream of consciousness. That's good. The acting is convincing. That's good. The Irish stuff is heavy-handed. That's bad.
  2. Haggis equates the slow revealing of character and plot with classy writing; you'll probably experience it as stuff you can see coming a mile away.
  3. [It] ultimately succumbs to being an inferior story on a broadcast network that can't even remotely match two far better cable series ["The Sopranos" and "Brotherhood"].