Season #: 2, 1
6.3

1. Oct 3, 2020
    Raise your hand when you hate shows that get self-righteously political + smugly try to drag a belief in god through the mud.
  2. Oct 2, 2020
    Stay away from politics. Especially if you can't be nuanced or lack subtlety. Many of us are tired of being preached to by Hollywood.
  3. Oct 14, 2020
    Season 1 was fantastic but this just turned into some race baiting nazi **** A good show ruined by some idiotic political agendas as always.Changed rating to zero after the last episode of the season. What a literal dog **** show.
  4. Sep 29, 2020
    Dont waste your time with season 2.. it is boring like hell. Season 1 was superb.
  5. Oct 18, 2020
    It was a fun series to watch but Jack Quaid... again literally drags down the series! He's a complete cry baby in this season with his single expression...!! All other characters had growth in this season, story was a bit silly but it's as expected...
  6. Oct 13, 2020
    Really liked season 1. Season 2 feels like an edgy CW show. Excess melodrama, meandering and sloppy writing, unfortunate character regression, and direction that coaxed poor performances from the actors, but maybe that's also the writer's fault. I agree with the show's politics however they were poorly implemented. Felt more pandering and contrived than thoughtful and intelligent. BitReally liked season 1. Season 2 feels like an edgy CW show. Excess melodrama, meandering and sloppy writing, unfortunate character regression, and direction that coaxed poor performances from the actors, but maybe that's also the writer's fault. I agree with the show's politics however they were poorly implemented. Felt more pandering and contrived than thoughtful and intelligent. Bit bummed out by a few major deviations from the comics but probably wouldn't have minded if the delivery was actually worthwhile. Overall, an unfortunate disappointment for me. Expand
  7. Oct 10, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As hyped as I was for this season, I am sad to say that I am not enjoying it that much. It started off decently enough but then quickly began to derail as the episodes continued. They doubled down on the gore just for the sake of shock value, which is something that I didn't care for even during the first season. Supes don't use their powers during certain fights simply for plot convenience (i.e. Kimiko doesn't use her powers to help her brother when Stormfront kills him and Starlight doesn't use her powers when she's getting beaten senseless by Black Noir). Some of the sex scenes also feel painfully forced, but I guess the showrunners really wanted to take advantage of that TV-MA rating. We're 7 episodes deep into this season and it still doesn't feel like much has happened. I'm hoping that the finale saves this mediocre season but I'm not holding my breath. Expand
  8. Oct 6, 2020
    Really liked first season. Second season I am giving up after 5 episodes. This season is in search for storyline. There is no cohesive narrative. I forced myself through last couple of episodes and then decided Karl Urban's charisma just wasn't enough. Now Dredd 2 would be awesome!
  9. Oct 17, 2020
    Would have had a higher rateing had it not been for the HUGE drop is quality from the first season. The epic scenes that were artistry gone the fast pased and always exciting twists that caught you by suprise every episode gone. It was dry and boring always was seeming like it was building to a crazy finally but never launched. Not even comparable with the first season. This has beenWould have had a higher rateing had it not been for the HUGE drop is quality from the first season. The epic scenes that were artistry gone the fast pased and always exciting twists that caught you by suprise every episode gone. It was dry and boring always was seeming like it was building to a crazy finally but never launched. Not even comparable with the first season. This has been telivisions biggest let down since the prequel star wars sieries. Expand
  10. Oct 19, 2020
    Actors are still great and the concept is cool. But holy christ, they have become so PREACHY. With the world as horrible as it is right now, its so disgusting that they think its okay to continuously rub everyones noses in such garbage. Hollywood - we get it. Your extremist progressives. Cool. We get it. Can you please stop viciously attacking everyone who disagrees with you and just makeActors are still great and the concept is cool. But holy christ, they have become so PREACHY. With the world as horrible as it is right now, its so disgusting that they think its okay to continuously rub everyones noses in such garbage. Hollywood - we get it. Your extremist progressives. Cool. We get it. Can you please stop viciously attacking everyone who disagrees with you and just make entertaining televisin? Expand
  11. Sep 21, 2020
    This isn’t really the same show as season one. Forget a clear and coherent story line that made thematic sense. I could still love the show without that, which this season is. What I cannot forgive is bad writing choices, specifically for character development. Homelander is the most obvious. I just simply don’t buy that the diabolical genius of season 1 could be reduced to a snivelingThis isn’t really the same show as season one. Forget a clear and coherent story line that made thematic sense. I could still love the show without that, which this season is. What I cannot forgive is bad writing choices, specifically for character development. Homelander is the most obvious. I just simply don’t buy that the diabolical genius of season 1 could be reduced to a sniveling powerless moron so easily. This is what happens when great writing gets hijacked for more abstract themes. It fails to make sense. And yes, for those wondering, it’s gotten woke in some of the worst ways. Loved season 1. Season 2 is a disappointment 5 episodes in. (Ps, you can still see flashes of the great and clever writing, the surprise of which just underscores the diminishing quality of everything else.) Expand
  12. Sep 20, 2020
    Hollywood writers got their hand on the show and this is game over. Started fresh now we are in the cliche zone where all adult talk and act like teenagers to help boost the audience of the 12-18
  13. Sep 25, 2020
    Not great. The plot just flip flops around aimlessly with no clear direction other than everything they did last season. Everything can be see coming a mile away, oh wow the **** sarcastic character is a bad guy! What a twist!
  14. Sep 20, 2020
    Not true to the comics AT ALL. Why does Hollywood need to push its leftist agenda constantly and dump all over the source material!!! Next...
  15. Oct 2, 2020
    **** and pretty obvious leftist propaganda with simplistic story telling that is not worth to watch
  16. Sep 20, 2020
    I’ve peered on numerous sites and was going to remain silent until I heard the series creator’s response to the backlash. What an arrogant little troll. Anyone blasting 1 star displeasure as ‘immature’ --- SHAME ON YOU! Since we weren’t surveyed, this provides an effective medium to express our disdain towards the decision makers at amazon thereby improving the likelihood they won’t repeatI’ve peered on numerous sites and was going to remain silent until I heard the series creator’s response to the backlash. What an arrogant little troll. Anyone blasting 1 star displeasure as ‘immature’ --- SHAME ON YOU! Since we weren’t surveyed, this provides an effective medium to express our disdain towards the decision makers at amazon thereby improving the likelihood they won’t repeat these mistakes during season 3 (which has already been renewed). Although I disapprove of the release schedule, what irks me the most is the lack of transparency. I am not the only person duped into believing that this season would be released congruently. Streaming services are becoming aware that middle America patterns their subscription habits around the service release schedules. Couple months on this one, then a couple on that. I can’t afford all of them simultaneously. If amazon was clear that a weekly release schedule was there plan, I would have postponed my membership for another month and enjoyed bingeing the season entirely within ONE Billing Cycle. I’m not the world’s richest man. I’m a single mother struggling with reduced hours during a pandemic. That’s why I’m pissed. You baited me into TWO Billing cycles instead of ONE. Decision wasn’t for ‘”weekly conversations” it was a Ca$h Grab. Expand
  17. Sep 11, 2020
    Season 1 was my all time favorite season of any show ever. Season 2 has been a massive disappointment so far (chapter 4). Homelander's plot and acting are the only thing carrying the show. The non super power characters have a very weak plot and their character development is all over the place. The writing is notably weaker overall as well. It seems like they had difficulties carrying onSeason 1 was my all time favorite season of any show ever. Season 2 has been a massive disappointment so far (chapter 4). Homelander's plot and acting are the only thing carrying the show. The non super power characters have a very weak plot and their character development is all over the place. The writing is notably weaker overall as well. It seems like they had difficulties carrying on from where they stopped at season 1. Absolutely underwhelming. Expand
  18. Sep 4, 2020
    So far this season the effects and narrative makes the episodes feel very rushed. Those gills on the deep have never looked more fake. Dang, I hope this season only gets better from these first episodes..
  19. Sep 8, 2020
    Am I really in the minority here? The first season of this show was special and really pushed the envelope. This season so far makes no sense because of the lazy writing and has none of the ultra violence that made the first season both hard to watch and hard to stop watching.
  20. Sep 10, 2020
    The first season was new and refreshing, full of dark humor and supported by excellent acting (Homelander). While the acting is still top notch the story and overall mise en scène seems to have lost direction and tempo. Highly disappointing...
  21. Sep 14, 2020
    Good show, its great, blah, blah, blah, yeah we get it. But Im here to to voice my opinion on why the weekly episodes is garbage. I read an article about how some dude that is involved in the show chose to make this a weekly release for “creative reasons”. Its obviously to let people hype it up more every week and grab a few more dollars for amazon prime as they release this across aGood show, its great, blah, blah, blah, yeah we get it. But Im here to to voice my opinion on why the weekly episodes is garbage. I read an article about how some dude that is involved in the show chose to make this a weekly release for “creative reasons”. Its obviously to let people hype it up more every week and grab a few more dollars for amazon prime as they release this across a months worth of a subscription. How about I release a third of my song now and release the other third next year? What a great creative decision., now I gotta wait a whole month is a half to watch this. Expand
  22. Sep 20, 2020
    Rather than accept blame and show grace, Eric Kripke chooses to insult fans with ‘NEON LIGHTS’ put-down. DON’T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS KRIPKE, Do you need that in neon lights?
  23. Sep 16, 2020
    The first two episodes are kind of weird. Billy's sudden appearance does not fit in the story, and his actions seem more erratic than ever. Maybe something has happened to him, but it's still not clear. Homelander remains the series' hook, but all the other characters seem to have hit a wall. What's up with The Deep? His arc is building since season's 1 ending with no clear path as of now.The first two episodes are kind of weird. Billy's sudden appearance does not fit in the story, and his actions seem more erratic than ever. Maybe something has happened to him, but it's still not clear. Homelander remains the series' hook, but all the other characters seem to have hit a wall. What's up with The Deep? His arc is building since season's 1 ending with no clear path as of now. I hope the season gets better in the next episodes. Expand
  24. Oct 9, 2020
    A real shame. Season 1 was awesome, new fresh. Season 2 was, well, it had pretty good moments, very gory and impacting moments, but it also went to the leftists political views like the rest of Hollywood crap, and that has hurt the show, like a lot. It's not as bad as GoT ending, but it's just another show, nothing special anymore.
  25. Sep 21, 2020
    What everyone else said already in the comment section below. thanks for reading.
  26. Sep 10, 2020
    A lot of the reviews I have seen for this are about how the episodes are being released 1 a week rather than all at once, I would have prefered them all at once too but grow up the episodes are good don't review them badly because of that. I loved season 1 and the start of season 2 look really good too, it feels slightly slow, to begin with, but that is just as it is setting up events forA lot of the reviews I have seen for this are about how the episodes are being released 1 a week rather than all at once, I would have prefered them all at once too but grow up the episodes are good don't review them badly because of that. I loved season 1 and the start of season 2 look really good too, it feels slightly slow, to begin with, but that is just as it is setting up events for the next episodes. Expand
  27. Sep 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 1 was fresh and interesting; this one is boring. Not enough action, 1 dimensional characters, ie whinging Hughie, Angry black man "mother's milk", the confused frenchman/the Deep. Not to mention the Homelander's disgusting milk fetish.

Finally, the delayed release of episodes in this day and age is unacceptable.
  28. Sep 4, 2020
    I'm only the first episode in and already the funeral of Translucent has made me howl with laughter. This show's just so much fun. That's the main takeaway: there's nothing this much fun on TV right now, full stop. Seeing the sad 'in memoriam' footage of Translucent's childhood, just shots of a floating yarmulke, or a baby's onesie with nothing inside it, killed me.

Homelander is still

Homelander is still utterly terrifying in his ability to switch from faux sincerity to icy hatred. Huey is still a bit of a wet blanket, but a necessary avatar for the viewer I guess. And now we have Breaking Bad's big bad as the uber-villain.

Downsides? Well, Karl Urban's accent's still bloody awful. But that's about it. Really, this show is just a joy at a time when far too much stuff is either over-serious and dull, or lacking in substance and frivolous. This has substance, it has characters with depth, it has traumas...but it's also just a totally mad, chaotic bag of dumb fun at the same time. I loved the first series and I'd be surprised if I don't end up loving the second too.
  29. Sep 10, 2020
    Great as ever, they really hooked me on the first season. I hope more season and great stories.
  30. Sep 10, 2020
    Me molestó que ahora sea semanal los capítulos.
    Tenemos cosas que hacer, había apartado el fin de semana para verla, pero ahora resulta que ellos me dirán cómo tengo que verla.-
  31. Oct 9, 2020
    **** you with your leftist propaganda. I can't look at it anymore, I was hooked by the first season, but because of the LEFT propaganda, the second season is impossible to watch
  32. Sep 21, 2020
    Prime is the unwanted red headed step child of the streaming world. Amazon demonstrating to the world Why NETFLIX is the Crown Jewel of streaming services. GIVE THE PEEEeeeEEeeeoooOooopPPppPLLllLlllLlEEEeeeee… WHAT THEY WANT!
  33. Sep 21, 2020
    Not shocked. The company who can’t even get two-day shipping done anymore, fumbles their golden goose show. Stick to warehouse and inventory, leave the streaming to the professionals – like Netflix.
  34. Sep 22, 2020
    The SeVen. When the Justice League is too busy, they’ll have to do…...............
  35. Sep 22, 2020
    What’s with Seth Rogan’s crusade against Christianity? What if a show was made to denigrate his faith to this extent? OFFENSIVE!
  36. Sep 23, 2020
    If you like this, then you’ll love Eric Kripke’s other Smash HiT --- How to Lose Audience in One Season. Directed by Bill Em’ Two-Cycles and Starring Insult Them.
  37. Sep 24, 2020
    I find it absolutely repulsing that this series depicts the forceable workplace rape of an innocent womyn. Stop me if you heard this one before --- Beautiful Womyn is lured by an evil sick sexually depraved man in a position of authority AND in order to keep this career that she worked sooooo hard for she is compelled to betray her every instinct and live with shame and regret. Right outI find it absolutely repulsing that this series depicts the forceable workplace rape of an innocent womyn. Stop me if you heard this one before --- Beautiful Womyn is lured by an evil sick sexually depraved man in a position of authority AND in order to keep this career that she worked sooooo hard for she is compelled to betray her every instinct and live with shame and regret. Right out of the Weinstein playbook. The Boys writers must be Harvey disciples. #MeToo Expand
  38. Sep 7, 2020
    To everyone reviewing this epic show based on how the episodes are being released; cry me a river. The most entitled cry babies on the internet are all around me. The future of Amazon's streaming app rides on this show, so they can build hype anyway they like. It's a cheap subscription, yet we get top tier FX. The episodes are long, and hardly contain any filler. We are witnessingTo everyone reviewing this epic show based on how the episodes are being released; cry me a river. The most entitled cry babies on the internet are all around me. The future of Amazon's streaming app rides on this show, so they can build hype anyway they like. It's a cheap subscription, yet we get top tier FX. The episodes are long, and hardly contain any filler. We are witnessing Homelander earn an Emmy each week. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Expand
  39. Oct 9, 2020
    Not up to Season 1 standards; the plot has barely moved in 3 episodes, we are pretty much where we started at the beginning of the season. A lot "check boxing" going on too (GirlPower! Lesbians! muh Patriarchy!, Raaaacism!) that does not help move the barely existent plot.

Homelander is still a complete gem though (never change Homelander!)... Hughie on the other hand has been turned into a quivering cuck which is unfortunate. Every scene with Hughie is painful to watch at this point. And Butcher also seems to be stuck running in place, like most of the characters, after 3 episodes. How about having something happen!

Update: After episode 7, The Boys has officially jumped the shark with it's wokeness. Congrats to Seth Rogan et al. on destroying another franchise that could have gone somewhere.

Update #2: Episode 8 has many redeeming qualities that help with paying of the season, so I have revised back upwards; it's still unfortunate they didn't spread out what they packed into episode 8 into the rest of the season to make it more interesting, but still a decent payoff in the last episode.
  40. Sep 7, 2020
    The Boys continues to be the best superhero show, by being the perfect anti-superhero show.
  41. Sep 12, 2020
    Imagine being such a whiny **** that you review bomb a fantastic, well-crafted show just because you can't watch it all in one sitting. Staggering the release gives people something else to look forward to every weekend with one half of the country on fire, and the other half in lockdown.
  42. Sep 7, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its starting slowly, it reminds you where it stops at season 1. Cant wait to see more. Homelander is the most realistic Super"hero" ever created Expand
  43. Sep 10, 2020
    Disgusting greedy tactics by amazon taking away the freedom of watching a episodes of a series however you please in exchange for the outdated and backwards ideology of weekly episodes. This has been done to swell an already massive fan base for increased profit and despite some welcoming the change there was nothing stopping people from waiting once a week before, but people who enjoyedDisgusting greedy tactics by amazon taking away the freedom of watching a episodes of a series however you please in exchange for the outdated and backwards ideology of weekly episodes. This has been done to swell an already massive fan base for increased profit and despite some welcoming the change there was nothing stopping people from waiting once a week before, but people who enjoyed to binge or watch maybe once or twice a night have had their preferences stripped. Totally ridiculous to take a step back towards the days of cable television and eliminate the modern ad better way of enjoying a series with full momentum. Expand
  44. Sep 12, 2020
    Cool, the boys it's not standart show because in show we don's see many gays, Anita Sarkisian, Trans , Helicopters and any words . Many blood, many real see on live
  45. Sep 10, 2020
    2 points off for weekly updates.

Most low score are coming from those who think this show should not attack Trump or whatever propaganda. I personally think the political elements are well balanced and protracted A little repeated plots, less humors than last season. But ok
  46. Sep 4, 2020
    As much as season 1 was refreshing, nuanced, tongue-in-cheek and just fun, season 2's first episode is plodding, ham-fisted, repetitive, badly photographed (shaky cams everywhere) and not very well acted.
    Simply boring.
    2 points for the memories, I guess...
  47. Sep 5, 2020
    Season 1 was a huge hit and a lot of fun, so what do they do? The creators decide that season 2 has to teach viewers a lesson. Now, according to the creators, it's about white supremacy, the Trump administration, and every other current grievance. Sounds fun? It's not.

I don't know why shows can't stick with entertaining people anymore, but The Boys, like so many other shows, has fallen victim to the current political trends of Hollywood. Even if you enjoyed season 1 like I did, you should give this a pass.
  48. Sep 5, 2020
    Judging by the first three episodes, this is a worthy continuation of the first season. The first season only introduced us to the "Boys" universe, and the second season will develop everything that was in the first season, for me this is the best non-standard series about superheroes, it perfectly reflects the problems of our realities, all the same lies and hypocrisy only in superhero wrap.
  49. Sep 7, 2020
    The first three episodes of the second season demonstrate its potential and greatness.
    This series, along with Daredevil and The Umbrella Academy, are superior to all other television series that have been released.
  50. Oct 9, 2020
    A fun show, that was better in season 1, and then after it got some fans started getting ads everywhere and pushing leftist propaganda. nothing against left. something against propaganda
  51. Sep 13, 2020
    First, I want to appeal to all the trolls and fanboys who accuse indignant people of infantilism. I will try to explain to you what exactly we are complaining about.

Yes, people were ready to put up with it in the seventies, when there were really objective reasons for the weekly episodes. For those of you who cannot understand this, the television companies had to look for compromises, since, firstly, they had to allocate time for different shows so that they would not offend anyone, and so the episode was released at a time when the largest number of people had the opportunity to watch it.

However, all these reasons are no longer relevant when people can themselves observe the most convenient time and way of watching tv for them. Those who prefer to stretch the watching could do this even with a one-time release of the whole season. But the majority of those who like to watch all the episodes in their entirety over the weekend were deprived of such an opportunity. That is why majority is indignant here, and not because they behave like children who 'were not allowed to eat all the sweets at once'.

In fact, there is no real reason to release a series this way other than to make you pay for a subscription longer. I will never believe that this was the showrunner's decision, if there is a contradiction even in his words - 'we want you to discuss each episode for a longer time with a week break, so we decided to release the first three episodes at once'. Of course, I understand that most of you are just trolls, but if suddenly there are real Amazon fanboys, you are simply cheated on money, and you rejoice and malign over those people who understand this.

The worst thing for me is that I'm afraid the company is working on tactics to distribute the Lord of the Rings series, which I'm really looking forward to. If they release it in the same way, it will be a huge disappointment for me and for many others. People, don't let this happen. Burning out your dissatisfaction with the way the product for which you pay is distributed is the absolute norm.

Vote with your dollar. They must understand that in this way they will lose more than they earn.
  52. Sep 7, 2020
    One of the best series of the moment with its raw and harsh satire towards the reality we live in, which makes me not wish that superheroes exist.
  53. Sep 7, 2020
    Just great! Characters feel more realistic and superheroes with real problems
  54. Sep 17, 2020
    Don't mind me. Just here to offset all the manchildren spamming 1s because they're mad they'll have to watch this on a weekly basis.
  55. Sep 12, 2020
    I keep comparing this to Game of Thrones in my head. Not because they are the same. Rather, that "feeling" I (we) got falling in love with that world, the characters, and their realities.
    It's also shocking like GoT, and in the most over-the-top manner. Violence, but so extreme...you eventually accept it in the same manner you accept it in a comic.
    I gave it a 9/10 simply because I'm not
    I gave it a 9/10 simply because I'm not crazy about a character names "Frenchie." I find him uninteresting in comparison to the other interesting and complex characters-but that's a small complaint.
    You should DEFINITELY watch it. "The Boys' came out of now where and kicked my ass, and I love it.
    Butcher-absolutely rocks! I really believe this show is the "next" big thing.
  56. Sep 4, 2020
    What is this **** about releasing episodes weekly? Are we going back to the time of the dark ages of television? Netflix releases all episodes of original shows at once and it works. So why doesn't amazon do the same? The first season of the boys was released all at once.
  57. Sep 4, 2020
    The best film I have ever seen even better then season 1 can't wait for season 3
  58. Oct 13, 2020
    Absolutely brilliant! Diabolically funny and witty. Does have its down moments but nothing to downgrade it at all if you turn the analitical part of your brain down. Obviously childs would whine about the political msg but its brilliant.
  59. Oct 9, 2020
    The Boys season 2 is a mixed bag as it starts strong enough, and ends strong enough (though predictably) but there is a lot of filler and there is not as much of a shock factor as Season 1. New antagonist Storm-Front becomes more interesting but as the series is only 8 episodes, her story isn't fleshed out enough for my liking.
  60. Oct 10, 2020
    Like butcher said **** these **** the show was amazing
  61. Oct 2, 2020
    So the show is great but this review is about the aftershow which apparently is made by a bunch of left wing nuts. I mean I watch the aftershow because i want more of the boys instead they find a way to shoehorn BLM and bash confederate statues. In one of the earlier episodes they hate on fans that disagree with their politics. I'm a moderate and hate far right and far left equally.So the show is great but this review is about the aftershow which apparently is made by a bunch of left wing nuts. I mean I watch the aftershow because i want more of the boys instead they find a way to shoehorn BLM and bash confederate statues. In one of the earlier episodes they hate on fans that disagree with their politics. I'm a moderate and hate far right and far left equally. Frankly I don't care what you believe as long as you don't shove it in my face which this aftershow does constantly. As a sidenote episode 7 of the boys shows a young man radicalized by the far right resulting in a murder(the irony which is apparantly lost on all the actors, producers, and director is that the far left has been radicalizing young men and women resulting in murders). Its hilarious that they show a young man going nuts because of the far right media when the reality is literally the exact opposite. Talk about being trapped in an echo chamber/bubble. One note to the creators of the show that hates anyone that doesn't blindly agree with their politics. Star wars was the most valuable intellectual property in the world until the morons currently running it did exactly what you are doing. They hated on the fans that didn't agree with the extremely progressive politics. Star wars is now a shadow of its former self and has really been driven into the ground. Don't make fun of your target market/know your audience. Don't be tone deaf. If you don't like your fanbase just keep your opinions to yourself. Don't berate the people giving you money because they aren't sycophant yes men who agree with whatever you say. If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. My child knows this yet somehow people in powerful positions in Hollywood don't get that which just shows a child has better sense than many of the decision makers in hollywierd. I love the show but this season went way political which is fine to a degree. I just wish they would bash the left as much as they bash the right since, as I said I think both the far left and far right are nutjobs. Expand
  62. Sep 20, 2020
    La migliore serie da 15 anni, irriverente, tragica e comica allo stesso tempo
  63. Oct 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The boys:

A world where superheroes are basically dickheads, a world where superheroes have the stress and mental state as normal humans like you and me.

Things I like:

1. The concept: Superheroe movies have always been about them being the good guys, take marvel: avengers for example, the boys however takes a very different and gory route, they basically take real life with a team of super heroes, like the justice league, and turn it into a super hero gore movie which personally Is refreshing to the superhero genre. (Update for season 2): season 2 expands this adding more superheroes to The Sevan, storm front (SPOILER) a nazi who ends up in a relationship with home lander (the dickhead superman of this world), they also add various details and show more screen time of characters that were barley in season 1 like Black Noir.

2: the gore: gore has been a HUGE thing about the boys season 1, with the return of the boys in season 2, this season gets more gory, they actually advertise the more gore this season has, and they've earned it, (SPOILER) for example in the courtroom, where billy tries to bring down Vought with Vogelbaum, but eventually fails as the court is interrupted by the deaths of people by their heads exploding. they've obviously have a bigger budget giving the team who worked on this tv show less restrictions, More props, better quality CGI, and etc....

3. The character development: now I will admit, this seasons character development is worse then season 1, where there was a lot of it, fortunately it’s good enough to pass as “good” in my eyes and
    They still give out small details and huge details about characters, like storm front (SPOILER) who is revealed as a nazi, now this will be in the things I don’t like also, because of the badder quality this time around with a bigger budget.

Things I don’t like:

1. Character development: read my other character development to understand why I feel this way.

2. Fight scenes: obviously you would expect a way better improvement on a better budget compared to season 1, unfortunately they seem to have put their budget on Gore, which don't get me wrong I like, And it makes this series unique, but it would've been cool if they added more fight scenes.

(my side of the recent review bombs on season 2)

Unfortunately there's a lot of people upset about weekly episodes release on Thursday, Amazon prime video, now I do agree that they did season 1 better then what they did currently with season 2, and hopefully this is fixed in season 3, but I do not support the review bombing this has gotten, it's a good show, and doesn't deserve it, if you want to spread your word, do it in other means please.
  64. Sep 16, 2020
    I thought I'd have to drop a review here because of the overprivileged children who are putting low ratings not because of the quality of the the show, which is amazing, but because it's weekly.

This is a brilliant, gory, hilarious and intelligent show, and all the writers and actors involved should be proud of themselves. I cam looking forward to the next show, I mean I do I have some semblance of a life, I can wait a few days.
  65. Sep 25, 2020
    Tem que ser um perdedor fracassado para fazer review bombing porque os eps saem semanalmente. A segunda temporada é de excelente qualidade e ta no topo das melhores séries atualmente
  66. Oct 11, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. The Boys Season 2 managed to surpass my expectations honestly. Going into this, all I expected was more of the first season. But after waiting week after week for each individual episode to release, it only helped me appreciate the individual aspects of each part of the story and it only got me more and more excited for the next episode. I'll start off by saying I actually enjoyed the slower pace, it helped to build things up and have a story that's clearly going to just go straight into season 3 in a bigger overarching plot. And a slower, more character driven plot really helped me to actually give more of a **** about the people inhabiting this world. In season 1, as great as it was, the only person who's death I would've cared about was Butcher's. But In season 2, the writers make a tremendous effort to expand on these characters and make them less expendable. Frenchie is a prime example of this. His development alongside Kimiko and Lamplighter this season was fantastic and it helped turn these characters more into real people rather than just likeable stereotypes made to subvert a certain type of character. The performances have been even better this time around too, the development and expansion of characters helped give the actors an opportunity to really show off the talents they have, particularly Antony Starr and Karl Urban. The finale of these season was by far my favourite episode, it'd been exactly what the entire season had been building up to and it made the slow pace and constant build up worth it. That scene with Butcher and Homelander's confrontation was just phenomenal and genuinely award worthy. Stormfront's death was haunting and watching her mumble out her memories in German somehow made me feel bad for a character that was practically the spawn of Satan. Watching Butcher completely see red after Becca's death was terrifying and it really helped me realise Urban's true talent as an actor. And Antony Starr's performance as Homelander was by far the best in the show, each minuscule facial expression on the man says a thousand words and you can see the inner torment in his eyes even if he's not saying or doing anything particularly maniacal. The entire season has built him up to lose his **** as some point as as it looks like he's about to finally let go, his big moment was taken away from him and I thought it was brilliant and it's going to make the point where he finally loses his **** all the more perfect. His anger when he realised his son was gone was so **** spine chilling and when Butcher stands up and tells him no, my God that laugh felt incredibly real and it made Homelander seem all the more like an actual person with godly powers who's on the brink of losing his **** completely. I think without the finale, I may not be looking at season 2 in such a positive light as I am now. It does have its problems, there's clear points where they're just trying to drag us along and I really wish they'd stop with these 30 second fights that are put in trailers to hype us up but only end up being anticlimactic. There's one good fight in the season and it;s in the finale, which is by far the best episode, followed by episode 6. I think that it's probably a perfect season finale, filled with phenomenal character moments that pay off on what's been built up for a whole season, it subverted expectations incredibly well having things that we didn't expect but absolutely make sense, especially the twist of the head popper in the end like Jesus it mad perfect sense but not one person saw it coming. The finale also set up for next season well too, making us want more and still having us crave something but not leaving us too unsatisfied that we were disappointed, I think it found a perfect blend. The season also improved on both its colour grading and editing which I thought was a much needed improvement and was one of my only big problems with the first season. Each episode brought something new to the table and while the weekly release schedule made it so that some individual episodes felt slightly underwhelming, (particularly episodes 4 and 5) it also made the constant guessing and hype for the future episodes was felt and it made it all the more enjoyable when something huge happened. The last 3 episodes were the best of the season by far and really paid off on what the previous stuff had built up upon. Overall, The Boys Season 2 was a phenomenal second installment that improved on a lot but also did a lot of stuff that I didn't expect and took the series in an unexpected direction that I am beyond excited to see come to light. Everything, from the acting, to the character writing, to the shocking moments, to the twists and turns, to the soundtrack was turned up a notch and made a second season for sure worth watching. Also, it's clearly making fun of certain political agendas and Stormfront was shown to be despicable so how does that warrant a low rating?
    4.5/5
    Overall - 9/10
  67. Oct 2, 2020
    To everyone zeroing this season because it's "leftist," here's you: WAAAAAAAAH! Boohoo, you don't like the politics. Maybe it's because it's showing you just how easy it is for demagogues like Trump to trick simple-minded people with fearmongering and memes, and it's hitting a little too close to home. The show is awesome. Deal with it.
  68. Oct 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Literally exploded heads. Everything is well tied (except the eyes of the senator who should have changed in court too). I haven't been looking forward to a new season in a long time. Exceptional. Expand
  69. Oct 10, 2020
    Improved from season 1. Still fun, surprising and fresh take on the superhero genre
  70. Oct 24, 2020
    First season was awesome! 10/10! Fresh! Story/action packed! The second one is a disaster. Like all writers from first were brutally killed and replaced by some brainwashed NPCs.

Let's face it, there is nothing in there to back up it's naming. It's not about "Boys" anymore. It's about some pathetic group of male losers who run from one powerful woman to another... Second season gone full

Second season gone full feminist/sjw sh&t. And on top of that, all it's NPCs decided to suddenly tell their "childhood" stories no one actually cares about. Really. Everyone of them. It's so cringe and pathetic words can't express. This boring mess could be cut to only 2 episodes, nothing of value would be lost. What a shame...
  71. Oct 20, 2020
    The script is based on pure convienence, the characters are all shielded by plot armor to cover for their idioticy (being on most wanted list but hanging out on busy NYC streets), and the padding amounts for half the season. They cannot even be bothered to keep track of character powers or apply logic to their use. Homelander only has super-hearing or speed when the plot requires it.The script is based on pure convienence, the characters are all shielded by plot armor to cover for their idioticy (being on most wanted list but hanging out on busy NYC streets), and the padding amounts for half the season. They cannot even be bothered to keep track of character powers or apply logic to their use. Homelander only has super-hearing or speed when the plot requires it. Starlight's power is electricity based yet they were not able to realize that Stormfront would super-charge her. Stormfront is invulnerable to ANY damage even Homelander's full-powered lasers, except for a knife weilded by a regular human.

This was an incredibly disappointing season before the cringe inducing memes, that anti-SJWs are equated with actual Nazis, and the woke nonsense that starts off pretty subdued but by the end of the season is rammed into your face.

Perhaps the writers should focus on a comprehensive and logical story instead of just stuffing it full of fake satire. If you are are actually doing what they are pretending to make fun of, that is not satire.
  72. Oct 20, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I still quite like the boys but I do think it is a downgrade from the previous season. Whilst I still like many aspects of the show such as the cinematography and the gore (seriously the prcatical effects for gore are so good) I felt that this season was a bit too melodramatic. The key theme of the story felt a bit too on-the-nose. Whilst I 100% agree with shows addressing the plague that is racism in society making it such a caricature risks alienating the exact audience its attempting to reach. Some of Stormfront's dialogue is so cringy it takes me out of the story. With that said, I do like the general direction and I particularly enjoyed the twist at the end so I'll still watch the next season. Expand
  73. Oct 20, 2020
    It's 4AM. I'm tired and therefore this will be a quick review. Although evil superheroes is not a surprising revolutionary story to be told since it has been done many times in the medium of films, games, comics and etc The Boys still excels at it. This Season was a great expansion to the universe established in Season 1 and dare I say it in my onion it was a lot better in every way. TheIt's 4AM. I'm tired and therefore this will be a quick review. Although evil superheroes is not a surprising revolutionary story to be told since it has been done many times in the medium of films, games, comics and etc The Boys still excels at it. This Season was a great expansion to the universe established in Season 1 and dare I say it in my onion it was a lot better in every way. The characters and their relationships have been fleshed out and expanded really well. Homelander is one of the scariest characters I've ever had the pleasure to watch and is by far the best character in the show. The show has a clear direction/vision which is very well executed. The CGI is very well done when present. You can feel the love and dedication poured into the making of this show and it made me very excited to see what the rest of this story unfolds into. Expand
  74. Oct 23, 2020
    "Keep politics out of muh movies!!11!!, but only when it doesn't match my own worldview!" even though almost every medium has politics in it to some degrees I guess they aren't subtle enough for these smooth brains.
    But other than making fun of the funny reviews manlets wrote, the show is 7.5/10 gets a little too edgy, let's see what they have for season 3, you can now binge watch it, all episodes are out.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 15 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Crump
    Oct 5, 2020
    Amazing that “The Boys” juggles each of its storylines without fumbling most of them. Conceptually, the season’s a jumble. Practically, it works remarkably well, juvenile in the way everything producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg touch should be but smart enough to know when not to be dumb as rocks (or, at least, to know when to take itself seriously and when to burst heads like grapes).
  2. Reviewed by: Matthew Dessem
    Sep 8, 2020
    The Boys is just flip and nihilistic enough to capture the full range of the suck, from the parasocial relationships we use to replace human connections to the active shooter drills with which we traumatize our children. As a result, it’s the first thing I’ve watched since the pandemic began that provided any meaningful catharsis. The Boys strikes a tone that Chaplin missed but the Stooges understood: If you want to satirize a sick culture, speeches about the brotherhood of man won’t cut it. Sometimes you’ve gotta unleash the lions.
  3. Reviewed by: Ben Travers
    Sep 4, 2020
    “The Boys” is still an imperfect beast, but it gets so many parts right — I haven’t even talked about the skilled stunt work or expertly staged action scenes — that you’re likely to get caught up in its gorging satire. Performances, moments, and specific lines will sneak up and level you. And most of the time, it’s when you’re in need of a good leveling.