• Network: SHOWTIME
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 27, 2020
6.0

1. Sep 28, 2020
    The Comey Rule tries way too hard and edgy as Adam McKay's Vice that it turned out to be a drag after a few hours. However, there are a couple laughs I did not expect to get out of after seeing this and I did enjoyed some parts of it. And let's admit it, the actor that portrayed Donald Trump is hauntingly good and the makeup in this show is top notch no doubt about it. Well, let's see whatThe Comey Rule tries way too hard and edgy as Adam McKay's Vice that it turned out to be a drag after a few hours. However, there are a couple laughs I did not expect to get out of after seeing this and I did enjoyed some parts of it. And let's admit it, the actor that portrayed Donald Trump is hauntingly good and the makeup in this show is top notch no doubt about it. Well, let's see what 2020 holds till the elections comes out that could end up good for a change or bad. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Rodrigo Perez
    Oct 5, 2020
    Ultimately, and rather uninterestingly, “The Comey Rule” becomes hagiographic and enamored with Comey’s self-made myth of duty and loyalty above all and the self-serving notion that if mistakes were made, they were made in the name of higher truths.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Cumming
    Oct 5, 2020
    A surprising amount of tension builds around outcomes we already know. But at three and a half hours, it is far too long, and too often slips into the kind of self-regard and portentousness Americans are so fond of showing towards their major institutions.
  3. Reviewed by: Anita Singh
    Oct 1, 2020
    The drama is framed by a narrator, deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, for no particular reason. It feels like a show you’ve seen a hundred times before – lots of talking in brown rooms with unpleasant lighting, acronyms and beige raincoats and meetings on park benches.