• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 29, 2015
7.3

1. Sep 30, 2015
    While not nearly as compelling as CBS' Limitless or ABC's Blood and Oil, Grinder is lighthearted fun that could be good. It will have to get better, because honestly, it needs improvement. The premiere was funny, but the unrealistic celebrity worship was definitely overdone. I realize that's how it is IRL with some of these actors, but I guess I'm just embarrassed for my fellow AmericansWhile not nearly as compelling as CBS' Limitless or ABC's Blood and Oil, Grinder is lighthearted fun that could be good. It will have to get better, because honestly, it needs improvement. The premiere was funny, but the unrealistic celebrity worship was definitely overdone. I realize that's how it is IRL with some of these actors, but I guess I'm just embarrassed for my fellow Americans who idolize actors, and prefer not to be reminded of the culturally-bankrupt phenomenon. The main character wasn't introspective at all, just another self-loving celebrity. It would be nice to see some serious character development, because I just don't care about him. And the family members of Fred Savage's character don't seem very bright. Are they trying to say that only the lawyer in the family is intelligent? This has some potential, but it just isn't that great. I would probably watch another episode if I were bored with nothing to do, but I won't make the time to watch another like I will for Limitless and Blood & Oil. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2015
    Fred Savage is very good in this but Rob Lowe's character is a cartoon. He isn't real. I just don't like his character at all. I think I will occasionally watch this show in hopes it gets better.
  3. Sep 30, 2015
    Grinder was kind of a grind to watch. It didn't make me laugh once but not as wretchedly bad as I had anticipated. Maybe it's because I am not a fan of Rob Lowe in pretty much anything.
  4. Sep 30, 2015
    I like Rob Lowe and Fred Savage, and I like the comedy potential here. But the pilot was uneven. Some of it was funny and a lot of fun. Some of it was very dull. There needs to be more consistency and development of this plot. I'm worried this will get old real fast.
  5. Oct 21, 2015
    This could have been a really sweet show. Except, Rob Lowe is a tad more annoying than Dean should have been. I know he's supposed to be annoying but Rob Lowe's overacting creates some sort of badactingception in this show. Surprisingly, Fred Savage, the usual suspect to be the flop of the show, is quite a fit for his role and handling it very well. Also, the side characters, well theyThis could have been a really sweet show. Except, Rob Lowe is a tad more annoying than Dean should have been. I know he's supposed to be annoying but Rob Lowe's overacting creates some sort of badactingception in this show. Surprisingly, Fred Savage, the usual suspect to be the flop of the show, is quite a fit for his role and handling it very well. Also, the side characters, well they could have well used props instead. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The show is very smart.
  2. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Sep 29, 2015
    Dean's goofy legal maneuverings--we're talking one step up from Mr. Brady's whiplash-busting briefcase toss--may strain the premise eventually, but after last season's wretched record for comedies, a sitcom that consistently amuses is worthy of acquittal.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott D. Pierce
    Sep 29, 2015
    The pilot is funny but pretty much one-note; continued success will depend on the writers coming up with more for Lowe, Savage and the supporting cast to do.