6.8

1. Nov 1, 2019
    Jenn Aniston is great as Alex, Mark Duplass is really solid in his supporting/lead role, and it's shot really well. Don't love Reese in it on the whole, but overall think this is a solid show. Great pilot, too.
  2. Nov 3, 2019
    The Morning Show is full of dramatic Moments and Jennifer Aniston swearing. Love it. I like the fact that it is not another lawyer series. I welcome the fresh approach to do a “Morning Show” in a series.
  3. Nov 2, 2019
    A thrilling show, anchored by a mesmerising Jennifer Aniston. Don’t let the anti mass entertainment critics put you off.
  4. Nov 1, 2019
    Fantastic show, fantastic cast, that’s all that needs to be said, I would recommend this show to anyone, 10/10!
  5. Nov 3, 2019
    Great performances of spectacular writing. A top notch production. I would recommend this to anyone with a pulse.
  6. Nov 5, 2019
    There are some interesting scenes/ideas, but none of them are thoroughly explored and I found all of the characters pretty uninteresting, unrelatable, and mostly unlikable. The show tries to make you care about Alex with a few emotional scenes, but I was left feeling like "I don't know anything about this character, and I don't really care that she's sad. All I know is that she's a richThere are some interesting scenes/ideas, but none of them are thoroughly explored and I found all of the characters pretty uninteresting, unrelatable, and mostly unlikable. The show tries to make you care about Alex with a few emotional scenes, but I was left feeling like "I don't know anything about this character, and I don't really care that she's sad. All I know is that she's a rich TV host that lost her philandering work partner. boohoo I guess?" The show keeps trying for these emotional payoffs that it doesn't spend any time building up to, so they just feel awkward. Also, I was thoroughly distracted by the amount of Apple product placement (the first 5 minutes of the show feels like an extended iPhone ad) Expand
  7. Nov 2, 2019
    A série cumpre seu papel de entreter e apenas isso, falta carismas nos personagens e uma roteiro melhor no mas é uma série que da pra assistir.
  8. Nov 13, 2019
    Flat-out bad. Aniston deserves better. She and Crudup are perhaps the only redeeming qualities. The writing is god awful in this show -- and in the show-within-the-show (have these writers ever watched morning television of been in a newsroom?) What a mess.
  9. Nov 9, 2019
    The show has its moments. But a lot of the writing is boring, uneven, and often doesn’t make sense. Witherspoon’s character does a lot of stuff that doesn’t make sense, and doesn’t have believable repercussions. I’m sure it’s annoying other viewers as well.
  10. Nov 11, 2019
    Great cast. Great writing. Episode 4 really picked up the pace. Interesting to see where the show goes
  11. Nov 13, 2019
    Quite a surprise given the presumptions about the show’s plot. Watched through episode four (thurs far), and the tone, acting, and photography are all exceptionally tight. Writing came off as unexpectedly smart, and the themes of fame, power structures, and the modern media landscape are thoroughly enjoyable to watch. Earnestly looking forward to the remainder of the season.
  12. Nov 13, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first heard about The Morning Show, I was expecting something like The Newsroom meets Broadcast News. Instead I found the show to be a passable if not totally persuasive attempt to live up to both of the previous shows I mentioned. Given that The Newsroom had issues of its own, the fact that it was written and created by Aaron Sorkin, someone I truly admire and respect gave it at least a semblance of tight writing and storylines. This is not to say TMS was a dud. Jennifer Aniston is well cast as is Reese Witherspoon. I found Steve Carell grew on me as the series progressed, but ultimately he left me bereft of feeling any real emotional resonance. The show seems to want to be a political exercise in 21st century moral and ethical mores, and I found the MeToo aspect of the show somewhat tedious and neutered as we never got to see the relationship between Carell and Aniston develop or even take shape. This was a big problem for me because without that relationship to cement the series I felt TMS cut itself off at the knees and I found it then cannabalized itself in trying to recreate the central relationship of the series in anecdotes, hearsay and emotional memory. A big issue. The writing by Kerry Ehrin is decent, if not illuminating or given to any sense of the way people really think and then speak, meaning it was forced into the mold of its thematic structure instead of being organic to the needs of the characters. Mimi Leder's direction is always tight and smart and the other cast members I thought were really outstanding including an amazing Mark Duplass, a convincingly slimy Billy Crudup and the breath of fresh air, Gugu Mbatha Raw. So, all in all watchable if not memorable. Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2019
    I was so surprised about this show. I hate watching shows, I just watch them, cause my wife loves to watch shows, I rather fall asleep or do something on the computer meantime. But this one hooked me. The other apple shows are lame to me, this one is fantastic, can’t really tell you why, I love the story, the idea, writing and acting. Can’t wait for other episodes to come.
  14. Nov 6, 2019
    I stayed up late binging on this for a **** good reason. It’s juicy and **** fun. Like Big Little Lies juicy. Jennifer Anniston is

1. Reviewed by: Sophie Gilbert
    Nov 1, 2019
    The first three episodes made available to critics are remarkably flat for such a lavish venture. ... When The Morning Show finally gets its setup established, and starts to grapple with the consequences and the meaning of what Mitch has actually done, the show finds some momentum. It’s at its most fascinating, and meaningful, when it’s picking at the cultural scar tissue left by so many allegations.
  2. Reviewed by: Melanie McFarland
    Nov 1, 2019
    Apple TV+'s series is less about the intricacies of the business than the firestorms resulting when talent egos clash against management callousness. One might understand that more precisely after a slog through the first two episodes. But maybe audiences will forgive the clunky pacing and derivative scenes in those episodes, since "The Morning Show" less about the script than the performances and the star power.
  3. Nov 1, 2019
    It’s honestly pretty fun to watch, all glossy and zippy. But it’s also fundamentally at war with itself.