Apple TV+ | Release Date: November 1, 2019
Generally favorable reviews based on 114 Ratings
Watch Now
Review this TV Series
lussvontrierNov 2, 2019
I've specifically revived my Metacritic account to write this review. It's a 10/10. The story is marvelous and I know the cast is amazing but I just have to say that even if it was played by relatively unknown actors, it would've still beenI've specifically revived my Metacritic account to write this review. It's a 10/10. The story is marvelous and I know the cast is amazing but I just have to say that even if it was played by relatively unknown actors, it would've still been great which means that the inherent script is marvelous. And it is.

Hurray for great screenwriting
franciscoortizNov 3, 2019
I came in cynical, but this show surprised me. The whole cast is great. It's smart and fun! I'm in!
jane23Nov 3, 2019
Deliver on What it promisses, entertainment! The characters captivate and you cheer for both women as each one seeks their place in the sun. The strength of the series is totally feminine without being feminist.
Duck-FanNov 19, 2019
Great show. Never was an Anniston fan until now. High production values and the story is well written. Love it!
rcust1Nov 3, 2019
Surprisingly was Really Good. Solid characters and interesting plot twists.
mcMAXNov 8, 2019
Love this one. Top 3 Apple TV+ right now are See, The Morning Show, Dikinson. The morning show is very interesting and have lots of emotions in there.
StenarNov 19, 2019
I love this show. Jennifer and Reese are sooooooooooooo great. Must-see-TV!
TVJerryMay 14, 2020
When Apple TV+ premiered last November, this was its showcase series (10 one-hour episodes). It begins after a beloved host of a national morning program (Steve Carell) has been fired for sexual misconduct. His co-host of 15-years (JenniferWhen Apple TV+ premiered last November, this was its showcase series (10 one-hour episodes). It begins after a beloved host of a national morning program (Steve Carell) has been fired for sexual misconduct. His co-host of 15-years (Jennifer Aniston) has to pick up the pieces of her hit show, while dealing with the repercussions of the scandal. Meanwhile, a spunky reporter with an impulsive streak (Reese Witherspoon) is hired to replace him and throw everything into disarray. On top of this, numerous personal and relationship issues develop. This is the most penetrating performance that Anniston has ever given. She's joined by an excellent cast that's directed with skill and assurance (Billy Crudup's exec is especially fun). Even though this series could have become a soapbox on harassment issues, the smart writing examines the issue with depth and evenhandedness, while creating individual stories that go beyond one issue to create a completely involving look behind the scenes of a national network. (A 2nd season has been announced, although production was halted due to COVID-19) Expand
SlatsJan 27, 2020
I just finished season 1 and was wowed by this show. I thought the characters were played exceptionally well, both those I loved as well as those I hated (with the latter being as critical to a good drama as the former), with their positionsI just finished season 1 and was wowed by this show. I thought the characters were played exceptionally well, both those I loved as well as those I hated (with the latter being as critical to a good drama as the former), with their positions of power, assumptions and moral compasses being constantly tested. What I found most intriguing, was the nuanced commentary on #metoo. It managed to capture the insidious nature of sexual discrimination; the way it pervades our lives, and how we may unwittingly (or in full knowledge of our actions) feed these behaviours and perpetuate the issue. It highlighted the sheer complexity of the issue and the mountain of work we have to do to bring about workplace - and life - equality. I thought the insight in the perpetrators psyche, and particularly their methods of denying and justifying their own actions, was a real eye opener. If only one person stands up for somebody being sexually discriminated against as a result of this show (I hope it is way more), it will have been a massive win. Expand
chris74Nov 24, 2019
Loved it so far! Great character, good script, top notch acting! I keep on watching
joacoandresenNov 20, 2019
I truly love what I’ve seen so far. Sadly the critics are not focusing on the show, instead they are desperately trying to take down Apple just because it’s Apple. I hope none of those critics used an iPhone, iPad or Mac to write their review.
KeenWatcherNov 22, 2019
After six episodes the morning show just keeps getting better and better. The characters are all so interesting all with their own stories which come out to blossom - and the cinematography is just so stunning throughout.
AntonieMorelloDec 21, 2019
A new purpose for Apple to show their power in the industry, begging its really amazing
Devil_HunterNov 17, 2020
Love the story and how it goes forward, Jennifer Aniston's such a LOVELY and FANTASTIC actress and She did it again in this show, Stunning performance.
Reese Witherspoon's act is amazing,too. And the strength of this two runs the show in the best way.
ckornellNov 20, 2019
Dynamic, interesting characters, great subject. I love that the show has the courage and intelligence to study issues from all sides—even the less popular ones. We need more of this in entertainment. Keep it coming!
Tiger4400Nov 20, 2019
Really liked the first 5 episodes and looking forward to the rest of the season.
YaseenNov 22, 2019
The show gets interestingly better every episode. it's a show with a brand new perspective on Behind The Scenes Television (fictional of course). with interesting character development over the course of series. First few episodes were a bitThe show gets interestingly better every episode. it's a show with a brand new perspective on Behind The Scenes Television (fictional of course). with interesting character development over the course of series. First few episodes were a bit boring but it got better overtime . i'll keep this updated once new episodes come in. Expand
johnstonjayDec 23, 2019
Masterful show emotionally engaging and probably one of the best show I've seen in years and it makes me want to come back for every episode the season ending episode was extremely emotional.
thirionremiDec 25, 2019
Great Series. Doesn’t deserves the bad rating from press. Att all !

Loved it. should be taken as dictionary school case to change reality for the better.
ThomassSep 17, 2020
This is an excellent series. It’s a bit complex to say the least but the production, script ,etc really knocked me over. There are a lot of issues swirling around here and not always easy to see where people are coming from until perhaps theThis is an excellent series. It’s a bit complex to say the least but the production, script ,etc really knocked me over. There are a lot of issues swirling around here and not always easy to see where people are coming from until perhaps the last parts. 2nd viewing clarified a lot. Seen very few shows that are this good. Expand
Tribeca487Aug 14, 2020
If you're a fan of nuanced, ambiguous, grey-area plots, then this is fantastic. Treats the #metoo movement with the complexity that it SHOULD be treated with that you don't get in the mainstream media.
AkuzaFeb 18, 2020
The stars in this should be enough to hold the story up, but it is very intriguing at the beginning, seems lost half way through and tries to finish off a muddle of story at the end. Is it worth getting apple TV for? no absolutely not, watchThe stars in this should be enough to hold the story up, but it is very intriguing at the beginning, seems lost half way through and tries to finish off a muddle of story at the end. Is it worth getting apple TV for? no absolutely not, watch it elsewhere if possible. (even though i am aware this is an apple TV product) i would be interested in a season 2 though to see where they take things with how it ends though i must admit, hence the score. Expand
carlito72Jan 5, 2020
I am an Italian movie director/writer. It's very hard nowadays to find something SO WONDERFULLY WRITTEN. The two main actresses have an incredible charisma. The Cinematography is mind blow, especially on a 4K apple Tv. So far the year's bestI am an Italian movie director/writer. It's very hard nowadays to find something SO WONDERFULLY WRITTEN. The two main actresses have an incredible charisma. The Cinematography is mind blow, especially on a 4K apple Tv. So far the year's best show on Tv. Something to be proud. Congratulations to the producers, crew and actors. Expand
tansonJan 28, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frankly speaking, usually I would just copy and paste the trailer from YouTube and let you guys watch, but not this time. The soundtracks in this show are so fantastic that I just can’t help going over again. (BTW the trailer is awesome, too)
Focusing on Alex Levy and Mitch Kesler, the TV hosts from a Network which produces a popular morning show for over a decade, its culture, behind-the-scene stories and scandals become increasingly intriguing among the public. And oddly, as the only show which hasn’t been affected by the prevailing #Metoo Campaign, something is not right in this seemingly harmonious team. That day has finally come, the successful and beloved Mitch had been accused of severe misconduct over several females, leaving his co-host Alex unhinged at 3am in the morning.As an audience, you can easily feel the dramatic tension within the 2-3 hours before another day’s morning show begins. You follow Alex to sleep, to wake up and work out, to go to work and get shocked by the heavy info, to sit on the chair of the show and broadcast the devastating news to America.
LasseeJan 5, 2021
A fantastic series! I really enjoyed watching it, it’s definitely worth the time! I would really recommend it to everyone who loves a decent show
GeoaveneJan 2, 2020
Série é incrível, Jennifer Aniston está sensacional. Fora o roteiro bem feito e a paisagem. Enfim muito boa
Shahzeb_zaJan 13, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first thing you notice about Apple’s first original series is that they’ve thrown a lot of money at it. From incredible cinematography to jaw-dropping acting performances, “The Morning Show” proves it can stand out in an overflowing melting pot of streaming service TV shows. But it takes its time to show this.

The driver of the plot is a MeToo style scandal which shakes the people who work on a mainstream morning show in New York from the onset. The first few episodes are slow paced, as the crux of the story is set up, moulding the beginnings of strong character arcs however failing to deliver meaningful television which promises a worthy payoff. Perhaps due to the shaken state of all of the characters, it becomes noticeably hard to warm to many of the characters, with my favourite characters only being truly realised towards the end. As we progress through this series, the show seems to be more comfortable and settled within itself- more confident in the ideas it tries to portray. With the senior management layers of authority attempting to undermine and manipulate Jennifer Anniston’s character (the main anchor on this morning show), we see a possible ugly truth behind network shows and their layers of power. By establishing the network as corrupt from the top, the series cleverly leaves this idea of “you can’t trust what anyone says” within the audience, purely due to the corruption shown. Reese Witherspoon’s character shines through as someone who isn’t scared to speak her mind, but as the show progresses she realises the weight of expectations that news anchors feel, and this begins to dial down more into sympathy and empathy for her co-anchor (Jennifer Aniston’s character). It is through the growth of these two characters that we reach the conclusion of the show which sees both of them publicly expose their network for the wrongful things they’ve done- with beyond exceptional performances from both Anniston and Witherspoon. The music, cinematography and acting are all truly something to behold as this show manages to almost put the rest of the series to shame with this masterpiece of a scene. Apple promises us a second series, and if it’s anything like the first, The Morning Show has a lot of powerful storytelling to come.
literarymamaFeb 15, 2020
Wow! This show is outstanding. Everything about this show works. The cast are brilliant and so are their characters. A joy to watch. I can't wait for season two. Nothing not to love about this. If only there were more shows like this.
AllyforChangeAug 12, 2020
Excellent writing, acting, and cinematography support the already interesting topic.
APietschmannNov 14, 2020
So f... Great show! I can just imagine how much true story there is in it. Great cast, great story... love it! Thx Apple for this! Please Start season 2 soon!