Season #: 2, 1
7.3

Watch Now

1. Aug 27, 2021
    When the first season came and went on Comedy Central, I thought, oh well, at least we had one season to spend with these wonderful characters. In swoops HBO MAX and yeah, season two arrives with the same wit, heart, satire of all things show business (Pat! looks like an actual local talk show with wonderful schmaltzy marketing), and the wonderful cast. And between this and The WhiteWhen the first season came and went on Comedy Central, I thought, oh well, at least we had one season to spend with these wonderful characters. In swoops HBO MAX and yeah, season two arrives with the same wit, heart, satire of all things show business (Pat! looks like an actual local talk show with wonderful schmaltzy marketing), and the wonderful cast. And between this and The White Lotus, Molly Shannon can do no wrong. Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2021
    i really enjoyed the first season more. this new one sure has good things, but mostly falls flat

Universal acclaim - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Sonia Saraiya
    Sep 22, 2021
    Some of the plotting in the back half of season two is a little predictable, but the finale brings everyone together for a big shouting match in a cathartic moment that has been a long time coming.
  2. Reviewed by: Jen Chaney
    Aug 26, 2021
    Ultimately, Cary and Brooke — and Pat and Chase, too — have some measure of integrity that they cannot compromise, affording the series just enough sweetness to balance the sour.
  3. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Aug 26, 2021
    It’s even better than the first. The scripts are sharper and more focused — I’ve seen six of the 10 new episodes — and there’s more of Molly Shannon as their mother, which is a good thing. There’s also more character development, as we go further into the individual struggles of Brooke and Cary.