3.3

1. Jan 30, 2021
    SOULLESS. Nuff said.
    ......................................................
  2. Dec 22, 2020
    Nada fiel al material original, parece mas un reality show y lo peor es que sale Amber Heard.
  3. Dec 19, 2020
    El primer capítulo veo una más un Reality Show con el propósito de lanzar actores sin experiencia, sin reconocimiento, para salvar una actriz polémica, nada más, se perdió al esencia del original
  4. Dec 25, 2020
    I just watched the 1st episode and I literally got nothing out of the story. It jumps back and forth, then the story starts, but we don't know the characters yet. Great mistakes some indie filmmaker would not have done. I highly recommend reading the book first, then watching the 94' one, then try on this. Because right now I can't recommend this.
  5. Jan 7, 2021
    Muy aburrida y la presencia de Amber Heard me arruina la vista...
    Que horror
  6. Jan 8, 2021
    Why would anyone think it a good idea to start this story in the middle? I know the book so I can follow what's going on, but my husband never read the book and is hopelessly confused. The 1994 miniseries is 100 times better!
  7. Jan 16, 2021
    I think the overall impression here is 'lazy' - lazy story adaption, lazy storyline development, lazy and minimal character development.
    There is a solid cast here, woefully under-utilised. Great production values. So a lot of missed potential, along with a clear lack of comprehension of what the core themes of the origin story actually were in the minds of those developing and writing the series.
    The mindblowing editorial decision to chop back and forth in time makes little sense and badly damages the narrative, removes any sense of drama and prevents any sense of the stakes in the story. It is impossible to see what the purpose of this timeshifting is - it alienates those familiar with the original story and miniseries, while preventing new/casual viewers from engaging with the new series.
    Also unfortunately, too many audience 'critics' are getting bogged down in their own personal and childish 'we hate Amber Heard' tantrums online instead of considering the actual faults of the series itself.
  8. Dec 17, 2020
    I"ve been anticipating this adaption for over a year and....well....pretty disappointed. I'll say it seems to be somewhat faithful to book...except when it matters. I found the non linear story telling to be confusing and also lessen the impact of the pandemics toll. Quite honestly, i felt like I was watching a "serious" Lifetime/hallmark aftefter-school special. Definitely a weak, cheesyI"ve been anticipating this adaption for over a year and....well....pretty disappointed. I'll say it seems to be somewhat faithful to book...except when it matters. I found the non linear story telling to be confusing and also lessen the impact of the pandemics toll. Quite honestly, i felt like I was watching a "serious" Lifetime/hallmark aftefter-school special. Definitely a weak, cheesy kickoff. Im hoping it gets better and does the novel justice Expand
  9. Dec 17, 2020
    It is amazing how many "professional" critics are giving this a 5/10 but then writing a review that makes it sound far better. I guess they think their credibility is so poor no one will ever notice the discrepency. This version of the Stand is a mess. It deviates from the source material too widely and at times, incoherently. As more epsiodes are aired, this reivew will be updated.It is amazing how many "professional" critics are giving this a 5/10 but then writing a review that makes it sound far better. I guess they think their credibility is so poor no one will ever notice the discrepency. This version of the Stand is a mess. It deviates from the source material too widely and at times, incoherently. As more epsiodes are aired, this reivew will be updated. So far though, it is a pale imitation of the previous mini-series, and far inferior to the unabriged book. Expand
  10. Jan 15, 2021
    They ass-raped this wonderful book. Just godawful. The only good I saw:

Harold. They got him right and Owen Teague should be commended. Stu was adequate. That's it. Everything else was garbage. From the nonsensical changes, to the terrible casting. Even the better soundtrack was unearned (how dare they play Court of the Crimson King in this folly). Most egregious, and boy the fight for
    They ass-raped this wonderful book. Just godawful. The only good I saw:

Most egregious, and boy the fight for this title was fierce, was Ezra Miller as Trashcan Man. He turned him into a drooling idiot. He got nothing right here. He should tear up his SAG card.

Amber Turd was a close second. Can't act and not a charismatic bone in her body. Forget her criminal behavior with Depp, she is terrible, but especially so here.

They even managed to ruin Tom Cullen. Hats off to Bill **** for doing Tom justice. M-O-O-N, that spells acting.

Everyone else was just paint drying. Frannie and Nick also pointed out how.much better the previous attempt was.

Rey replacing Ralph was a huge waste as well. What a horrible, **** character compared to Ralph. Overall just no. This was a huge disappointment on every level. I cant believe Steven King let his name be attached to this.
  11. Jan 14, 2021
    Unable to watch TV series with Amber Heart. One could look, but hatred for Amber Heart does not give any desire to continue.
  12. Jan 4, 2021
    "They wont believe you cuz your a man"
    She Is NOT a victim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Jan 4, 2021
    Actress Amber Heart is really fake and disgusting / makes a bad impression and totally ruined the timing / definitely the worst actress the series can have / will end in failure / my score should be double zero / thanks for reading
  14. Dec 17, 2020
    The Stand was a novel written by Stephen King in 1978. There was a TV mini-series based on the novel in 1994. So, I have to clear those past experiences with the material out of my head so I can appreciate the latest 2020 version. I've only seen the first of 9 episodes. I may return and update my review.

The first episode does not have a linear time line. Just he opposite, the time

The first episode does not have a linear time line. Just he opposite, the time line skips around a great deal. I would say that approach to the material is reasonably interesting and I think it works. Nevertheless, individuals, as a whole, do not deal well with change. Probably almost all who are familiar with the original novel will not like the new take on the non-linear time-line. Also, this type of story telling approach requires that you assimilate the entire plot and are required to wait to the end of the episode so that the different time-pieces fall into place. Most individuals are not able to do that.

Owen Teague as Harold Lauder is the best performance - partly because it is the most interesting role and otherwise because Teague does an excellent job of acting.

You only see Whoppi Goldberg briefly in her role as Mother Abagail. I do not consider Goldberg to be a good actor and she apparently does not have a good interpretation of her Mother Abagail role. She will probably be detrimental to the series. Goldberg should stick to talk-shows where her naturally engaging personality is interesting to watch.

Obviously I'll need to watch the entire 9 episodes before I can render a final judgement.
  15. Feb 11, 2021
    As a big Stephen King fan and reader, I have watched The Stand (of 90s) many times. This modern version... just couldn't convince me. Great production and actors and everything, but as someone mentioned before me, it lacks soul. Forget remakes, they rarely catch up with the original.
  16. Dec 17, 2020
    I've only seen the 1st episode but so far so good. Production quality is high and acting is pretty decent. We shall see going forward how good it really is.
    I went from a 9 after episode 1 down to a rating of 2 after completing the show. Wow. Every episode after the first one is so bad which affirms my fear that CBS was doing the Stand. Why can’t HBO or Netflix get the rights to this great material. Oh well

Mixed or average reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 4, 2021
    Handsomely and dutifully produced. ... Ponderous and bloated parable of good vs. evil. [4 - 17 Jan 2021, p.7]
  2. Reviewed by: Melanie McFarland
    Dec 18, 2020
    This plays out as a bunch of survivors played by a raft of talented people taking a long time to get to the point of it all and making unnecessarily dunderheaded mistakes as they flail about.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Dec 18, 2020
    This iteration of The Stand—rife with empathy and tension, horror and excitement, canny nods to likeminded pop-culture works (Time Bandits!), and even a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it King cameo—gets the haunting job done. It should please newbies and die-hards alike—provided, that is, that anyone presently has the stomach for pandemic-themed entertainment.