• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 4, 2007
3.8

1. Blake
    Apr 9, 2007
    Literally the worst sit com in years. It was not clever. It was not funny. It was not imaginitive. I'd guess they thought they could take another great Daily Show person and have automatic sucess. But the writing was just terrible. I'm guessing some demographic found this funny. But not me. I really expected better out of Cordry than this junk.
  2. elenaa
    Mar 26, 2007
    Loved it, howled with laughter..
  3. EricC
    Mar 23, 2007
    Another Daily Show anchor goes on to star in a show. Cordry now joins the likes of Colbert and Carell. The only difference is that The Office and Colbert Report are easily the most hilarious shows you'll find. The Winner is all out crap. The most unfunny sitcom I have seen since The War At Home. And that is very unfunny. I can't wait to see this show fail, and oh, it will fail. Another Daily Show anchor goes on to star in a show. Cordry now joins the likes of Colbert and Carell. The only difference is that The Office and Colbert Report are easily the most hilarious shows you'll find. The Winner is all out crap. The most unfunny sitcom I have seen since The War At Home. And that is very unfunny. I can't wait to see this show fail, and oh, it will fail. The only thing I enjoyed was seeing Cordry, my least favorite Daily Show correspondent, end up in a pile of vile smelling burning trash like this. Atleast with a laugh track, guys like Jeff H and Dave M won't feel so alone in their laughter, even though they desperately and hopelessly are. I avoid watching Fox now because I might see a comercial for this offensively bad show, a comercial which would only promise another 30 minutes in television hell. Expand
  4. JeffH
    Mar 20, 2007
    so funny I was in tears. Corddry is hilarious.
  5. GregH
    Mar 18, 2007
    A total waste of a talented Cordry. Horrible. Cheesy.Awkward dated laugh track. Not a laugh anywhere. Make it go away. And Rob, go back to the Daily Show!
  6. johns
    Mar 14, 2007
    I really enjoy acting and writing but the laugh track is so offensive it makes the show hard to watch...dump the fake lughs and let the show quietly entertain ...and succeed! That guy is good!
  7. DaveM
    Mar 14, 2007
    What makes the ironic satire of this show simmer even more is the fact that many detractors cite the use of a "lame laugh track," or "stale ideas," completely oblivious to the sarcastic purpose of these devices in the show. Like Andy Kauffman taunting wrestling fans, the Winner manages to cause critics to become self-caricatures by reaction.
  8. lyndap
    Mar 12, 2007
    Could only watch the first five minutes until the incredibly annoying laugh track made me want to run from the room screaming or change the channel
  9. JonMuchmore
    Mar 12, 2007
    Very disappointing. The laugh-track is at times overwhelming, but it does the viewer a service by blotting out some of the embarassingly stupid dialogue. It's a one joke premise that is stretched way too thin. There is one winner in this mess - the viewer when they change channels.
  10. DrewF
    Mar 12, 2007
    Most unfunny, uncomfortable-first 10 minutes of a sticom EVER. How does something like this get made?
  11. WendellF
    Mar 12, 2007
    Hard to watch, predictable, unoriginal, etc. This really shouldn't be plugged using seth mcfarlane's name so much, it gives you the false impression that it's funny.
  12. MandiZ
    Mar 11, 2007
    This show is horrible, it needs cancelled immediatly
  13. mcdope
    Mar 9, 2007
    The show has potential IF they turn off the horribly annoying laugh track that does distract.
  14. MollyK
    Mar 9, 2007
    cute...
  15. MarcL
    Mar 7, 2007
    I tape shows and watch them later on my VCR. I watched the first episode, trying to find something positive and funny. I turned off episode #2 after 5 minutes, it was unwatchable. Not even worth the 30 minutes of electricity my VCR uses. I will take 2 extra minutes to program my VCR this Sunday, taping Fam Guy and the Simpsons, and avoiding this lame piece of crap. A complete waste of time.
  16. DaveB
    Mar 7, 2007
    Steve Corerrel should sue Rob for Ripping off the 40 year old virgin in this latest fox lemming
  17. MartinL
    Mar 7, 2007
    I gave it this rating only so people may look at it rather than other people who wrote "0". But this is definately a 0. Not even remotely funny, and every day conversation, with no sarcarsm or flare, has a laugh track playing every other sentence. Awful
  18. NormanD
    Mar 7, 2007
    I laughed a couple of times which is more than I can say for a few comedies that have hit the airwaves over the past year.
  19. TimG.
    Mar 6, 2007
    I love this show. Rob makes it. And by the way, it's NOT a laughtrack! I should know, I sat through two tapings!
  20. BrandonS
    Mar 6, 2007
    Why would such a funny guy make such a standard piece of junk sitcom? Horrible laugh track, bad writing, lame acting. It took me about a minute and half to decide I'd never watch this one again. Corddry, you blew it.
  21. Truth
    More like The Loser!
    Mar 6, 2007
    Has potential to be at least a bit funny but the laugh track is horrible and entirely distracting. We aren't in the 50's anymore, people like to decide when to laugh for themselves.
  23. RandyT
    Mar 6, 2007
    People seem really split on this show. I like it. It's not a rip-off of Get a Life, it's a more mainstream version of it.
  24. KevinB
    Mar 6, 2007
    The pilot started off a bit slowly, but after that I feel it really took off with a lot of laughs. It's my type of humor; awkward, absurd, and maybe a little offensive to some. This is a good show, let's hope Fox keeps it.
  25. MaxW
    Mar 6, 2007
    I really wanted this show to be funny, but starting the minute I heard that horrible laugh track (why do they still use these?) I knew this wasn't going to be a winner.
  26. JosephA
    Mar 5, 2007
    I can't believe how much i laughed at his show. Very funny & creative!
  27. jordanb
    Mar 5, 2007
    I thought it was pretty good. its better than how i met your mother (which sucks)
  28. AndyMillman
    Are you having a laugh?
  29. Eric
    Mar 5, 2007
    Corrdry is a great talent and is being wasted by such poor writing. Oh, and who decided on that laugh track?? Such a mess out of what could be a pretty decent show.
  30. jime
    Mar 5, 2007
    Bad bad laugh track. Totally disappointed by this show. Loved RC on Daily Show but this is terrible. Couldn't watch past the first scene it was so bad.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

Thanks to Corddry's social misfit charisma, Ricky Blitt's affable lowbrow lunacy flashes with a sharp, dizzy wit.
  2. It’s a hoot.
  3. "The Winner" may not be able to go the distance, but it's a fun little show in the here and now.