5.4

1. Apr 20, 2016
    This show is ok. There are plenty of great jokes here, but the overall concept is a little stupid and shallow. There is also interesting social commentary infused.
  2. Jun 1, 2016
    Funny time traveling with lots of sex, drugs and ... Michael Jackson !! I just really wanted more episodes... maybe with a second season .
  3. May 24, 2016
    I had no information on this show going in other than the name. I'm a fan of most time travelling shows. I didn't think it was great, but since it was only 3 short episodes in length I wanted to see it through. The premise is these roommates (who are cousins) are riding their bikes (as it's irresponsible to drive stoned) these futuristic looking characters appear out of a puff of smokeI had no information on this show going in other than the name. I'm a fan of most time travelling shows. I didn't think it was great, but since it was only 3 short episodes in length I wanted to see it through. The premise is these roommates (who are cousins) are riding their bikes (as it's irresponsible to drive stoned) these futuristic looking characters appear out of a puff of smoke and are run down by a Hummer. They find this bong in the bushes and via a magical app that translates anything on screen by removing the old text and putting English in its place, discover it is a time travelling bong. They end up in the past, the bong gets broken and at each stop through time one of them loves the place and the other hates it. Eventually they bounce to the future and run into the creators of the bong and the people who get run over in the beginning. They get a new (unbroken) bong and bounce back to the present.

Most of their stops are just to have orgies with some population or other and the crude plot wears thin so fast that you'll want to shut it off to spare yourself. How many times can they glorify rape, incest and more? It was thankfully a short series and I hope it isn't renewed and disappears into the digital dustbin of history it deserves.
  4. Feb 4, 2018
    Buckle up and get high!

SEASON 01: Watching it just after watching 'Rough Night'. Two stars from that were the leads in this, but not as a couple, except partners in time travelling. The director too comes from the same league, but it was made prior to that film and I watched it only now. I think it was good. Started off amazingly. Just a three episode season, and maybe that's the
    Buckle up and get high!

SEASON 01:

Watching it just after watching 'Rough Night'. Two stars from that were the leads in this, but not as a couple, except partners in time travelling. The director too comes from the same league, but it was made prior to that film and I watched it only now. I think it was good. Started off amazingly. Just a three episode season, and maybe that's the entire series as well. Because there's no news about renewing it. One of the decent mini-series I've seen. Short and well paced with nice performances and visuals.

Two lives-wasted cousins discovers a time travel device which works with smoking weed. They start off their adventure for fun, travelling different timeline on the earth. How their visits were viewed by the people was told with many thrilling quests. From past to the present and future, they encounter many great stuffs, as well as struggles to overcome obstacles. Their return journey is what brings an end to the tale. How they do it and what they learn out of it revealed to us very funnily.

I feel they should continue the series with the same number of episodes for each season. I hope at least Netflix to take over. Watching it is like watching some tv shorts like during a special occasion like in December. If you watch it all continuously, then it's like a film. At a time very silly, but enjoyable. The first episode was so good, but the next one fell a little behind. Also the final episode. The device was funny, because if you smoke it, you will get high, then there's no way finding if you really travelled through the time. It's all the same experience. But nicely used for the concept of this series. Just watch it guys!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Apr 20, 2016
    Though satirical points are made--about gender roles and race, about progress, the lack of progress and the wrong kind of progress--the humor overall is goofy (and gooey), a kind of Mel Brooks romp for the 20-teens, minor but sweet.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Apr 20, 2016
    If Time Traveling Bong isn’t as laugh-out-loud funny as Broad City, it has its own, more whimsical and laid-back charms. It’s a nice way to end a few evenings, by sitting back and watching two likable people light up for adventure.
  3. Reviewed by: Mitchel Broussard
    Apr 20, 2016
    It’s not quite as refined as Broad City but, like that show, it largely wins because it finds its own mad method of humor amidst an entirely silly premise.