Season #: 2, 1
6.1

1. Nov 3, 2019
    Very silly show. Greer character doesn't tell anyone he has a heart condition, but he runs after bad guys and goes in to the jungle on a Black Ops mission? The Venezuelan "Nationalist" thinks its a good idea to murder a US Senator as a way to cover up his activities? And since when is Venezuela Nationalist, not Socialist? Very average acting and plot cracks out the ying/yang.
  2. Nov 3, 2019
    It has a fast pace with tons of action but it's a shallow story and way too jingoistic. I'm sure it will appeal to those who like Black and White action dramas that show the U.S. in a positive light. It's entertaining but never informative. It's also an insult to the realities in Venezuela. Trump would love it!
  3. Nov 1, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible, de ser una serie inteligente con buenos personajes y trama interesante se volvió una serie genérica y torpe, predecible y terriblemente aburrida; Jack Ryan ya no es el súper analista ahora es Jack Rambo, rebelde y torpe y parece que no puede descifrar ni cuanto es dos más dos. Cathy Muller (quien en los libros y las películas es su esposa, y su novia en la primera temporada) simplemente desaparece; y la arrogancia de Jack es torpe, aburrida y a ratos simplemente estúpida. A Jim Greer lo convierten en este tipo infamemente egoísta y que decir del Personaje de Noomi Rapace; la peor Femme Fatale de la historia; la tratan de hacer misteriosa y además le miente a Jack todo el tiempo y el le cree, siempre. Lastima la primera temporada fue genial y esta es simplemente patética. Expand
  4. Nov 4, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. S1 had its faults but overall was entertaining. S2 is a big letdown. The plot makes very little sense and is full of holes so big it is difficult to watch. In this era of "peak TV" I guess quantity rules over quality. Oh and what happened to Cathy? She was a big part of S1 and is not even mentioned in S2. Expand
  5. Nov 4, 2019
    This season premise jumps right into the story by not dwelling into any other unwanted plot.It has some minor drawbacks but still it is a worthy second season.
  6. Nov 6, 2019
    Text. I don’t care it’s a great show I need seventy five characters. 123456
  7. Nov 8, 2019
    Jack Ryan is a legitimate reason to subscribe to Amazon Prime and the second season is just gravy. They really step the action up a notch, as more of Ryan's Special Forces skill set is displayed. Superbly executed, with equal parts tension, gunfire and explosions, the release seems perfectly timed as writhing geopolitical relationships and unrest dominate the headlines.
  8. Nov 4, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The rising action and tensions from the first season are largely traded in here for basic "good-vs-bad" gunplay and action. The relationships between the characters don't feel solidified, their motivations vague. Some scenes fall a bit short in the acting department. Some actions by the characters are not up to the intelligence levels one would expect from them.

There's was a missed opportunity here to dive head long in to the actual realities of US intervention in Venezuala. There could have been some thick plot lines drawn up. Perhaps between Ryan and his team clashing with existing pro US operatives who surely would already be in the country, provided (reality, and) the information we learn in the last 5 minutes of the last episode. Instead we get Rambo with a 5 minute fan service to the truth at the end.

Still, it moves along nicely and doesn't leave you bored. Some of the action scenes are quite good, and there are some thrills. It's a solid effort. I try to avoid either a "10" or a "0" hyperbole. If there's a 3rd season, I'll probably watch it too.
  9. Nov 9, 2019
    A fantasy show based in an alternative universe.
    In season 1 we saw that Muslims can only become "radicalized" in response to the US aggression or the European's inherent racism.
    A fantasy show based in an alternative universe.
    In this one Venezuela is apparently not a Socialist country. While it's plagued by all the evils which its Socialist brought upon Venezuelans in our world, the country is ruled by some abstract dictator and the Leftists are in opposition.

Season one at least had tension, it was a race against the clock. Here there is nothing and the main story makes no sense.
  10. Nov 11, 2019
    Impressionante essa série, me deixou mais proximo de 24horas a melhor série que aborda ataque terrosmi e trama internacional que já existiu, a fotografia é lindíssima.
  11. Nov 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So many problems...
    Jack Ryan is basically James Bond in this one
    The politics is white washed and simplistic Theres a boat plot that goes nowhere and is so plain dumb I wondered if I missed an episode The whole season is just amateurish
  12. Nov 8, 2019
    I thought it was exciting and the characters were well developed. I agree that it was too predictable, the villain (Reas) had no nuance and I saw the final plot twist coming from a MILE away. I also really liked the Harriet storyline and hope to see her in season 3 (I'd definitely ship her and Jack Ryan). My verdict would be 7.8/10 and season 1 was a 9/10. This has the feel of a Call ofI thought it was exciting and the characters were well developed. I agree that it was too predictable, the villain (Reas) had no nuance and I saw the final plot twist coming from a MILE away. I also really liked the Harriet storyline and hope to see her in season 3 (I'd definitely ship her and Jack Ryan). My verdict would be 7.8/10 and season 1 was a 9/10. This has the feel of a Call of Duty single-player campaign where the story isn't super deep but it still gets you hooked (I almost cried at the end on the boat scene lol) Expand

1. Reviewed by: Melanie McFarland
    Nov 7, 2019
    The second season still lands with more dissonance because of the very aspect that should make the character feel more relevant – that is, its proximity to reality. ... The problem may be that Krasinski’s Jack Ryan is closely informed by other actor’s interpretations of the character, namely Harrison Ford’s. Amazon’s “Jack Ryan” still clings to an outdated action movie ethos that relies on a general ignorance about the way the world actually is versus a version of how it ought to be when Michael Bay was redefining action movie bombast.
  2. Reviewed by: Adam Chitwood
    Nov 1, 2019
    If Season 1 wasn’t your bag, there are no significant changes to the series’ DNA here to suddenly turn you around on the series. And while there’s enough good in Jack Ryan Season 2 to keep it from being a complete waste, I do hope the already-ordered third season takes a beat to fine-tune a few key aspects of the show.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Nov 1, 2019
    Jack Ryan is still fun, despite being a little bit ridiculous and predictable.