• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 6, 2020
3.3

1. Feb 7, 2020
    Premise had some promise, but the writing is just too left wing PC crap out of the gate.

We like lesbians who were rotten mothers.
    We like women in power.
    We hate ICE.
    White males are all corrupt.

Predictable and not at all accurate representation of female police officers. I have one in the family and she is nothing like “Tommy!”

Hoped for better. Didn’t get it.
  2. Feb 9, 2020
    I wanted to like it, but I just can't. Edie was wonderful, but someone give her a decent script to work with. It glossed over all the drama so it could introduce the premise... chauvinist mayor 'forced' to hire a woman to do the job of chief of police midst a corrupt and misogynistic police force and system. I just wanted a good cop drama. I got an "everything that's wrong with theI wanted to like it, but I just can't. Edie was wonderful, but someone give her a decent script to work with. It glossed over all the drama so it could introduce the premise... chauvinist mayor 'forced' to hire a woman to do the job of chief of police midst a corrupt and misogynistic police force and system. I just wanted a good cop drama. I got an "everything that's wrong with the system" and one woman is going to clean it up, even though she can't seem to clean up her relationship with her daughter.

Edie is worth so much more than this. What a shame.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Feb 15, 2020
    A funny, horrifying, and generally thrilling account of a female Los Angeles police chief's rocky relations with the city's scummy, thieving (and, of course, male) power brokers.
  2. Reviewed by: Joel Keller
    Feb 7, 2020
    Edie Falco is one of those actors we’ll watch in anything. And Tommy certainly is anything.
  3. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Feb 7, 2020
    Falco is just fine in the show, using touches of dry humor to charm even while we understand that Tommy is a flawed person. But, sadly, despite her chops, Falco is not asked to do a lot in the script except exude principles and rock a police uniform.