• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 2, 2014
7.8

1. Sep 12, 2015
    If you're nervous about the idea of a TS4, watch this. It totally justifies making another one. TSTTF is an instant classic (coming from someone who thinks that the term "instant classic" doesn't really work). It makes fun of this generations obsession with electronics and adds the characters of the Battlesaurs (Toy dinosaurs with Buzz Lightyear complex-I.e, they don't know they're toys.)If you're nervous about the idea of a TS4, watch this. It totally justifies making another one. TSTTF is an instant classic (coming from someone who thinks that the term "instant classic" doesn't really work). It makes fun of this generations obsession with electronics and adds the characters of the Battlesaurs (Toy dinosaurs with Buzz Lightyear complex-I.e, they don't know they're toys.) the Battlesuars we're cool characters, and this special is a welcome entry to the groundbreaking Toy Story franchise. It can be rewatched again and again! Expand
  2. Dec 2, 2014
    The toys you know and love are back for another holiday special. Their Christmas gift to us is a tale filled with humor and heartwarming moments. There's even some impressive action scenes to boot.

I cannot begin to praise the animation enough. These new plastic action figures look amazing in motion. Every character literally looks like a toys come to life. The detail is stunning whether it be fur, plastic, or stuffing.

It's an absolute delight of a Christmas special. One that will please Toy Story fans of any ages. So grab your family and gather around the TV. Toy Story is back. My total score for this special is a 9.3/10.
  3. Dec 3, 2014
    I actually like the "Toy Story of Terror" short better. This one feels pointless in a glamorous way, it is entertaining and does pay homage to the classical trilogy.
  4. Dec 5, 2014
    Ok well like most of u we all love these guys and wow what a CHRISTMAS treat they Gave us could have been a little more humor but other Than that it was wonderful wouldn't have changed a thing true Christmas classic so spend time as a family with woody and the gang trust me U will be happy u did
  5. May 29, 2015
    to short to be enjoyable , embarrassing to all who made this cheap short . The story is good talking about kids and consumerism but still promotes children to buy toys.
  6. Feb 19, 2016
    It isn't legendary like the 3 Toy Story movies, but it actually works as a sole representative to the Toy Story franchise and builds up new ideas while waiting for anything new for the Toy Story franchise.

Universal acclaim - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Dec 2, 2014
    Because of the short-form length, this Toy Story doesn’t have the barrage of witty asides and pop culture fun that we’ve seen in the movies.
  2. Reviewed by: Erik Adams
    Dec 2, 2014
    Toy Story That Time Forgot attests to the strengths of this fictional universe by relying on its deep bench of supporting players.... Schaal’s capacity for wonder enlivens a plot that harkens back to the first Toy Story.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Dec 2, 2014
    [Writer/director/voice of Cleric] Steve Purcell's comic timing is splendid, as is his staging of the action scenes.