Season #: 3, 2, 1
8.6

1. Dec 19, 2017
    How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How'sHow's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie How's Annie Expand
  2. Jun 14, 2017
    I (and my brother) are massive Twin Peaks fans. I just finished
    discussing with him that series 3 is a big let down to which he agreed.
    The script is poorly written, like an undergraduate drama project, and the plot meanders around hopelessly. Those sort of antics may work in an art-house production but this is TV and needs to move along with some sort of compulsion for the viewer
    I (and my brother) are massive Twin Peaks fans. I just finished
    discussing with him that series 3 is a big let down to which he agreed.
    The script is poorly written, like an undergraduate drama project, and
    the plot meanders around hopelessly.

Those sort of antics may work in an art-house production but this is TV
    and needs to move along with some sort of compulsion for the viewer to
    come back. Twin Peaks Season 3 is not engrossing TV. The characters are
    not easy to relate to and the plot cannot be followed in any meaningful way.

The magic of season 1 (and to a lesser extent season 2) is definitely
    not here. I think Lynch and Frost would have benefited from network
    executives input.
  3. Jul 1, 2017
    I was stoked about the return of TP ... I rewatched season 1, loved it, and also watched Fire Walk with Me to get up to speed. Season 3, eps 1-4 were intriguing and often entertaining. Then, off the cliff. Episode 8 was the worst - gross, disgusting violence, incoherent storyline, derivative. Plus, frequently gratuitous, repulsive violence against women. What's up with that, DavidI was stoked about the return of TP ... I rewatched season 1, loved it, and also watched Fire Walk with Me to get up to speed. Season 3, eps 1-4 were intriguing and often entertaining. Then, off the cliff. Episode 8 was the worst - gross, disgusting violence, incoherent storyline, derivative. Plus, frequently gratuitous, repulsive violence against women. What's up with that, David Lynch? I bet that most of these reviewers giving TP a 10 only watched eps 1-4. Expand
  4. Oct 15, 2017
    Hmmm. Not very impressed with this series and it did little to hold my attention. There was probably 1-2 hours of fantastic television here, but the rest felt like filler. Whatever the deep meaning you're supposed to glean from this, I can't get beyond the painful, US soap style acting with countless painful silences. The Dougie character and the other characters' reactions to him wasHmmm. Not very impressed with this series and it did little to hold my attention. There was probably 1-2 hours of fantastic television here, but the rest felt like filler. Whatever the deep meaning you're supposed to glean from this, I can't get beyond the painful, US soap style acting with countless painful silences. The Dougie character and the other characters' reactions to him was lame and almost like torture. Shots are overlong. Rubbish practical effects and even worse visual effects ruined my immersion. I'm confused why others love it so much - my friends who like it do so for the same reasons why I thought it was bad. It's the same kind of show as lost - mystery for mystery's sake with no emotional connection to any of the 2 dimensional characters. It's just not entertaining for me.
    If you'r
  5. May 28, 2017
    The original Twin Peaks was one of the best and most popular shows on TV. It was like nothing anyone had seen before. The weirdness and surrealism combined with soap opera like relationship stories with some of the hottest female characters on television. People were dying to know who killed Laura Palmer so the network infamously screwed the show over by insisting that the Laura's murderThe original Twin Peaks was one of the best and most popular shows on TV. It was like nothing anyone had seen before. The weirdness and surrealism combined with soap opera like relationship stories with some of the hottest female characters on television. People were dying to know who killed Laura Palmer so the network infamously screwed the show over by insisting that the Laura's murder be solved. In the middle of the second season the writer's did it in a heavy-handed way which then immediately made the show one of the most hated on TV. All within months.

With Twin Peaks 2017, gone are the crazy relationships, the hot girls and the ground. Completely. So much of the time I was wondering what in the hell was going on and why am I watching this? It is less a Twin Peaks show and more a surrealist art piece which happens to have Twin Peaks characters in it. It took me 3 days to watch the premiere. I mean, come on. It's too much. For some reason Lynch absolutely loves Twin Peaks so much he wants to go back to it but what's there even left to say in the show's story that anyone could really care about? Past and done.
  6. May 22, 2017
    It's tricky.

We want to go back to TWIN PEAKS but we also can't. We've been there, done that. And so David and Mark cleverly expand the geography of TWIN PEAKS to a Dakota and NYC. Which makes sense considering the epic notions of black lodges would seem silly if perpetually trapped in a small town up North. I think the most important change from the old series was abandoning the
    It's tricky.

I think the most important change from the old series was abandoning the soap opera from hell thing. If your memory serves TWIN PEAKS was a soap opera of sorts. Couples everywhere. It was so soapy it even featured a soap within itself called AN INVITATION TO LOVE. To tribute through paroday the PEYTON PLACE grass roots which would soon bloom into TWILIGHT ZONE and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS).

This time 'round it's no invitation to lovel. It's more THE BLUE ROSE MYSTERIES, an idea inspired by Chris Issak's turn in the Peaks film. So instead of the melodramatic world of romance turning -- we have the repercussions of what 'the bad guy' has done for the last 25 years.

In this way TWIN PEAKS changes its core tone. Which may not be a bad idea. Or may be a terrible one.

Like I said: it's tricky.
  7. May 23, 2021
    Twenty-Five years after the events of the original series, in which FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper became trapped within the Black Lodge, he is finally able to free himself and sets out to end the crime spree of the malevolent spirit known as BOB.

For the most part I enjoyed the original series thanks its unconventional story telling and quirky sense of humour, but I can’t say I particularly enjoyed this return. This time around all the lingering shots and strange set pieces just felt self-indulgent, and in all honesty I was bored a lot of the time.
  8. Nov 4, 2017
    Сериал спустя 25 лет продолжил гнуть свою линию сюрреализма и другого бреда, отличие от 91 года, что картинка стала более приятной и красочной, но интерес к сериалу не стал выше все также скучно
  9. Dec 21, 2020
    As a huge fan of the Twin Peaks of the early 1990's, this was a letdown.
    What made Twin Peaks for me was the combination of it's dark subject matter with it's quirky and loveable characters. This series lacks the latter and with it some of the magic.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 26 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    May 23, 2017
    You got two hours that were often gorgeous, sometimes goofy, frequently disturbing and far more graphically violent than the original--filled with performances that ranged from amusing to disquieting to the flat-out amateurish.
  2. Reviewed by: David Sims
    May 22, 2017
    These episodes scattered a lot of fascinating imagery, disconnected story ideas, and inter-dimensional nightmare antics in front of its audience; it’s up to viewers to try and put the pieces together, or (my preferred method) simply soak in every bizarre tableau with glee. ... Twin Peaks (subtitled The Return) is a worthy new entry in his canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    May 22, 2017
    Twin Peaks: The Return was creepy, surreal, bizarre, and often unintelligible. Just like its predecessor.