Season #: 3, 2, 1
8.6

1. May 22, 2017
    It took me awhile to recognise and remember all the aged original characters as i saw them appear but it was like seeing old friends again.I find David Lynch's world to be very soothing and hypnotic and loved this new entry.
    There was enough beautiful fresh new mystery to keep me wanting more in weeks to come .
    Welcome back David .
    Nice to see you haven't succumbed to the mainstream.
  2. Jan 17, 2018
    I was already a bit old when I discovered Twin Peaks and if I decided to watch the series it was because back then I was already a big fan of David Lynch. What that series gave me was not like anything I had seen on TV until then and even though it had been almost twenty years since ithad finished, Twin Peaks felt in a certain way recent because it was an immersive world despite all theI was already a bit old when I discovered Twin Peaks and if I decided to watch the series it was because back then I was already a big fan of David Lynch. What that series gave me was not like anything I had seen on TV until then and even though it had been almost twenty years since ithad finished, Twin Peaks felt in a certain way recent because it was an immersive world despite all the mysterious and enigmatic things that surrounded it.

The Return was a highly anticipated event, if it was for me with only seven years of waiting, I don't want to imagine how it was for those who really waited since 1991. How was the experience? Was it really worth it? For me it was amazing, I enjoyed every episode, the unconventional of its narrative, the bizarre, the funny parts, the spectacular, the incredible, the musical, the surreal, the visual, the strange, the small answers it provided and all the new questions that provoked.

Twin Peaks and David Lynch gave us a journey, an experience that felt separated from the first two seasons, however it was never out of place, it's the same universe but even if it does not seem like that, Twin Peaks also evolved. It needed to evolve.
    David Lynch gave us in the eighth episode, something that had certainly never been seen on television, a spectacular, spooky and transcendental episode that despite how difficult it could be for an average viewer, I cannot believe that they could be unable to admire its beauty and its rarity.

The ending was devastating, a question, a voice in the air and a heartrending scream in the night, the lights went out and that was it.
    It took me more than a week to accept that ending, to cope with all of its ramifications, after all it was fair to feel deprived of a conclusion but frankly I understood what Lynch's cinema has always taught me, conclusions are not always a true answer, the experience and what you have left after finishing it is the real prize and if there is something in which David Lynch is quite good is in challenging you as a spectator.

There are thousands of theories and everyone will have theirs and without a doubt all of them are valid, but sometimes I wonder if we really want to know the complete truth of this story and being honest I think that would sustract the magic from the matter and if there's something that has cemented the status of Twin Peaks is precisely that and if you are looking for the opposite then Twin Peaks will never be for you.
  3. May 23, 2017
    This, so far, is everything I ever wanted from Season 3 of Twin Peaks. There's so much tension throughout each episode, sometimes too much, but it pays off beautifully. I find myself laughing at things I should be terrified of, and being terrified of things I should laugh at. The acting is a bit wooden, but in Twin Peaks it fits the overall feel. Season 3 is proving to be a much darkerThis, so far, is everything I ever wanted from Season 3 of Twin Peaks. There's so much tension throughout each episode, sometimes too much, but it pays off beautifully. I find myself laughing at things I should be terrified of, and being terrified of things I should laugh at. The acting is a bit wooden, but in Twin Peaks it fits the overall feel. Season 3 is proving to be a much darker follow-up/conclusion, and I can't wait. Expand
  4. May 24, 2017
    This is near-Perfect Lynch. This is more a show for fans of Lynch.....not so much for Fans of Twin Peaks.
    This has everything I love about this Director. Off-beat Humour, Great Direction, and a constant sense of dread.
    LOVE IT. ;)
  5. May 26, 2017
    For those who do not love this show, it's time to stop watching. Episode 3 and 4 were the best of the best in years. The woman whose eyes were skinned over, reminded me of a woman in an abusive relationship. I really felt for her. The awesome calm and still feeling you get from watching the man who created his own assembly line to paint shovels. It gives such a stillness. Lynch and FrostFor those who do not love this show, it's time to stop watching. Episode 3 and 4 were the best of the best in years. The woman whose eyes were skinned over, reminded me of a woman in an abusive relationship. I really felt for her. The awesome calm and still feeling you get from watching the man who created his own assembly line to paint shovels. It gives such a stillness. Lynch and Frost make such bold statements in their shows without giving tons of dialogue. It's refreshing to step away from shows that are so rushed, especially living in the age of instant gratification. Hopefully this show will continue for much more than 18 episodes, Expand
  6. pkd
    Jun 8, 2017
    This is NOT a TV show! It is a parallel universe. it is a visualization of the postmodern condition: something we can grasp but cannot understand as it has no cultural precedent, no category we can fit it in. C'est l'art pour l'art; and it is SUBLIME
  7. May 22, 2017
    Based on the first four episodes. Lynch is back in form, but not necessarily back in Twin Peaks. The town has changed. Don't get me wrong, the show masterfully - if slowly - brings back Agent Cooper from the Black Lodge, thus tying up the loose ends left by the end of Season 2. But the mood is darker, and the focus of the story - at least at the beginning - is outside of Twin Peaks.Based on the first four episodes. Lynch is back in form, but not necessarily back in Twin Peaks. The town has changed. Don't get me wrong, the show masterfully - if slowly - brings back Agent Cooper from the Black Lodge, thus tying up the loose ends left by the end of Season 2. But the mood is darker, and the focus of the story - at least at the beginning - is outside of Twin Peaks.

Fans of his more casual work might be put off by the injection of heavy doses of relentless experimentalism (think Eraserhead, Fire Walk with Me, Inland Empire). But I believe Lynch's unapologetic style serves a useful purpose in turning televised drama into the art form that it aspires to be - and what better place to do it than prime time streaming television!

The return of old characters gives the hard, dark drama its soft, nostalgic touch. Even the new characters, with a couple of exceptions, are good additions. Some of the dialogue is a bit weird, but that's Lynch for you! The humour gets progressively more absurd and fun. It is too early to tell where the story will go, but I'm genuinely impressed by what Lynch has managed to do here - upturn all expectations while simultaneously scratching enough of that nostalgic itch to keep (most) fans happy. Some will be disappointed, many others will be perplexed, but this is some cool stuff!
  8. May 25, 2017
    From the purple sea to the slicing cloud to Wally effin' Brando, all I know is this is epic imagination time, and I love it, and obsess over it the same way I did with the old series. Bravo, Lynch and crew!
  9. May 23, 2017
    You can't review a show like this, especially when it's not finished yet. This is Lynch's swan song, his grand finale. It combines elements of all his past films, and not for one second has he stooped down to doing what is expected of a TV show revival.

This is as experimental as high budget popular TV may ever get. You may hate it, that's fine, but 1. let the show finish airing

1. let the show finish airing first, as it's treated like a film.

and 2. Don't expect anything typical of other TV shows, this thing is wildly bizarre, and filled with Lynch's nutty wisdom.
  10. May 22, 2017
    From what I remember, Twin Peaks was kinda out there, and the new season 25+ years later doesn't disappoint. Watching this show was like being in the 90s again, so much so it was scary! Twin Peaks fans are going to eat this up and call it caviar. As long as Showtime lets David Lynch do his thing, which I'm sure was part of the deal, this new season will be weirdly excellent.
  11. May 23, 2017
    OMG! This is it! YOu can "smell" David Linch style on every corner, every scene , this is fantastic start . Mistery,weirdness, spookyness anxious to see more ,explore more , think more? More scenes,location on first look separate, i guess they are just puzzle pieces of the new Linch master piece! its a pure 10!
  12. May 23, 2017
    Highly impenetrable. Iconoclastic. I can't imagine recommending this to many people, but I also can't take my eyes off of it. Several scenes have lingered in my mind for days.
  13. May 21, 2017
    I would say, for the first two episodes, i am impressed and eager to see more. Though the series is odd no doubt, there's a sense that things do make sense, and is carefully crafted at that. It feels like twin peaks yet also something new. I am only 26, so i only saw twin peaks a few years ago, but i am pleased with its new direction, and it feels like a good continuation. I Give it aI would say, for the first two episodes, i am impressed and eager to see more. Though the series is odd no doubt, there's a sense that things do make sense, and is carefully crafted at that. It feels like twin peaks yet also something new. I am only 26, so i only saw twin peaks a few years ago, but i am pleased with its new direction, and it feels like a good continuation. I Give it a nine. For the first and second episodes at least. Expand
  14. May 28, 2017
    Like most people I was extremely nervous going into the new season of Twin Peaks worried it could be like so many reboots now that are simply call backs and cash grabs. So you can imagine my surprise and excitement when it didn't just live up the original but possibly exceeded it.

David Lynch has full creative control here and he's on top of his game. Within ten minutes of the first episode I was hoked like I haven't been with a TV series for a very long time. I don't think I can explain what makes Lynch so great or hypnotic but I think part of the reason the show is so great is because it isn't content with just continuing the show with the old characters and locations, (though it does do this fantastically as well) it instead wants to expand to something, new, original and better.

I think less you know about the what happens the better. Just watch the show, if your any kind of fan of David Lynch or Twin Peaks I don't think you'll be disappointed. The standing innovation at Cannes was well deserved this is undeniably a masterpiece.
  15. May 26, 2017
    David Lynch's return to television continues to mix beautifully the macabre with humor in a way that constantly defies our own mind. The thing is, when in the hands of a master, Twin Peaks flourishes into a gripping thriller.
  16. May 25, 2017
    Although it begins with material hard to digest for most fans of the first two seasons, it's a treat for hardcore Lynch fans. It's much more daring and freer than the first two seasons, coming back as an evolved version of itself. As Lynch has directed all episodes the show will go to places it has never been before, while slowly bringing back its old charm as hinted in the 3rd and 4thAlthough it begins with material hard to digest for most fans of the first two seasons, it's a treat for hardcore Lynch fans. It's much more daring and freer than the first two seasons, coming back as an evolved version of itself. As Lynch has directed all episodes the show will go to places it has never been before, while slowly bringing back its old charm as hinted in the 3rd and 4th episodes. That's enough reason for all old fans to stick around and new ones to hop on the Lynch-train. It's going to be a creepy ride. Expand
  17. May 27, 2017
    This is pure horror on the edge of both embarrasement and excitement. The one and only David Lynch and his utterly intriguing imagery will take you on a unique journey, releasing your imagination from a long sleep. Such a great time to peel off artificial layers until you get to the core of your identity.
    Twin Peaks (Episodes 1-4) so far is the most thought-provoking experience with solid cast, great Bang Bang Bar performances and much darker scenery than the first two seasons.
  18. Sep 4, 2017
    I am reviewing this after watching the Final Episode. Twin peaks is not the show where you should be expecting a full closure and explanation of mysteries and weirdness. Lynch's work is still open for interpretation and there hasn't been any complete analysis of his work. There is no doubt about his absolute perfect directing skill. Had lynch tried to direct any mainstream Hollywood dramasI am reviewing this after watching the Final Episode. Twin peaks is not the show where you should be expecting a full closure and explanation of mysteries and weirdness. Lynch's work is still open for interpretation and there hasn't been any complete analysis of his work. There is no doubt about his absolute perfect directing skill. Had lynch tried to direct any mainstream Hollywood dramas he would definitely had won lots of Oscars. Lynch is an artist trying to make a moving painting portraying his ideas. May be someday we will be able to Disentangle his mysteries.

If you want to see something Weird and strange with lots of hidden meaning about life, death, time, space, good, evil, past, future, consciousness, dreams, beauty, gore, music, light and Coffee. Do watch it.
  19. May 23, 2017
    Twin Peaks Season 1 & 2 are the only TV series that I have ever watched twice. I became so intrigued by every element of the show (the music, the characters, the town, the storyline are pure perfection.)

In this 2017 reboot "The Return" this is a completely different take on twin peaks. It is essentially an amalgamation of all of David Lynch films after twin peaks embedded into the fragmented storylines of the Twin Peaks plot. I would rate the first 4 episodes an 8/10. The negatives to me were:

-No moody score or music fills throughout the scenes, just utter silence (besides the closing credits with Chromatics and Au Revoir Simone etc)
    -Acting seems a bit forced in some scenes especially Andy and the secretary with their son

I truly believe everything will be answered down the 18 episode stretch, you just need intense patience to let the subplots intertwine.
  20. May 26, 2017
    Loving it so far.

Seems to me that this is a love letter to Lynch fans. Critics are somewhat focused on the ties back to the series, and i think that really miss the point. One thing Twin Peaks did was break through some conventions for TV series. And 25ish years later, here we are. I'm not sure there are anymore rules to break in TV, but i'd say calling this twin peaks is kind
    Loving it so far.

Seems to me that this is a love letter to Lynch fans.

One thing Twin Peaks did was break through some conventions for TV series. And 25ish years later, here we are. I'm not sure there are anymore rules to break in TV, but i'd say calling this twin peaks is kind of breaking the rules so far!! and i love it.
  21. May 26, 2017
    David Lynch returns with a captivating 21st Century masterpiece. All the trademark nightmarish surrealism, uncomfortable dialogue, supernatural themes, and offbeat comedy that is sure to please any Lynch fans. However, the storytelling and cinematography are far more refined than this series' predecessor, with Kubrick-esque attention to scene-composition. Essentially a long film, choppedDavid Lynch returns with a captivating 21st Century masterpiece. All the trademark nightmarish surrealism, uncomfortable dialogue, supernatural themes, and offbeat comedy that is sure to please any Lynch fans. However, the storytelling and cinematography are far more refined than this series' predecessor, with Kubrick-esque attention to scene-composition. Essentially a long film, chopped into digestable pieces, the series demands patience and directly contradicts modern trends in rapid consumption of media. Lynch has you constantly questioning the storyline and question your own relationships, daily routines, spirituality, and ultimately life. Well worth the wait. Expand
  22. Jul 1, 2017
    Update: 7/01/17: I just watched the astonishing opera of episode 8, Twin Peaks: The Return. This is the most haunting thing I have ever seen on television. I am so moved. Floored. The bar has been raised. Will anyone get how brilliant this is? Hello out there? I shouldn't say the following but I will: It makes "American Gods" look like bad wallpaper.Update: 7/01/17: I just watched the astonishing opera of episode 8, Twin Peaks: The Return. This is the most haunting thing I have ever seen on television. I am so moved. Floored. The bar has been raised. Will anyone get how brilliant this is? Hello out there? I shouldn't say the following but I will: It makes "American Gods" look like bad wallpaper. ...................................... Wow!!! Parts 1 and 2 are utterly brilliant. Ladies and gentleman, "Twin Peaks: The Return" is great television. It's cinematic and emotional. Every beat is poetic, elliptical, and deeply cryptic. It disturbs the molecules. It makes us see. Yes, it's slow-paced... but it's Michelangelo Antonioni slow. Just watch and let it breathe. It's quintessential David Lynch. I loved every second of it. But enjoy it, because after Lynch is done with this you'll never see it again. It's as rare as a white peacock. Thank you Showtime for having the guts to greenlight this seminal return. Ok, now on to 3 and 4. This is so much fun. Spectacular. Thrilling. Expand
  23. Jun 26, 2017
    Groundbreaking television from Frost and Lynch. Where the original series shook the TV-landscape of the 90's, The Return brings a breath of fresh air and a new artistic statement into the golden age of television that we are living in at the moment.

The new Twin Peaks is long-form story told in eighteen parts. It is a big mystery, that is leaving the viewers to figure out all of the clues and every single little detail in the show. I have heard said that Twin Peaks happens when you're not watching it. This is in reference to the fact that you watch the show, but also think about it the whole week. It stays with you and when you have been immersed in the world of Twin Peaks for years you eventually begin to live it. Twin Peaks is not only one of the best television shows ever made, but for some it a way of life and state of mind.
  24. May 21, 2017
    As a rabid fan of the first two seasons, and a veteran of a 30-hour marathon with cherry pies, coffee, etc.), I eagerly anticipated this next season, but I was highly aware that it would likely be MUCH more inaccessible than the first 30 episodes - something more akin to Lost Highway or Inland Empire (which I hated, btw). Well, the first two episodes dole out JUST enough nostalgia andAs a rabid fan of the first two seasons, and a veteran of a 30-hour marathon with cherry pies, coffee, etc.), I eagerly anticipated this next season, but I was highly aware that it would likely be MUCH more inaccessible than the first 30 episodes - something more akin to Lost Highway or Inland Empire (which I hated, btw). Well, the first two episodes dole out JUST enough nostalgia and story to keep me highly interested, but I"m guessing newcomers are completely befuddled at this point. Bummed about new incarnation of the Arm, and Rock "n Roll Bad Dale is not what I expected based on the last time we saw him. But I did like the "enhanced" Black Lodge scenes, and the Glass Box in the NY skyscraper is pretty cool. Much more to see, and i hope my score rises closer to 9 and 10 instead of 3 or 4 - either is possible. Expand
  25. May 28, 2017
    The atmosphere is still as good as it was 25/26 years ago. It's quite mysterious, funny and fascinating. For me it's more of the level of season 1 and better than 80% of season 2. Really loved episode 3 in particularly. Lynch and Frost are really doing a great job so far. I have seen the first 4 episodes and it's better then I expected.
  26. May 31, 2017
    Only four episodes in, surely, but this is theatrical art. Anyone who thinks this isn't as good as the original series or finds it less than a masterpiece... well, you just aren't intelligent enough to get David Lynch.
  27. May 30, 2017
    This is simply 100% David Lynch!! Super creative, eery and visionary. The new season of Twin Peaks genuinely surpassed my expectations. It's surprising how Lynch's approach to directing and storytelling is still unique and fresh despite all of the great tv series that have come out during the last few years.
  28. Sep 4, 2017
    Twin Peaks: The Return is stunning and, quite simply, the best thing I've ever seen on TV. It's like a cross between Inland Empire and Mulholland Drive, my two favorite movies. The ending, which is markedly different from the ending of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, is quite unexpected and an interesting note on which to leave the audience. One thing that struck me while watching theTwin Peaks: The Return is stunning and, quite simply, the best thing I've ever seen on TV. It's like a cross between Inland Empire and Mulholland Drive, my two favorite movies. The ending, which is markedly different from the ending of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, is quite unexpected and an interesting note on which to leave the audience. One thing that struck me while watching the series is David Lynch's ability to make the beautiful ugly, and the ugly beautiful. He is a master at mixing the mundane and innocent with the horrific, and the final moments of the series really drive this home. I am just grateful that David Lynch created this beautiful, ugly, intoxicating series, and I look forward to revisiting it repeatedly for years to come. Expand
  29. Oct 6, 2019
    Godlike. Perfectly done. 25 years later and the envelope has been pushed again.
  30. Aug 11, 2017
    Esto es lo mejor que se está emitiendo este año en televisión. Esto es más lo que debió de ser Twin Peaks en vez de tanta ñoñería noventera. Habrá quien la odie, pero no hay otra serie ahora mismo con el nivel creativo, las sorpresas y el tono impredecible de este increíble "retorno". Magnífica.
  31. Sep 2, 2017
    How is this show rated only 74? It is by far the best thing I've ever witnessed on TV (well maybe except Breaking Bad) a unique show that will toy with your emotions, scare you to your core and give you nightmares for days all the while showing the deepest most gentle genuine characters. The finale is upon us in 2 days and I'm already in fetal position because it'll be over for good thisHow is this show rated only 74? It is by far the best thing I've ever witnessed on TV (well maybe except Breaking Bad) a unique show that will toy with your emotions, scare you to your core and give you nightmares for days all the while showing the deepest most gentle genuine characters. The finale is upon us in 2 days and I'm already in fetal position because it'll be over for good this time. Enjoy it while it is here. Lynch and Frost (and Showtime) thank you a thousand time. Expand
  32. Sep 13, 2018
    Twin Peaks 3 is one of the most beautiful seasons in the history of television and even more.
    It is simply pure Lynch and it is the sum of all his cinematography: from Eraserhead to Inland Empire.
    Lynch and Frost "take up" (who really knows) the characters that they left 25 years earlier. But they don’t just want to make a sequel like all the spectators expected, setting the story back
    But they don’t just want to make a sequel like all the spectators expected, setting the story back in the small town of Twin Peaks come in the two previous series.
    No. Lynch and Frost create something new on those bases, knowing well that both the world, the cinema, television in just 25 years have changed a lot and that the small Americans small town is no longer what is a few years ago because now it’s connected to all the rest of the world for better or worse.
    Very important are the secondary story that accept the director to address the dramatic issues that he faced throughout his filmography: from problems within any family, from drugs to rape.
    But like every work of Lynch it is difficult, very much.
    It's not the television of today and the viewer must be very careful because all 18 episodes are connected, and therefore there can not be a minute of distraction.
    Some episodes make the anthology of television and are almost impossible to understand, but here too all the beauty of Lynch's work: you do not understand what happens, but it's so exciting that you keep looking to the screen.
    The music is fantastic.
    The interpretation of Kyle MacLachlan is something incredible.
    The ending, God that final ...
    Someone has said that the special effect aren’t great, but, maybe it’s wanted, and perhaps, with the ending, it is precisely there that the possible solution is hidden…
  33. Sep 11, 2019
    Absolutely ingenius! a show that harmonizes emotion with mystery and pure psychological horror. It is so damn difficult to find that good shows these days. Absolutely highly recommended!
  34. Oct 15, 2017
    Astonishing. Lynch is still firing on all cylinders. He directs all episodes. You could describe it as an 18 hour long movie. Maclachlan deserves recognition for playing two diametrically opposed Agent Coopers. The let down is the new characters in the town itself, who aren't remotely interesting.

Some striking visuals and an emotional range that contains complete silliness and pitch black nihilism. It'll probably take a while before people realize this might by Lynch's masterwork.
  35. Feb 5, 2019
    Twin Peaks 3 is purely artistic. It added elements unseen in previously seasons, as sci-fi and abstract arts. Even with much more characters and subplots, all in series has a concrete utility and content.
  36. Dec 18, 2017
    This one isn't a crowd pleaser, you'll either love it or hate it. Which is fine. It masterfully plays with the expectations of the viewer and pays off years of anticipation in a way nobody would have expected. To say more would only spoil the experience. The lackluster second season has been redeemed, thanks to Lynch and Frost (and of course the rest of the cast and crew). A fantastic achievement.
  37. Apr 11, 2018
    Part 1 A-. Part 2 A-. Part 3 B+. Part 4 B+. Part 5 B. Part 6 B+.
    Part 7 A-. Part 8 A-. Part 9 B+. Part 10 B+. Part 11 A. Part 12 B.
    Part 13 B+. Part 14 A. Part 15 A-. Part 16 A. Part 17 A. Part 18 A-.
  38. Sep 6, 2017
    Great season..next level...i will give it a 11 if there is going to be season 4 xD. Great cliffhanger like the one in season 2 BUT it is only great if there is going to be a season 4..i repeat...i have to xD The fans deserve nothing less than a season 4 (after waiting 25 years for new season) because every story has to end sometimes..let's end it with a bang Mr. Lynch
  39. Dec 11, 2017
    They don't make them like this anymore. Lynch manages to turn up the weirdness and wondrousness all the way up to 11. There is some suffering but it has become part of the journey. Best TV series of all time.
  40. Feb 1, 2018
    Instead of giving the fans of the original show more of the same, David Lynch invites the audience to see for themselves that the fundamental problem with revivals is their innate lack of originality. By delivering a revolutionary study of nostalgia, Lynch once again proves that one of the greatest minds in modern cinema is still hard at work.
  41. Dec 10, 2017
    25 years later, nothing is and was the same (for the most part) My favorite show of all time and I was completely in love with it for every second (or 18 hours for that part). Weird, experimental, outlandish, dark and then some light Twin peaks humor here and there, this show has it all
  42. Dec 15, 2017
    By far the best art piece even if we mix TV show and movies. Everything is more than perfect. Just the right amount of humour, artistic feeling, mystery, love and horror, self awareness, etc... If other movies/TV Shows were to be noted comparatively, none would score more than 7.
  43. Dec 23, 2017
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  44. Jan 9, 2018
    After not enjoying Twin Peaks for two seasons, season 3 was like a blessing from heaven. Weird shots and situations, insane comedy and the abandonment of soap opera pastiche in favor of modern TV pastiche made everything so much more interesting. And Copper is brilliant as always.
  45. Mar 18, 2018
    It feels a bit trite giving David Lynch and Mark Frost a score for a cult universe they've been devoted to for decades, long before social media cringe took over, but I'd like people to watch this new series. Some of it is beautiful, and some of it is arthouse lunacy to the core, but overall it was sublimely entertaining. Getting almost all the old cast to reappear was a massive feat inIt feels a bit trite giving David Lynch and Mark Frost a score for a cult universe they've been devoted to for decades, long before social media cringe took over, but I'd like people to watch this new series. Some of it is beautiful, and some of it is arthouse lunacy to the core, but overall it was sublimely entertaining. Getting almost all the old cast to reappear was a massive feat in itself, and they have aged, and that is a bit depressing, but that's life. Expand
  46. Aug 31, 2018
    No other cinematographic language has been seen in any other series or film. In no medium has it been seen an artistic capacity to represent the complexity of dreams and a surreal reality. Undoubtedly the best series in history.
  47. Nov 15, 2020
    I can absolutely understand why people hate this "reboot" of Twin Peaks. It's completely different from the original and that's why I love it. I do love the original, but this is on a whole other level. Part 8 is a perfect episode, but again, I understand the hate this got. I just pray we get another season some day.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 26 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    May 23, 2017
    You got two hours that were often gorgeous, sometimes goofy, frequently disturbing and far more graphically violent than the original--filled with performances that ranged from amusing to disquieting to the flat-out amateurish.
  2. Reviewed by: David Sims
    May 22, 2017
    These episodes scattered a lot of fascinating imagery, disconnected story ideas, and inter-dimensional nightmare antics in front of its audience; it’s up to viewers to try and put the pieces together, or (my preferred method) simply soak in every bizarre tableau with glee. ... Twin Peaks (subtitled The Return) is a worthy new entry in his canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    May 22, 2017
    Twin Peaks: The Return was creepy, surreal, bizarre, and often unintelligible. Just like its predecessor.