ABC | SHOWTIME | BB2 | Release Date: April 8, 1990
8.9
Universal acclaim based on 81 Ratings
Review this TV Series
Boonie2000Jun 14, 2019
The weirdest craziest and unbelievably atmospheric tv show. David Lynch and Mark Frost are geniuses. By today this may be a boring show but it still in my heart!
madmarApr 30, 2020
Most fascinating and disturbing thing in the world. It changed the story of television, and series 3 continued to do so.
kyle20ellisMar 19, 2022
After hearing nothing but great things about Twin Peaks(although there were criticisms of the second season not being as good and some being underwhelmed by the ending) I finally checked out the show and the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With MeAfter hearing nothing but great things about Twin Peaks(although there were criticisms of the second season not being as good and some being underwhelmed by the ending) I finally checked out the show and the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me as somebody who appreciates David Lynch hugely and love almost all his films, and it was time well worth spent. It's true that the first season is better than the second, but that is not to knock the second season because it is still great, if not as well paced and maybe the main plot line was wrapped up a little too quickly(the only negative personally against the series), but the first season is a masterpiece and some of the best television has ever seen. There have been criticisms about the reveal of the final episode being underwhelming, initially it is a head-scratcher but I am with those who considers the episode on the whole one of the scariest episodes seen on television.

Twin Peaks looks incredible, quite easily one of the best-looking TV series personally watched; the photography is so good that you have to check that it's for a television show and not a film and the costumes and sets are colourfully surreal and positively eye catching. Twin Peaks is also one of the best scored television series, the music enhances the atmosphere so well and better than a lot of other shows and it really haunts the mind, again like the visuals it can easily be mistaken for a score written for a film. The dialogue is very thought-provoking with moments of tension and a lot of hilarious humour that has David Lynch's style of humour all over it. The episodes are all compelling and multi-faceted in atmosphere, even the weakest episodes are much better than a lot of TV shows today at their best and worst, while the show tackles a very dark subject with subtle horror, genuinely disturbing scenes like the entire ending, quirky humour that at its best is side-splittingly hilarious and a real emotional wallop.

The characters are not only interesting with more than one dimension to them but more than memorable as well, Agent Cooper and Ben Horne being especially so, sure a few appear, disappear and re-appear but you never forget them. Twin Peaks is superbly directed and acted throughout, with the performances Kyle MacLachlan in his most famous role(perhaps) is at his best and the same can be said for Richard Beymer. Sheryl Lee and Sherilyn Fenn are poignant, Ray Wise is much more sensitive than he is in the film and one mustn't forget the scene-stealer that is Piper Laurie nor Frank Silva as one of the most frightening characters television has ever seen. Strictly speaking the acting is outstanding all round, you'd be hard pressed to find a television series with no actor is bad and with this level of consistency. To conclude, at its best Twin Peaks really is one of the greatest television series ever. The film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is not as good but is still very good and undeservedly under-appreciated. 10/10 Bethany Cox
manicureNov 23, 2020
There is a difference between unique and influential products. While unique works tend to keep their edge and traits for years after release, influential works are strongly related to the time they were created. What was felt as fresh andThere is a difference between unique and influential products. While unique works tend to keep their edge and traits for years after release, influential works are strongly related to the time they were created. What was felt as fresh and innovative back then tends to become stale and trivial over time as it gets endlessly imitated by later products. "Twin Peaks" has a little bit of both. I got a chance to rewatch the series after decades and could feel both its unique and influential elements. It felt a bit old and trite at times, but after getting back into the mood I thought the show still holds pretty well. The exaggerated soap opera elements are hilarious, but are well-balanced by the crime fiction storyline and uncanny, surreal elements. The first season has very little action and takes its time to introduce Twin Peaks and its inhabitants. Quality is not so uniform as different directors and writers took part in the project, but overall everything is well-balanced and, despite the slow pace, hooky enough. Attention lowers a bit towards the end, but the intense and over-the-top season finale manages to effectively bring us back on board. Donna and James' story was the only thing that felt a bit tired, sometimes even painful to watch though. Did anyone really care about them?

The second season starts strong and offers some of the best episodes ever ("Lonely Souls", above all), but it gets completely lost after Laura's killer is revealed. The cheap soap opera elements are the only things left and it doesn't even feel like a parody anymore. Characters have completely different personalities and do silly things all the time. Ben Horne's descent into senile dementia and James new cringe-worthy love interest could be counted among the worst moments in television history. Windom Earle had some potential as the new threat, but he ends up just fooling around and acting like a weirdo with no real consequences. The last episode "Beyond Life and Death" makes little sense but is at least visually interesting. It might be what David Lynch's wanted to do but made me feel the previous 10 episodes even more useless.

Almost thirty years later, Lynch finally gets a chance to revamp the show and have full creative control. For the first time he co-wrote and directed all episodes himself. However, the final product is closer to "Fire Walk With Me" than it is to the original series. As the characters also keep saying, it doesn't even feel like the same place anymore. America changed, television changed, we changed. A lot of the events do not even happen in Twin Peaks, and most of the historical characters just got minor roles. While the original series was fairly linear and self-explicative, there is no-one helping us figure out what is going on. There will be some challenges even if you are familiar with Lynch's recurrent themes and symbolism, especially in the ending. It's one hell of self-indulgent, purely Lynchian 20+ hour movie, but I personally enjoyed it. Despite some cheap-ass CGI here and there (God, that Bob ball and glove dude scene), there are a lot of visually and atmospherically striking shots and a lot of cult moments. I would recommend it to hardcore fans only though.
LowMercMar 22, 2022
Through the darkness of future's past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds "Fire walk with me" The first season promises a series nothing would ever rival. The second season veers on redundance. And the third season:
Through the darkness of future's past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
"Fire walk with me"

And the third season: the first two seasons are so competently well-made, you will sit through it and hate Lynch for finishing it. But hey we all have.
GittoploMay 13, 2020
The greatest show of all time that shaped television, audiences, actors involved and gave me numerous sleepless nights even as an adult. Seminal moment in tv history. Dark, mysterious, quaint and oh so moreish. Season 3 - 25 years later -The greatest show of all time that shaped television, audiences, actors involved and gave me numerous sleepless nights even as an adult. Seminal moment in tv history. Dark, mysterious, quaint and oh so moreish. Season 3 - 25 years later - adds to the mythos. Religious watching. One of Lynch's finest moments. Fire Walk With Me! Expand
MahmusOct 29, 2020
David Lynch is my favorite director. Dale Copper is my favorite TV character. Twin Peaks is my favorite TV show. I love this show with all my heart.

Quirky, creepy, surreal and terrifying. It's hard to put into words just how good this show is. Like all of Lynch's work, it enters your mind and never leaves.

It's true that it struggles a bit during the second half of season two, but it gets a lot better towards the end and ends on one of the best cliffhangers ever.

This is a damn fine show.
Olgierd2281Dec 30, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. David Lynch is a genius. He is a genius. Best TV show I've ever watched. Thanks to this show, I dived into independent cinema. I'm happy with this show. Damn great coffee. Expand
SeyeerGameJan 6, 2022
гармонбозия гармонбозия гармонбозия.... я слышу эти слова в своей черепной коробке каждую ночь... я вижу это лицо, лицо девида линча... он говорит мне где закопана лора палмер...гармонбозия гармонбозия гармонбозия.... я слышу эти слова в своей черепной коробке каждую ночь... я вижу это лицо, лицо девида линча... он говорит мне где закопана лора палмер...
UltraBrasileiroNov 14, 2021
I cannot stress how fascinating and disturbing this is. Hard to describe, even harder not to be absolutely immersed.