• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: May 12, 2020
7.6

1. May 12, 2020
    I haven't smiled a lot lately because the quarantine is destroying my soul. However, this show made me happy. Thank you to everyone who helped make it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    May 13, 2020
    A lovely origami crane of a coda. ... Not surprisingly, that sympathy provides the “best” way through the story. If you choose the honorable path — for our four heroes are, on their own self-involved terms, honorable people — you will come to the perfect ending, of several possible. Sometimes the dishonorable choice will seem the more apt, or potentially fun, but whatever you decide, you will be eventually nudged back in line.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Travers
    May 12, 2020
    “Kimmy vs. The Reverend” isn’t “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmit: The Movie.” It’s too light, too silly, and too unconcerned with characters you once cared about to be taken as the actual ending to a vaunted series. But it’s not trying to be a movie, and it’s not trying to replace the ending Fey and Carlock already provided or reexamine Kimmy’s tragic past; it’s just offering a good time in a way few other TV shows can, matching its madcap creative spirit to a format that allows every joke to have a home.
  3. Reviewed by: Carlos Aguilar
    May 12, 2020
    A “fudging” good time, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy vs the Reverend” is a ceaselessly riotous and uplifting sendoff to one of television’s most infectiously goodhearted characters, a survivor who plays the game of life (and who never cheats at Clue!) with immense optimism that makes us believe in the best of people.