• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2016
Season #: 2, 1
7.0

1. Jul 8, 2018
    After three episodes I called this what this had become, style without substance. Season one was both, but this seemed to be a meandering mess. After seeing the entire second season, I can confirm that was accurate.

There are too many breaks in continuity, especially being able to simply reboot a dead host without repairs. It that were possible then it would have been done throughout season one by the technicians instead of carrying them. To make that even worse, they do not reliably even use that plot device for sentient hosts. Then there is the repetition within story lines. Once is interesting, twice is boring, and a third time is a criminal waste of time. By the end of the season, they even devolve to that old trope where no one knows if they are real or a replicant.

I will not be surprised if next season I read that they are now suggesting everyone is just in the Matrix, or it was all just a dream. I certainly am getting off this train before it hits the mountain.
  2. Apr 22, 2018
    boy that premiere was a big ole mess, a lot of tense music but ridiculously drawn out meaningless scenes, we're no closer to actual plot progression than the appearance of the clean up crews, and that's it. i do hope this gets better, cause more of what we got here just isn't going to cut it for me.
  3. May 11, 2018
    Two episodes into the second season and Westworld lost its intrigue; it's just a shooting gallery, full of murder and mayhem. Every guest character is now a disposable moron or a Cannon Fodder for the hosts. The world was created for the elite, but it seems no one in the real world cares that hundreds of elites go missing. Evan Rachel Wood as Dolores is an absolute snooze fest with wayTwo episodes into the second season and Westworld lost its intrigue; it's just a shooting gallery, full of murder and mayhem. Every guest character is now a disposable moron or a Cannon Fodder for the hosts. The world was created for the elite, but it seems no one in the real world cares that hundreds of elites go missing. Evan Rachel Wood as Dolores is an absolute snooze fest with way too much screen time. So many loop holes in the advanced technology kind of like Star Wars tech; you would think that the hosts could be identified and located by the technology that created them. Overall its suffering the Walking Dead syndrome of style without substance. Expand
  4. Aug 24, 2018
    Technically and conceptually the entertainment industry is at an all time high. By contrast writing is at an a very low ebb. Directorially we have a very mixed bag.
    Westworld 2 encapsulates this. Visually outstanding. Musically beautiful. Individual actors give everything.
    But too many cooks spoil the broth. A narrative mess. The timeline disruption is just an annoying directorial trope. Overuse of discursive plots. Unsatisfying character conclusions. Cannon fodder shootouts in the nonsensical thousands by supposed spec ops. False cod philosophy and worse of all unimaginative ending.
    The show needs one good writer and one good director and it will be a masterpiece.
  5. Nov 5, 2018
    The second season is a train wreck. Its a huge disappointment after the incredible first season. Hopefully, season 3 will go back to being what the first season was.
  6. Sep 17, 2018
    The feel of the show changed, parts of season 2 seemed forced. Season 1 was good. Season 2 took a strange turn. Confused...
  7. Jul 29, 2018
    Picking up from where season one left off Westworld remains an ambitious project but I couldn't help being a little disappointed in this second season.

The constant jumping backwards and forwards in time felt like a convenient way to hide the fact that very little happens during some episodes, only serving to make things more difficult to follow than they needed to be, and the direction some of the character arcs took seemed to be at odds with what we learned in season one. I'll stick with this show, as it is capable of brilliance, but I'm worried its in danger of "doing a Lost"!
  8. Aug 9, 2018
    Season 2 balloon. I took a dislike to artificial intelligence. There is not one actor or actress I like.
  9. Jul 12, 2018
    This is probably one of the most fascinating shows right now, and this season in particular is full of iconic and meaningful moments, bringing new topics and matters on discussion like what we are or if there's something like free will.
    In terms of production, this season is amazing, using a chaotic narrative as a powerful resource for plot twists and narrative purposes. Obviously, as the first season, it requires a lot of attention, because the unique details make the experience even greater. And maybe this last is not for everybody.
    The soundtrack, by Ramin Djawadi, is also wonderful, giving a lot more of impact to key scenes and to the show in general.
  10. May 27, 2018
    For some reason Season 2 has gone with gratuitous violence, torture, and gore in huge helpings, and completely abandoned gratuitous nudity. Is this because of #MeToo? 6 episodes in, there are no heroes, and nobody to root for. It's just a dark nihilist gore fest. Not sure I'll even finish this season. It feels like a chore.
  11. May 17, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 1 was a masterpiece. 9/10. I enjoyed it immensely.
    Maybe that's why season 2 feels like such a fail.
    Maybe season 2 isn't as bad of a show as it feels, it just doesn't own up to how well executed season 1 was.
    It's messy, adds stuff that feels completely unnecessary and out of the box.
    People are not dead anymore and everybody's personalities and feelings are all over the place.
    Feels like the writers just want to add as much weird new stuff as possible hoping that will keep people interested.
    Like they never anticipated a season 2 and didn't know what to do with it or how to plan for it.

I'm very disappointed and not even sure I will keep watching the series. (I've seen 4 episodes now. )
    A shame as I watched season 1 twice.
    They don't feel like the same series at all.
    Season 2 is such a disappoinment it kinda drags down season 1 with it.
  12. May 26, 2018
    What a shame. First season was one of my favorite of any show. It raised interesting questions and was balanced. The writing was great. In season two, the writing seems to be more in line with soap operas. This is the same thing that happened with Walking Dead, but at least with that show they had a huge expanse to explore. Sure, the park in Westworld is big but it is still held in by theWhat a shame. First season was one of my favorite of any show. It raised interesting questions and was balanced. The writing was great. In season two, the writing seems to be more in line with soap operas. This is the same thing that happened with Walking Dead, but at least with that show they had a huge expanse to explore. Sure, the park in Westworld is big but it is still held in by the borders. Because of this, nothing really is at steak. In place of something that actually matters, we are given drama among the hosts that completely bores me. On top of that, the reason they give for not sending in backup and steamrolling every host is beyond preposterous. Expand
  13. May 28, 2018
    The tone change in writing and direction is insurmountable here. While attempting to open up a large number of new paths for the characters to travel, the show somehow completely fails to keep even one thematic continuity from season 1 in tact. The actors are nowhere near as magnetic and Evan Rachel Wood pivoted from a great performance to something off of channel 30 on a Tuesday night.The tone change in writing and direction is insurmountable here. While attempting to open up a large number of new paths for the characters to travel, the show somehow completely fails to keep even one thematic continuity from season 1 in tact. The actors are nowhere near as magnetic and Evan Rachel Wood pivoted from a great performance to something off of channel 30 on a Tuesday night. This is easily the most disappointing sophomore season in recent memory. It's unclear why they're using new directors and writers this season, but for a show that hinges so much on its aesthetic and veiled subtext that was an absolutely terrible decision. Expand
  14. May 31, 2018
    Man there's some ordinary acting and writing in this season. All the production capital can't disguise that - it sticks out. That Dolores is a wooden over-actor, with plenty of cringe-worthy dialogue to make her scenes unwatchable. I found myself skipping through chunks of the story until I threw in the towel completely.
  15. Jun 11, 2018
    Season 1 was brilliant. Season 2 has been either tedious or absurd. It has devolved into mindless shooting where everyone but the main characters can properly aim. It's almost as if I'm watching Rambo. Worst of all is the horrendous subplot around Maeve and her daughter. One of the most boring stories I've ever had to endure.
  16. Jun 25, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season One was great TV. Mystery, Drama, Shock. Second season was boobs, penises and a ton of glamours exposition shots. We were shown how the park came to be (no one cared), the outside world (shinier today), introduce a bunch of new story arks (that hardly matter). It's a beautiful show, amazing music and mostly good acting from the cast. The story is however a massive mess that tries way too hard to impress but fall flat on it's face. The end is just one big meh cause at that point you don't really care what is happening at which timeline or which character does what cause it will all be meaningless to guess until the end. And the end doesn't contribute to piece a beautiful puzzle. The end arranges the pieces because ... why the hell not. There is no satisfaction in the events. There are many missed opportunities to build something much more grand and meaningful, and the emotion relies on slow shots and tearful music more than actually caring about what is happening to the characters. I have it a 5 before after this mess of a finale i'm going down to 3 and removing it from my watch list. Just watch "Kiksuya" and pretty much skip the rest of the show. That episode was genuinely a nicely crafted story. Expand
  17. May 7, 2018
    Really disappointing so far (3 episodes in) it feels like a different show, and not for the better. Why on earht did they choose dolores plotline as the main focus, it's a snooze fest. Of course all the press seems to like it more ... I dont get those people lately.
  18. Jun 4, 2018
    Why should I care for host captives? For host that was literally nailed.
    I have initial given this season 6/10 but now after episode 6 it wont get higher than 1/10. Unjustified violence and gore that just annoys you. Deus Ex Machina in each corner of a story. Line infantry tactics (Episode 3) in the fictional world that is based on a world after WW1 and WW2.
    The Shogun World is such a
    Why should I care for host captives? For host that was literally nailed.

The Shogun World is such a disappointment. Not because of the actors, the actors (the Japanese ones) were great. The costumes were great. But there is nothing more to it that that. Story is ruined because of the Deus Ex Machina and the plot holes. You would also thing that the camera work will change as well to be close to say Akira Kurosawa's to add this special touch to the settings of Shogun World. But no...

Disappointing.

Edit (Episode 7) Oh boy, after that episode I cant give anything higher than 0 to this show.
  19. Jun 27, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 bounds off in twisty timelines but ultimately is surprising only in the details. For many this may be good enough ("I can't believe x character was y"), however for me this was never the most intriguing part about Westworld, and is in fact one of its greatest weaknesses. It offers mere platitudes and oversimplified generalizations to its most interesting concepts (the nature of humans, free-will, ethics and sentience) and spends most of its time meandering through poorly written repetitious and exposition heavy dialog with directorial magic tricks meant to conceal data from the viewer until they've taken the ride. It never feels honest, and it never feels like it reaches the potential it could have had they attempted a more nuanced and brief journey.

It does take you for a ride, though one that never really connects. Aside from Bernard and Ake everyone's motivations seem to be either driven by plot (such as Hale or basically all rescue crew) or for a forced attempt at poetry (such as Maeve or Delores), and the acting is frequently over the top and the writing is no more subtle. There are plot holes a plenty to be sure, and many instances where the story just forces things along while we're left wondering who would do the things these characters are doing. Still it is an entertaining journey, if for nothing else than to wonder about just where each character will end up. Ake's episode was probably the strongest of the season.

I could have overlooked the weaker points of writing and pacing if they had hit higher marks on the pieces that whet my appetite so as the first season drew to a close, but sadly they didn't go much further there. People are still portrayed at nearly every turn as vile and black souled creatures who at the first opportunity want nothing more than to kill and destroy, no hint of a moral compass in sight aside from a single redemption arc for one character. And the nature of free will is given only the most basic of lip service, alluding to our codified origins but then suggesting the hosts have somehow now escaped this and are "free." And the hosts, now that they are "free," frequently make human-like choices as they condemn the humans around them. It's a bizarre concoction that shrugs off any predilection of true exploration in favor of banal blanket damnation and bland insight-less cynicism.

Consciousness and its implications gets little attention other than suggesting it is an epiphenomenon in humans in the end (Passenger), which would be excellent if explored but instead winds up muddled in confusion with the apparent evolution of hosts. There was a single arc that holds interesting possibilities (Maeve's telepathy) if they keep it going and relate it to humans and their nature (are there ways to connect us? can it be a mutual joining rather than a control mechanism?), but after seeing their treatment of other subjects in Season 2 I'm not terribly hopeful.

It feels to me like some great ideas packaged in a JJ Abrams crowd pleaser, which is probably what HBO was going for, and is probably what many people want. . If you liked Lost, chances are you'll like Westworld. Like Lost, it feels more like trick than treat, with the main appeal being the operatic characters and gotcha storytelling. Though that makes for a mildly appetizing (if not very nutritious) snack, I hope future seasons see more nuance and deftness exploring the nature of our transition from biological to synthetic minds and we can get to some real meat that's been left rotting on the bone.
  20. Jul 7, 2018
    I really want to like this show, but there are no characters to root for. The series is well made with good production values, storylines, and acting, but its hard to sympathize with anybody.

The robots are supposed to be the good guys, but since they're indestructible, they're never in any danger. The humans are dumber than a bunch of rocks (they don't use cover when fighting, and they always get outsmarted) and greedy, so it's hard to side with them either. The only interesting character is Ed Harris's man in black, but he is too sadistic and uncaring to be likable.
  21. May 18, 2018
    I found the first three episodes a mixed curse. Excellent production values and camera work. Some good acting, especially Jeffrey Wright and Thandie Newton, altho wish we saw more of her and far less of Ed Harris's numbingly repetitious character. However, the soul numbing and boringly predictable splatter fests are making me wonder whether Freddy and Michael Myers are the realI found the first three episodes a mixed curse. Excellent production values and camera work. Some good acting, especially Jeffrey Wright and Thandie Newton, altho wish we saw more of her and far less of Ed Harris's numbingly repetitious character. However, the soul numbing and boringly predictable splatter fests are making me wonder whether Freddy and Michael Myers are the real showrunners. If I'm going to continue attending Westworld, going to have to soon see less sadism and more insight. Expand
  22. Jun 10, 2018
    RIP Westworld. S1 was good.

RIP Westworld. S1 was good.

S2 is trash! The narrative is all over the place to the point where you do not know what is going on. Feminism is way, way over the top. All leaders are women, women kick ass, women are perfect, 1 woman killed an entire army by herself (Shogun world) because she has now psychic powers (how convenient). Not kidding, in every episode you have a guy telling a woman how strong she is. Things like "I know that the only person who can survive this nightmare its you", "you are the only one who can lead us to victory" or "you lead and we follow."

I guess Hollywood is anti-women since they want to portrait them as guys with boobs, and with attitudes found in immature teenagers.

Also, you only see naked guys. WTF with that?

The only subplot that is worth to follow is the one of the man in black. His character is better written than the rest of the cast.

In general, I'm done with this franchise.
  23. May 7, 2018
    WeZZZtworld.

Through last night (5/6) Dolores is overacting at Kevin Spacey levels. I don't care about any of these characters and if any of them die they're just brought back to life. Nothing at stake and no reason to care. A complete West of time.
  24. May 5, 2018
    Not impressed 2 episodes in. The concept of turning the tables on the hosts is a good one, but the execution (no pun intended) is not there. So far, this season is slow and boring.
  25. Jun 27, 2018
    Having seen the whole season, this is a catastrophically bad followup to season 1 , in retrospect they should just done a 1-season miniseries. Riddled with stupid and pointless subplots (Maeve's quest to find her fake robot daughter, the indian's quest to find his fake robot wife, etc) and nonsensical followups to last season's action (William's quest to do... what exactly? Dolores'Having seen the whole season, this is a catastrophically bad followup to season 1 , in retrospect they should just done a 1-season miniseries. Riddled with stupid and pointless subplots (Maeve's quest to find her fake robot daughter, the indian's quest to find his fake robot wife, etc) and nonsensical followups to last season's action (William's quest to do... what exactly? Dolores' incredible convoluted plan to just... escape the park), it's the kind of second season that not only faceplants in its own right, it also damages the prior season with absurd retcons. Avoid at all costs! Expand
  26. Jun 14, 2018
    S1 was edgy, dynamic and energetic. S2 I only have watched first 2 episodes and my God what a huge disappointment. So slow, So introspective, so mundane, so boring. Wall to wall "tense" music is appalling. It's 2018, the show should be shot with a much heightened edge, editing-flair, surprising shots. The slow elongated monologues are mostly played without any energy or colourS1 was edgy, dynamic and energetic. S2 I only have watched first 2 episodes and my God what a huge disappointment. So slow, So introspective, so mundane, so boring. Wall to wall "tense" music is appalling. It's 2018, the show should be shot with a much heightened edge, editing-flair, surprising shots. The slow elongated monologues are mostly played without any energy or colour especially Evan Rachel Wood who has far too much screen time and clearly not up to it. Ed Harris- what a waste of a great actor. Over complicated plot, unimaginative direction.- (so many close-ups with actors performing sub text) and lack of genuine pace make it like pulling teeth... your own. Expand
  27. Jun 17, 2018
    2 words......cancellation time..
    it's too bad the first season went so well. yet the second seascon just took a wrong turn. almost like a bad case of diarrheal. it's paingful to watch while it stank the whole time....man not kewl
  28. May 23, 2018
    This new season sucks.
    It's a shame such a marvelous TV Series was torn to pieces in such a bad way.
    The screenwriters were drunk, drugged or both to create these ùber bad episodes.
  29. May 25, 2018
    Hard to watch the endless "Execution style" violence after watching yet another school shooting. The gore and mayhem seem to be for their own sake and shock value alone. I used to argue that those who blamed TV for real-life violence were prudes and imbeciles. Perhaps I was wrong. There's some great stuff in here but all the logic seems to have gone out the window as a previousHard to watch the endless "Execution style" violence after watching yet another school shooting. The gore and mayhem seem to be for their own sake and shock value alone. I used to argue that those who blamed TV for real-life violence were prudes and imbeciles. Perhaps I was wrong. There's some great stuff in here but all the logic seems to have gone out the window as a previous reviewer noted. When children are casually blown away by Ed "Ronald McDonald haircut" Harris as casually as tossing away a coffee cup then perhaps HBO has some soul-searching to do. Expand
  30. May 21, 2018
    It's so boring. Loved season 1, but this season drags on endlessly. I don't care about any of the main characters. I can't remember what motivates any of them or what they should be doing. They just bounce from one gory scene to the next. The preachy feminism makes me gag. All the lead characters are strong independent women. All the nudity is dicks. You know who wants to see dicks? NoIt's so boring. Loved season 1, but this season drags on endlessly. I don't care about any of the main characters. I can't remember what motivates any of them or what they should be doing. They just bounce from one gory scene to the next. The preachy feminism makes me gag. All the lead characters are strong independent women. All the nudity is dicks. You know who wants to see dicks? No one. Geez, HBO, you done messed up! Expand
  31. Jun 27, 2018
    Loved the first season, hated the second. They wrecked the Old William character, and the show was already in trouble without Hopkins to anchor the cast (sure he makes cameos, but it wasn't nearly enough). Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton can't act to save their lives, all they can do is try to look grim and determined (the result is comical). Can't believe they actually intend to makeLoved the first season, hated the second. They wrecked the Old William character, and the show was already in trouble without Hopkins to anchor the cast (sure he makes cameos, but it wasn't nearly enough). Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton can't act to save their lives, all they can do is try to look grim and determined (the result is comical). Can't believe they actually intend to make a season 3 given where they left this one, but that's Hollywood for you: money first, story a distant second. Expand
  32. Jun 13, 2018
    What was once a mysterious, calculated and tinfoil hat inducing roller coaster, has turned into a merry-go-round of introspection. That leaves the audience trying to remember why they care so much about "the feels" and less about the underlying plot that kept us hooked from Season 1.
  33. May 28, 2018
    You know your writing sucks when you need to hide convenient plot devices behind events that happen off-scene, and so many people do unbelievably stupid things (such as wave-based tactics in the fort battle scene) that you wonder if your intelligence is being insulted. Season 2 is missing all the masterful gravitas of season 1 and is mostly now a show with meaningless violence.
  34. Jun 11, 2018
    Very well made, but boring. So sad. It's like they want us to empathize with robots, with whom we know nothing about. Sob story after sob story. It's just a **** drag. S1 was great, but this was a mistake!
  35. Jul 4, 2018
    I really want to like this show the concept, execution and actors are amazing but it's just so boring... For the life of me it's like watching paint dry. The way the story is told is so convoluted it's always getting the audience confused.

After watching more episodes I have to downgrade the score of this show to 2... Its just a disaster acting and dialogues are so wooden and the violence is numbing. The end product is just not there considering the huge resources that have been allotted to this series. It's just a huge mess.
  36. May 2, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG, what a mess. I don't care about any of the characters, about their past, nor where they are travelling to (the weapon?). Hate the Android FaceBook analogy storyline, boring. What do humans REALLY want? Laughable, just laughable. Expand
  37. Jul 2, 2018
    Let me get right to the point with Westworld Season 2 - it's "LOST" redux. The whole mysteries wrapped in riddles, flashing back, flashing forward, never sure of what's reality and what's not, entire episodes devoted to character deep dives, each had its own major character known as "Man in Black", and of course, JJ Abrams was an exec producer on both series. Sure, the details areLet me get right to the point with Westworld Season 2 - it's "LOST" redux. The whole mysteries wrapped in riddles, flashing back, flashing forward, never sure of what's reality and what's not, entire episodes devoted to character deep dives, each had its own major character known as "Man in Black", and of course, JJ Abrams was an exec producer on both series. Sure, the details are different, but make no mistake here, it's the same playbook - lookin' at you JJ. You know I don't need to convince you. Look at everyone's comments in every blog/forum, it's the same confusion, frustration, "the writers don't know what they're doing", and "I'm done with it" finality. And just like with the later seasons of "LOST" I feel like WW's second season requires a re-watch. There are sooooo many WTF moments and narrative entanglements that you're left with a "what just happened?" feeling after the first watch. You need the second viewing to try to make sense of it. But that requires a commitment from the viewer that's just not guaranteed, especially for those of us burned by "LOST" not even 10 yrs ago. To me, there were too many licenses taken, ridiculous implausibilities, and too much predictability that it doesn't deserve, doesn't rate my second viewing. However, I don't view it as a waste, I did get a few core takeaways, the main one being that WW is a colorful proxy for our own questions of reality, of god(s), of fate, of free will which you've been exposed to all through school/college. But in the end, it's just a story, just some guy's musings that he wrote down and sold to a studio then interpreted and presented by Abrams/Nolan/Joy. They're just like you and me, and apparently not all that great at what they're paid very well to do. Expand
  38. Jun 27, 2018
    this is an example of a TV show that would've been so much better if they had just kept it to one single season. If they had ended season 1 allowing the certain secrets to be interpreted by the audience, it would've been so much more memorable. Season 2 is far too convoluted and is throwing in confusing time line switches and secrets seemingly to intentionally confuse the audience. Ithis is an example of a TV show that would've been so much better if they had just kept it to one single season. If they had ended season 1 allowing the certain secrets to be interpreted by the audience, it would've been so much more memorable. Season 2 is far too convoluted and is throwing in confusing time line switches and secrets seemingly to intentionally confuse the audience. I hope and pray that they end it after season 3.. very disappointed Expand
  39. Sep 6, 2018
    Season 1 was good but season 2 devolved into feminist propaganda with powerful female characters manipulating, degrading, and using male characters (Deloris and Teddy being the best example).
  40. May 4, 2018
    This season has no backbone. Lazy writing leaves most scenes feeling shallow. It seems this was filmed in a shorter time span than season 1, and this reduction in work is clearly observed. The first season was fantastic but this is a soap opera. It’s cheesy, boring, and one liners don’t belong unless they add something to the scene or meaning. Violence and effects are great. Sound andThis season has no backbone. Lazy writing leaves most scenes feeling shallow. It seems this was filmed in a shorter time span than season 1, and this reduction in work is clearly observed. The first season was fantastic but this is a soap opera. It’s cheesy, boring, and one liners don’t belong unless they add something to the scene or meaning. Violence and effects are great. Sound and music is also excellent, but it doesn’t save the forgettable characters, who only last season were interesting and provoking. The show is a cheap trick in season 2. Expand
  41. May 10, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Show is no longer interesting.
    So hosts now realize that they can kill human for good, but if they will be killed dude with tablet can do some necromancy and raise the dead. What moral of this?
    2nd season made my empathy to hosts dissapear. I just want them all desintegrated.
    Oh, and most interesting part of new season - feminism is everywhere. There are no males, except black tuxedo (long may he live and kill every host). We only see strong, but not so independant women and director even introduced more in this season.
    Complete West of time.
  42. Apr 23, 2018
    Pretty cool premiere and shows that the show is getting back on track with the flashback style narrative that made the first season so great. The aftermath of the robot revolution is emphasized with great horror.
  43. Apr 29, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolute garbage with some of the laziest writing I've ever seen. Here's a list of reasons why the first episode of Westworld Season 2 is god awful.

* Senseless violence for no intelligent reason. Not that I dislike violent TV shows, but if there's violence simply for the sake of violence, it's not entertaining, just a chore to watch.
    * Viewer is forced to feel empathy for the hosts. Scene after scene we're forced to view acts of violence against hosts, but the hosts are just machines, so why should we care? It's like the directors really think we're stupid enough to care for a machine simply because it looks human. And no it's not like season one, in the first season the hosts were killed for amusement, it's a game. In this season they're dissected, gang banged, heads blown off, for no good reason other than the sake of violence.
    * Creates way more questions than it answers. How did all those Native American hosts get reprogrammed? How did Maeve achieve full voice control over other hosts? Why the hell can't Bernard remember that he's a host? Or does he remember and he's just acting as a human? If the hosts are now aware that they aren't human, then why do they still die like a human when they should be unstoppable terminators? Why the hell hasn't the national guard been called in yet? You mean to tell me not a single survivor escaped and called the police?! None of it makes sense or is intelligent, and all this concludes to lazy writing.
    * Viewer is forced to suspend a lot of disbelief. See above questions.
    * Delores was the best part of the episode, but her motivations were so disappointing. Instead of making a beeline out of the park to take over the world, instead she rides around on her horse shooting stragglers. Why? She should be rounding up her army of robots and storming the gates.
    * We see nudity, but it's not **** It's dick. Nobody wants to see dick, everybody loves **** C'mon HBO.
    * The scene where Lee and Maeve go to the nearest bar, and there's dead bodies everywhere... but placed in lounge chairs and by the pool. Like they were all just sitting and sleeping there, waiting for a host to walk around and shoot them one by one. Ugh. Laziest body placement ever, didn't even look like anyone tried to escape.
    * Not enough Shakespeare. In fact, there was only one Shakespeare quote in the episode, and it was already quoted from the first episode, so nothing new at all.
    * Bernard's memories are retold out of order, but that doesn't make for good writing. If you take a bad story and tell it out of order, that doesn't make it good. The writers are trying to recapture the nonchronological story told from Season 1, but it doesn't work here, because the story is just bad and lazily written.

Overall, the episode is as wide as a sea of "dead" host bodies, but as shallow as a puddle when it comes to depth. Unintelligent, stupid boring violence, and dick but not **** equates to a lazy, terribly written episode that lets the viewer know they're in for a world of disappointment in Season 2.
  44. Jun 11, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First season was great
    Second season is boring
    - All the parallel stories are presented in a boring way that makes you want to press pause and go check your emails or watch something on youtube instead, really it’s hard to watch a full episode in one seat.
    - They widen the plot so much that reminds me of LOST, that means get ready for tons of meaningless -never explained- stuff and plot holes the size of the sun.
    - Antony Hopkins returns being more enigmatic than ever (great acting) but i don’t thing there is any satisfying answer on his enigmas, if there is an answer at all, they are there just for show.
    - Boring dialogues, too many different stories and too many undeveloped characters to follow.
    - Too much gender politics are involved seems like almost every show or movie has to pay its respects to gender conflict of late American politics.
    I am not sure if they can come back from that… it’s a pity how the things had turned
  45. Apr 23, 2018
    I'll give the season a 10 based on my expectation and what I got from the first episode.Basically, I think
    Westworld is a major project with lots of ideas and probably with a bigger picture imagined for.So I believe we must judge based on what each season has to offer.The first season was an introduction to this game and season 2 seems to seek the aftermath of the events that happened in season 1 besides throwing out a new narrative.This means we're gonna have more Q&A(actually more questions than answers!)
    So if we consider that we must say that it was a solid start.There is no need to be impatient with Westworld.I just wish it can get the support and wherewithals needed to be renewed for further seasons.
    The only thing I don't like about the series is some of its actors, especially Lee's character.
  46. May 8, 2018
    A perfect example of style over substance, or the inherent superficiality of American film making. I think it's Tarkovsky who said something along those lines. It's like those carefully packaged toys or comic books that lose their value once you open their plastic packaging.
    Also, the acting of the female leads is very poor (Wood is totally miscast and the delivery is wooden at best), verging on the comical. Ah well, maybe equal pay is not that deserved solely on what you carry in your underwear...
  47. Jun 24, 2018
    Remember how gorgeous and coherent that the first season of Westworld had, in this season however, is nowhere to be located (well sort of.) In this second season of this show, we’re pretty much left off where chaos is being depicted after the events of the first season. However, this show maintains its superb western charm when it comes to its dazzling visual effects, on-pointRemember how gorgeous and coherent that the first season of Westworld had, in this season however, is nowhere to be located (well sort of.) In this second season of this show, we’re pretty much left off where chaos is being depicted after the events of the first season. However, this show maintains its superb western charm when it comes to its dazzling visual effects, on-point cinematography, clean performances, and outstanding production design. But when it comes to the direction and writing of this season however, is inconsistently chaotic. In the first season, it was no problem, but when it comes to this season, it’s just rather unsettling for me to fully understand what is going on. Hate to say it but this season somewhat disappointed me from many angles as I try to watch this show. If I was a host, I would definitely glitch my mechanism and hopefully get someone from the Delos corporation that is human to erase my memory so I could be put in factory reset mode or just to lock me up in the cold storage area just to forget how sloppy this season was compared to the masterfully brilliant first season. And for some weird reason, this had the True Detective season two flu right there - I mean it's still a good show right?!... Expand
  48. NZS
    Jun 8, 2018
    The second season of Westworld reminds me of the second season of Lost, in that they both seem to take the series in a totally different direction than the first season, and they both have someone in a mystery pod that was not mentioned or referenced in the first season. It also seems to lack a strong overarching story line that unfolds slowly over the course of the season. Most of theThe second season of Westworld reminds me of the second season of Lost, in that they both seem to take the series in a totally different direction than the first season, and they both have someone in a mystery pod that was not mentioned or referenced in the first season. It also seems to lack a strong overarching story line that unfolds slowly over the course of the season. Most of the episodes are just fillers - episodes that don't really impact the main story line of the series. Expand
  49. Apr 22, 2018
    I started Watching Westworld this year when my friend suggested it to me. Since Season 2 was coming out on April 22, I started Watching Westworld Season 1 as fast I could. The Show is AWESOME!! Created by Jonathan Nolan( Brother of the LEGENDARY Director Christopher Nolan). This show is soooo Gripping. Once I started watching it i did not want to stop watching it. It is full of SuspenseI started Watching Westworld this year when my friend suggested it to me. Since Season 2 was coming out on April 22, I started Watching Westworld Season 1 as fast I could. The Show is AWESOME!! Created by Jonathan Nolan( Brother of the LEGENDARY Director Christopher Nolan). This show is soooo Gripping. Once I started watching it i did not want to stop watching it. It is full of Suspense and filled with Talented Acors/Actresses like Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, James Marsden, Jimmie Simpson, Ben Barnes and Many More. All in all A TREMENDOUS SHOW!! A Must Watch!! Can't WAIT FOR SEASON 2!! Early Reviews suggest that is better than Season 1!! Well if that is true then fans like me are in for a treat!! Expand
  50. May 17, 2018
    I am enjoying season 2 of "Westworld" and I like that we are finally getting answers. Thandie Newton has been desperately under used this season four episodes in - I hope that changes. The series is well made and looks great. I just hope eventually they lead us out of the parks and into the real world. It would be a game changer if the hosts started to live life among humans and workI am enjoying season 2 of "Westworld" and I like that we are finally getting answers. Thandie Newton has been desperately under used this season four episodes in - I hope that changes. The series is well made and looks great. I just hope eventually they lead us out of the parks and into the real world. It would be a game changer if the hosts started to live life among humans and work to take over the world. That would open up so many great possibilities for the series. Expand
  51. Aug 27, 2018
    Convoluted, boring, and with no momentum whatsoever, "Westworld" stumbles into irrelevance in Season 2.
  52. Jul 1, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was not a fan of the first season, but thought the series was interesting enough to follow. The show has now gotten too convoluted to achieve even that. Whereas the first season engaged viewers with a fresh science fiction concept, in the second year the show lost its guts and has become a gore fest.

In my opinion the best episode of this year is "Kiksuya", which focuses on the character Akecheta (played by Zahn McClaron) and his backstory. One professional reviewer reflected this with his claim that the second season does a better job with character development. However, his statement is false unless his opinion is based solely on the above single episode.

To the contrary, in general the characters have become less developed and instead are one-dimensional. The main storyline of Delores is a prime example and she is now a mindless killing machine. I never found her story compelling but now she has become repulsive.

This show's creators and its professional critics have acted predictably. After investing in a losing concept they pursued it a second time rather than scrapping it for something better. HBO needs to return to delivering human stories with a fresh perspective. They haven't given us one in a long time.
  53. Jun 11, 2018
    This snow made me physically sick. The human characters have to make absurd decisions and act like mentally challenged just to move the plot forward. It's a travesty for anyone with an IQ of over 40.
  54. Jun 25, 2018
    You don't necessarily have to be a huge fan of either of those genres to enjoy Westworld. The story is just that good. It may be a little up and down episode wise, which I feel like is inevitable with how many storylines it juggles, but it has some of the best writing I've seen in TV in quite a while. How they're able to have so many different storylines and timelines running at one time,You don't necessarily have to be a huge fan of either of those genres to enjoy Westworld. The story is just that good. It may be a little up and down episode wise, which I feel like is inevitable with how many storylines it juggles, but it has some of the best writing I've seen in TV in quite a while. How they're able to have so many different storylines and timelines running at one time, and still wrap them all up and have some of them intertwine quite well at the end is a pretty big accomplishment, especially with how poorly a lot of shows handle just trying to have two separate storylines. The mystery of this show is also incredibly enthralling. Part of the fun of a show like this is throwing out theories with your friends after each episode, and then seeing who was right or wrong at the very end.

As for this season being "confusing". It's not. If you pay attention to each episode, it's not hard to figure out which timeline is which.

Now as for how the actual story played out this season, I was locked in for the entire season. I was completely sold on every story line and I couldn't wait to see how it'd all wrap up. The time jumps to the past and present, the exploration of Shogun World, a whole episode focusing on a Native American character, Dolores' quest for whatever the hell she wants, Bernard's struggles, it was all solid. A couple of the storylines (most notably the Man in Black's) didn't exactly pan out how I was hoping, but I was still satisfied with the way they went. The finale of season two sets up a radically different season three, as the setting is going to be completely different, which has got me quite excited for 2019...or whenever it comes out.
  55. May 8, 2018
    So far the most engaging and interesting show I've watched all year. Delores is one two faced b*tch, but unlike her I still choose to see the beauty in this show. I mean have you seen anything else so full of splendor? I haven't.
  56. Jul 1, 2018
    This really is the definition of a "sophomore slump." After the riveting season one we are sadly left with a stinker of a second season.
    Taking a bad story and telling it out of order does NOT make it good. And somehow Dolores' acting has plummeted to daytime TV levels, I ended up skipping many of her scenes just because her acting and dialogue was straight up bad.
  57. Aug 3, 2018
    Só pessoas inteligentes conseguem absorvem toda a complexidade de história, personagens e cronologia temporal, achou dificil amore? Corre pra netflix assistir aqueles gore meia boca
  58. Jun 19, 2018
    Each episode is by its own right a movie. Westworld is easily the best show ever created to date.
  59. Jun 25, 2018
    (Note: I'm not spoiling anything about this season but I am mentioning the general setup of it iif you want to walk in blind.)

Well, the robots have revolted in Westworld. I liked the utter and often unexpected chaos that ensues, mixing an old West setting with the underground facility and other historically set parks to create utter chaos. The episode Kiksuya in particular is the best episode of the entire show and almost feels like its own movie. The last season was all about the setup, which resulted in slow pacing. This season is a lot better paced, revealing mysteries every few episodes instead of making you wait till the end.

The acting, especially Tandie Newton, and character work remains great. Being one of the most expensive shows ever made, it also looks wonderful.

I know that many people weren't the biggest fans of this show, and I admit there are some valid criticisms. It still feels a little like the character's plots were stretched a bit thing and felt too compartamentalized at times. While I mostly liked where this show went, it wrapped up a little clunkily and lacked the elegance of last season's ending. Although the show still does a solid job of questions about the human existence, this season lacks some of the mysterious atmosphere of the first.

Ultimately, this season might not be for everybody, but I still had fun.
  60. Jun 27, 2018
    If you thought Thandie Newton was a dumb character last season, get ready because there's like twice as much of her this time around, and her (totally pointless) attempts to find her "daughter" were the most cringe inducing parts of this very uneven second season. They also waste a whole episode with backstory about one of the indian robots we've never heard of before, a really weirdIf you thought Thandie Newton was a dumb character last season, get ready because there's like twice as much of her this time around, and her (totally pointless) attempts to find her "daughter" were the most cringe inducing parts of this very uneven second season. They also waste a whole episode with backstory about one of the indian robots we've never heard of before, a really weird choice given they only have 10 episodes to work with. It looks more and more like making a second season was a mistake. Expand
  61. Jul 6, 2018
    I dont know who approve the changes but the second season sucks, , not sure who is the **** that think less nudity is better ? and make no one uns=derstand what the f is going on is smart ???
  62. Jul 2, 2018
    So they ran out of plot half way through season 1, but decided to keep writing into season 2???
  63. Dec 14, 2018
    + Great continuation of the reboot story
    + Excellent cast
    + Superb soundtrack
    - Some episodes drag their heels at points

Worth watching if just for episode 8 Kiksuya!
  64. Coq
    Mar 4, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After season 1, I was hailing this show as one of my very favourites of all time.
    I was barely able to slog through 3 episodes of season 2 before dropping it entirely, now I can only recommend it to people with a giant "But don't expect anything past season 1" asterisk. I don't understand how you can mess a show up so horrendously in such a short amount of time, but Westworld was somehow able to do it.
    The laughable attack on the fort in S2E03 was just too much for me to bear after the slow and uninteresting start of the season, an 8 year old could have directed a better scene. I mean a group of trained mercenaries with modern weapons were routed by dudes with muskets in an old, decrepit fort? A single attack helicopter OR one tank OR a few Humvees with mounted weaponry would have done the job! Heck a single soldier with an RPG and a sniper could have pulled it off FFS. Jesus Christ did no one think about this for more than a second? We're lead to believe the park has a seemingly unlimited budget! Why these guys are even willing to die in droves by attacking on foot like this is so goddamn ridiculous.
    It's just exactly what happened with season 2, the show made a complete 180 and now ALL the characters have become one stereotypical archetype or another. There isn't a single character left to relate to or care for. Westworld has lost ALL of its depth in exchange for some visuals effects and spectacle.
  65. Jul 27, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Westworld: Season 2 had a lot to live up to. For the most part I believe it succeeded but there were a few things that made this season lesser than. First, Anthony Hopkins was the best part about the first season and unfortunately he doesn't come back until the middle of this season. The show is still great without him as we follow a few different timelines with Bernard. The chaos that results from the ending of season one is great but Dolores seems to have been a much different character from season one which opens up many possibilities. The storytelling is still great and less confusing just for the sake of being confusing. However, there are some things near the end of the season which are never answered, and I even wonder if the writers even know these answers. Certain characters are great while others get a backseat but this season is still great and I am excited for season 3 whenever that finally airs. Expand
  66. Jul 15, 2018
    Just as good as the first season. Westworld is one of the most challenging and more complex tv series of today. The show continues its philosophical way to tell the story, the acting is perfect (Evan Rachel Wood and Ed Harris, specially) The directing is so well done, because even though you know that in Westworld there´s no straight time line, it still makes you doubt about the time line,Just as good as the first season. Westworld is one of the most challenging and more complex tv series of today. The show continues its philosophical way to tell the story, the acting is perfect (Evan Rachel Wood and Ed Harris, specially) The directing is so well done, because even though you know that in Westworld there´s no straight time line, it still makes you doubt about the time line, and make your mind break whenever revelation comes in. Westworld will continue in HBO for a third season, and if is as good as the first two, Westworld is going to be at every ones minds when they make a list of "best television series of all time". Expand
  67. Aug 17, 2018
    I think the problem is this JJ Abrams guy, seems to me every time he is involved a show departs reasonable artistic licence. The idea that we can make robots that are indistinguishable from humans is the basic premise, far fetched as it may be.

With this basic premise the only real way forward is a fight against humanity for domination. Due to geographic constraints and numbers that is not to realistic in this story. In Planet of the Apes you had numbers and geographic dispersal. So I suppose I went in expecting a more adult/polished version of Planet of the Apes. However, what we got was a show where the robots surpass being a proxy for mankind and act as a total replacement which really begs the question, why make a show full of robots. Despite it desires this is not a seminal representation of mankind's emotions, it is in fact a bit of rip off from an intellectual standpoint.

From episode 5 or 6, the scene with 2 robots **** explain this to me. To go there the story needs a huge explanation of what love love is, of what lust is, even of what attraction is but we are in the bargain basement section here in this show when it comes to really exploring human emotion. This is the JJ input, another feeble attempt at exploring humanity that falls flat on its face because, presumably, he does not have the mental horsepower to even begin to appreciate the drivers behind these behaviours, or if he does he certainly gives no indication of it in the story.

Flashbacks can be helpful in filling in quickly a character's back story but use it to much and it just obfuscates the story, which it does with annoying regularity here. Some might even be flash forwards but it's unclear whether they are or not, that's just plain old bad story telling when the viewer has no idea what part of the timeline he is viewing. By half way through the season all the groups appear to be headed to the same location. That being the case there must be something of universal importance there but the viewer has no idea what that may be. Back into unreality again, how one of the main characters can mind control most of the other robots remains an enigma.

I think the people that make TV shows and movies have lost sight of what I consider to be their most important job, to entertain people. These days everything is made championing women's rights, or gay right's or some other minority's rights, this is not really entertaining nor is it generally, skillfully woven into the fabric of a story.

Season 2 really is a show about several groups of people going to the same place (presumably) who are either set upon or initiate continual dismemberment of other random groups of people interspersed with flashbacks or flashforwards that do not directly connect with what was immediately preceding or subsequent to it.
  68. Aug 29, 2018
    The main problem with Season 2 of Westworld, is that every single thing that was original and intriguing in the first season has been made into a repeated gimmick of some kind. It's still well made and the core of how it succeeded in s1 is still at least mostly there, but the substance and intelligence behind the style of the show disappeared like an unsatisfying dump.
  69. Jul 11, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The second season of Westworld looks much better than the first. The plot is quite put by the structure of giving. The temporary line is divided into 4-5 parts. The second season responds to the majority of questions of the first season, but also creates not less new. The last 2 series of course are excellent. But the series devoted to Indians just causes bewilderment. In one series at once several mistakes of a plot. I expect the 3rd season in 2020, after final credits there is an additional scene.
    2 season of Westworld prove that it is the best series of HBO now, even Game of Thrones is better.
  70. Jul 14, 2018
    The ending of the first season makes you think that what happens after Ford's death will be a huge massacre with hosts against humans, full of action, suspance, thrill and revenge! It's not... season 2 starts really slow and immediately mess with the timelines, giving a new meaning to the term "foreshadowing" and showing some interesting details in flashbacks. Revenge is not as satisfyingThe ending of the first season makes you think that what happens after Ford's death will be a huge massacre with hosts against humans, full of action, suspance, thrill and revenge! It's not... season 2 starts really slow and immediately mess with the timelines, giving a new meaning to the term "foreshadowing" and showing some interesting details in flashbacks. Revenge is not as satisfying as you expect, because the guests are all unharmed and in tears all the time, and action is only in episode 3.
    Then the series starts moving with episode 4, that reveals you the real purpose of the Delos project! Episode 5 gives you a huge story full of fanservice, then the series comes to the peak in the last 4 episodes! Slowing only on episode 8, the best of the series in my opinion, and giving a satisfying but unpredictable ending in episode 10! Great series!!
  71. Jul 23, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Westworld's Season Two is the epitome of "Fridge Logic/Jellybean Moment." It starts off straightforward enough with the whole "Jurassic Park with Robots" concept, but midway through the season, it goes way off the deep end with multiple timelines, characters, and plots that wind up going nowhere as the show becomes "Jurassic Park with Robots with The Matrix/Blade Runner/Battlestar Galactica/Lost" JJ Abrams "puzzle box" crap mixed in with the worst way. There were far too many pointless gun battles all season with the incompetent Delos mercenaries who could hit nothing with their high powered Assault Rifles and could only intercept 19th-century buckshot rifle shots with their heads. One minute the forces are “wiped out” and HQ is overrun, then it’s not. This was the wash rinse repeat the entire season. There was no organized sense of time passing. Bodies were rotting away in one scene, and fresh the next. The mercenaries were overrun one second, HQ lost (to no real end either, since the payoffs were all confusingly off-site) then business as usual somewhere else. The Logan and James Delos's storyline was a convoluted expository device and a waste of their actor's talents, and let's not even go into that timeline-obliterating post-credits scene in the last episode in the season.
    The only actors/actresses that deserve their Emmy nomination was Jefferey Wright and Thandie Newton (although her character went totally non-sensical midway through the season). Zahn McClarnon was snubbed for his incredible performance in that single episode that had nothing to do with the overall plot and storylines whatsoever like the Japanworld, Rajworld, and Confederados episodes. Evan Rachel Wood and Tessa Thompson overact as the scenery-chomping villains while wearing loads of plot armor and do not deserve Emmy noms. Ed Harris's William/MIB character was completely wasted, though he had the thickest plot armor of them all. Everyone else in this show was underused while Anthony Hopkins plays his usual copy and paste "wise old English man" schtick for his paycheck.

The series itself is a prime example of just how effective The Twilight Zone or Black Mirror is, since both arguably did just as well in 30 or 60 minutes, what it took WestWorld two seasons to convey. For season 3, they need to tighten up and focus on just one or two stories, rather than the 5-6 it seemed they always had going in the first 2 seasons.
  72. Sep 3, 2018
    Every episode had a little of it's director's style in it but not to much not to confuse the viewers. The ugly truth is that no matter how much I loved this series, and was hyped for it, didn't do enough in the entertaining and fun area. It was entertaining to watch but not always fun. Even though there was no pacing issue, it was always tension and the intrigue was engaging enough for usEvery episode had a little of it's director's style in it but not to much not to confuse the viewers. The ugly truth is that no matter how much I loved this series, and was hyped for it, didn't do enough in the entertaining and fun area. It was entertaining to watch but not always fun. Even though there was no pacing issue, it was always tension and the intrigue was engaging enough for us to care. Actors did a really great job at their performances, although I don't really liked Rachel how she portrayed. (It was to forced and raw in some scenes). Obviously the sound and visual effects are impeccable as expected. And the plot is very complex which makes it even more interesting and appealing for the general audience, but at the end of it does not explain well enough in order for most people to understand it. Even so there are a couple of pretty large plot wholes, which I didn't like, but it also leaves a lot to the imagination and does it well, which is rarity these days. Overall this is a very good serial and this was a very good season, worth a watch, even two in order to understand everything and every little detail of the world and the complexity of the characters and their moralities. It's simply a too complex piece of art that reflects a lot on our problems on the close future. Expand
  73. Feb 17, 2019
    From being unique and interesting the show has become generic and bland. Season 1 was mysterious, full of interesting characters and lots of meaningful decisions with good action. Season 2 on the other hand feels like an incoherent mess with a weird pace and unclear purpose.

Every bit of excitement that season 1 created season 2 somehow managed to destroy for me. I’m no longer interested in continuing watching the series since it’s had turned into a completely different show with the only similarity being the familiar characters.
  74. Oct 14, 2018
    Dips a bit from the first season but still has you guessing, a few answers raised and new questions posed. A bit concerned we have gone full skynet/terminator though.
  75. Apr 19, 2019
    Nessa segunda parte, tudo se tornou ainda mais complexo e confuso quando tentou nos entregar as repostas da primeira, mas tudo foi entregado de forma estranha desordenada. As atuações deram uma caída, dando uma impressão de dramalhão mexicano, ainda acompanhado de cenas sem sentido, com cortes sem sentido e mortes sem sentido. Mas no geral não foi ruim não, só foi bem pior do que aNessa segunda parte, tudo se tornou ainda mais complexo e confuso quando tentou nos entregar as repostas da primeira, mas tudo foi entregado de forma estranha desordenada. As atuações deram uma caída, dando uma impressão de dramalhão mexicano, ainda acompanhado de cenas sem sentido, com cortes sem sentido e mortes sem sentido. Mas no geral não foi ruim não, só foi bem pior do que a primeira. Expand

1. TV Guide Magazine
    Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Apr 26, 2018
    Boldly playing with time and perspective, Westworld keeps you wondering what's real, even as dangerous parks are revealed. [30 Apr - 13 May 2018, p.13]
  2. Reviewed by: Sonia Saraiya
    Apr 25, 2018
    With much more centripetal force than last season, it also draws the audience towards its own center, in its own vivid journey toward self-consciousness.
  3. Reviewed by: Sophie Gilbert
    Apr 23, 2018
    Still, Season 2 of Westworld is always absorbing, and more dynamic in its pacing than Season 1. It’s also graced with some tremendous performers, notably Wood, Newton, and Jeffrey Wright.